Visa run from hua hin

breezer

if i get a mini van from market village to kanchanaburi in the morning, is it simple to get to the border from the drop off point from the mini van?

could the run be done in one day? has anyone done this run yet from hua hin or cha am using public transport yet?

i went to market village yesterday and the first mini van runs at 5am, then 6.15, 7.15, 8.15 etc, and every hour till evening. coming back has the same frequency. price 220B

not 100% sure how to get from Kanchanaburi to the border though. price for lovely border officials is now up to 900B i heard

• 11 months later...

Is it possible to take a thai registered car over the border.

I need to apply for a new visa Non O so I have to go to a Thai Consulate and don´t want to fly if I don´t have to.

Going from Hua Hin.

i believe this border has been closed to all visa runners unfortunately.

also, when i was last there, there were no cars allowed to cross here

Any update on this? I have a friend that is intending going there to do a border run next week............is it open???

Yes it is open..My friend has just done it, he paid a taxi driver 3000 baht left at 5am back 1.30pm..If you get the mini bus you will have to get transport from the town to the border

Do you mean a tourist visa can be got in Kanchanaburi? How much does the mini bus cost and how much does it cost to get to the border from the town?

No you can only activate a tourist visa you already have.My friend has 3 x 60 day visas..The cost of the mini bus is 240 baht to the town i do not know how much from town to the border.

Thanks for your reply. . I have a 2 month tourist visa I git in Vientiane and I got it extended at Immigration the other week. So can I get another tourist visa there in Kanchanaburi and if so how much for the tourist visa? And also how long will they give me the visa for?

• 5 months later...

The border crossing near Kanchanaburi is still open but you need to have a multiple entry visa to activate or you'll only get a 15 day visa exemption stamp, assuming that you qualify for one.

There's some more details here: http://www.hua-hin-thailand.com/hua-hin-to-myanmar-visa-run/

There's a visa run place on the ground floor of the Condochain building (actually a photo shop that organises it)

I have used "Phu Nam Ron" once this year, very easy, convenient minivans to border depart from Kanchanaburi bus station. Slower busses too.

The strip of no-mans-land between Thailand an Burma was done free of charge in back of Burmese pickup. Motorcycles can drive you too.