Chinese bikes.

tmd5855

There were are thread started in 2008 on Gusto Rumba bikes. Wanted to comment, but, cannot since it is archived.

I bought one of these bikes because it were cheaper than an Honda Airblade.

Well so happy with riding it around Pattaya and further afield, fuel consumption, acceleration, fuel economy, ability to hold 90-100k without any weaving, bad vibrations, bought another? This I will be taking up country and leaving in my workshop for when I visit.

The cost of these bikes are the most pleasing. Both cost me 48,000 each, on the road.

Quality is not on par with a Honda. Slight rust discolouration on bits of chrome applied to nuts etc, bit of a clean and Vaseline, job done.

Only problem I am having is trying to source a maintenance manual on them. Anyone advise where they can be obtained. Scouring the internet has drawn a blank.

post-47908-0-98588200-1392816053_thumb.j

This is the first bike.

post-47908-0-55494800-1392816115_thumb.j

This for upcountry?

Edited by tmd5855
  • Like 1

Glad you like the bike Thomas and the other one will be ready by the time you come back. I had one of these right after getting off of a 94 Dyna Wide Glide Harley Davidson and at first all I could do was compare the two. After I stopped that process, I started realizing I quite liked the bike. As you mentioned, quite good on gas consumption and handles pretty well. The center luggage container was perfect for my little Terrier but at first didn't make too much sense to me. Nevertheless, I will shortly have a few more for sale in Pattaya, so if anyone is interested just let me know as I am using a Bartercard Membership to buy the bikes to convert into cash. I can get the color purple now.

Glad you like the bike Thomas and the other one will be ready by the time you come back. I had one of these right after getting off of a 94 Dyna Wide Glide Harley Davidson and at first all I could do was compare the two. After I stopped that process, I started realizing I quite liked the bike. As you mentioned, quite good on gas consumption and handles pretty well. The center luggage container was perfect for my little Terrier but at first didn't make too much sense to me. Nevertheless, I will shortly have a few more for sale in Pattaya, so if anyone is interested just let me know as I am using a Bartercard Membership to buy the bikes to convert into cash. I can get the color purple now.

Maybe you could provide Ttmd 5855 with a manual.

tmd5855, this is a Platinum, isn't it? A twin(?) 250cc? Its a crazy design, copied from a BMW afaik.

Does it have the tank under the seat and storage space in front? What happened to the rear indicators?

Why not show some more pictures and tell us a bit more...
Many people here interested in cheap chinese bikes thumbsup.gif

If anyone is interested and you live in Pattaya, I am taking orders and selling them for 44,000 Baht as is new, with a new CDI unit. This is almost what I pay for them and I am getting them wholesale. I lose about 2,000 Baht on commission I need to pay for my Barter points but am converting my points to cash. I should have one by mid next week and another one possibly two the week after. All of them are in purple. I also can get hold of the smaller Chinese 125 bikes. I use one of these for myself and one for my Secretary and they are quite reliable although I had to get some carb work done on mine that cost me 300 Baht due to them leaving gas sitting in the tank etc. It apparently gummed things up a bit. They are the same proce as the larger 200 CC bikes but are not as good as gas as the bigger bikes which I thought was kind of strange. The smaller ones are automatics. I have the last bikes available reserved, so if you want one, let me know and I'll arrange something. They are new but come with no guarantee. It's an excellent deal all around if someone is looking for a good get around bike.

Better if you are in Pattaya or picking it up here. I am checking into the manual. Thanks.

jonway gs650cheesy.gif

man chinese are getting so imaginative! what next? fake Jesus?

so lets say we bought this bike, who ll service them, where can we find parts and is there any guarantee?

Edited by ll2

jonway gs650cheesy.gif

so lets say we bought this bike, who ll service them, where can we find parts and is there any guarantee?

As I remember it correctly, the distributor which also distribute the JRD scooters sold this Jonway under the Gusto Rumba name... You can try the JRD dealer on Rama 2 Rd, they have all the parts you will ever need...

But I have to say that both Jonway or Gusto Rumba are not on my list of companies I would a motorcycle or scooter from

jonway gs650cheesy.gif

1/ Don't need servicing their bulletproof.

2/ Don't need parts as they last a life-time.

3/ Guarantee not needed.

biggrin.png

jonway gs650cheesy.gif

1/ Don't need servicing their bulletproof.

2/ Don't need parts as they last a life-time.

3/ Guarantee not needed.

biggrin.png

Please people, not forget that this motorcycle was less than 50,000 THB for a parallel-twin and they where introduced back in 2008 the Bangkok JRD dealer still holds stock for this Gusto Rumba bikes...

Apparently the OP has bough the bike back in 2008 and is still using it, that is 5-years with a few months... or 10,000 THB per year... not bad to my idea....