Suthep vows boycott of firms tied to Shinawatras

webfact

Suthep's move is a good one. Thaksin's money is everywhere. If people don't want to contribute to it, they don't have to. It's a free society. For those who still propagate the tired fiction that the poor are the closest to Thaksin's heart, take a look one day at these skyscrapers, and you'll see an entirely different fixation. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. These enterprises exist to serve Thaksin and further his empire.

Get real! The boycott will be as effective as blowing a whistle. whistling.gif

I doubt the family would suffer any meaningful damage, but it could negatively impact people who work at those companies. If loss of revenue occurs then the response would be to cut costs ... fire workers and cut salaries. A bit like preventing the government from getting funds to pay farmers. It may put pressure on those at the top, but the real victims, as usual, are the most vulnerable and the least to blame.

And. as an example, if a large number of people dump AIS and move to DTAC or whatever, watch services at DTAC get even more spotty.

Edited by Suradit69

Would be useful to get a list of Shin's businesses, so we know which ones to boycott. Any ideas folks? If anyone has a complete list - please post. Many thanks.

The list was discussed in another thread. If you can't find it through the forum search, send a PM.

Around where I live, Thais have started boycotting:

7/11

CP Fresh

PTT

Nestle's products.

AIS

Surprised they haven't added True as it's also owned by CP, but that may come.

• Like 1

We should all stop using AIS & 1-2-Call.

There are other phone companies that is not own by Thaksin.

Yep - I'm deciding this now. Can't transfer my number to another provider. I think. Any advice here?

Think you can transfer, call Dtac 1678 ext 4 English advisory-customer services. or go into Dtac counter, usually Tesco-or a.n. other.

All of you whom fly Air Asia put money in Thaksin's pocket.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bangkok Airways, today Udon to Swampy 3,800 baht 2 persons 1 way, 5 kilos carry on bag----20 kilo -hold. free food in departure lounge, 1 hour flight, meal served on flight also.------ so change from A.Asia.

• Like 1

Seems on the hitlist are also

Krispy kreme doughnuts and one that will hurt me......... Maxwell 3 in 1 coffee still I drink too much coffee anyway. I just wish o had shorted SC on Monday damn damn damn!

I really think that of all the countries where boycotts would have an impact Thailand is up at the top. Thais are great people ....until you cross them, then they can be vindictive SOB's who NEVER forgive and forget!

Edited by GentlemanJim

Would be useful to get a list of Shin's businesses, so we know which ones to boycott. Any ideas folks? If anyone has a complete list - please post. Many thanks.

The list was discussed in another thread. If you can't find it through the forum search, send a PM.

7/11

CP Fresh

PTT

Nestle's products.

AIS

Not unsurprisingly, you failed to mention the biggest boycott...getting international attention as well...Singha

It would be very useful to get a list of these businesses so that we know which ones to short on the market, we may as well make money out of their demise wink.png

here's three of them:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705741-anti-government-protesters-lay-siege-to-shinawatra-tower-3/page-3#entry7464519

7/11

CP Fresh

PTT

Nestle's products.

AIS

Not unsurprisingly, you failed to mention the biggest boycott...getting international attention as well...Singha

And not unsurprisingly perhaps where he lives Singha is not being boycotted! And this thread is about Thaksins companies or are you trying to hijack yet another thread? Its always been the same Singha sales low in the North and Chang sales low in the South.

Shin Corporation PLC Top 10 largest shareholders as of 27 August 2013 No. Name No. of Shares Percentage of Invesment 1 ASPEN HOLDINGS LIMITED 1,334,354,825 41.62 2 THAI NVDR COMPANY LIMITED 735,175,315 22.93 3 CHASE NOMINEES LIMITED 28 26,492,700 0.83 4 LITTLEDOWN NOMINEES LIMITED 24,352,900 0.76 5 GOVERNMENT PENSION FUND (EQ-TH) 21,760,000 0.68 6 STATE STREET BANK EUROPE LIMITED 21,134,366 0.66 7 MR. PRACHA DUMRONGSUTTHIPHONG 21,090,200 0.66 8 MR. BUMRUNG SRINGAN 20,900,001 0.65 9 KRUNGSRI DIVIDEND STOCK LTF 20,873,800 0.65 10 CHASE NOMINEES LIMITED 19,060,176 0.59

Source: Major Shareholders' report as of 27 August 2013 prepared by Thailand Securities Depository Co., Ltd.

NO SHINAWATRAS IN SIGHT!! GO FOR IT SUTWERP!!

• Like 1

lol people are weird if i want a beer I will use 7/11 because its convenient i couldnt care less who owns what shares, if A Asia makes sense ill fly AA dont care about the shareholders, in fact I will use any damned service I wish to when I wish to that makes sense for me and so will most everyone else you lot sound like a bunch of vegan bible bashers trying to weed out every place shins have shares in and getting all ra ra ra ...

Well youd better boycott the big players like Microsoft and Apple they have thousands of shares there too and a good few hundred other big players if not more... certainly facebook they got in there early I know that from years back youd best shut that off etc etc etc coffee1.gif such strange people with a la la ott crusade some here are sounding pretty manic facepalm.gif

And no i dont give a rats ass how many satang hes making out of me no doubt thousands of other scumbags have at some point and off you too.. ill stick to just getting up going to work and messing about on a few forums... after all Thailand isnt our country as we keep getting reminded why would we act as if it matters when we are getting screwed by Thais left and right and double charged to visit parks etc etc the list goes on...

Not my vote, not my making and not my responsibility at all, i cant really fathom why people become obsessed about things here they have nothing really to do with ... your a farang and you dont count remember ? whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

TMB bank is also own by Thaksin.

Better close your account ahead of another bank run.

everybody should take their money out and keep it under the matrass.

Just so long as they don't weep and wail when they lose it, spend it recklessly or have it stolen from them.

Suthep is going to really hurt some of his own followers with this. He'll become a liability if he is not careful as this Sondhi after the last coup!!!

Shin Corporation PLC Top 10 largest shareholders as of 27 August 2013 No. Name No. of Shares Percentage of Invesment 1 ASPEN HOLDINGS LIMITED 1,334,354,825 41.62 2 THAI NVDR COMPANY LIMITED 735,175,315 22.93 3 CHASE NOMINEES LIMITED 28 26,492,700 0.83 4 LITTLEDOWN NOMINEES LIMITED 24,352,900 0.76 5 GOVERNMENT PENSION FUND (EQ-TH) 21,760,000 0.68 6 STATE STREET BANK EUROPE LIMITED 21,134,366 0.66 7 MR. PRACHA DUMRONGSUTTHIPHONG 21,090,200 0.66 8 MR. BUMRUNG SRINGAN 20,900,001 0.65 9 KRUNGSRI DIVIDEND STOCK LTF 20,873,800 0.65 10 CHASE NOMINEES LIMITED 19,060,176 0.59

Source: Major Shareholders' report as of 27 August 2013 prepared by Thailand Securities Depository Co., Ltd.

NO SHINAWATRAS IN SIGHT!!

However, there's no way of knowing how much stock the Shinawatras are holding in the company. The absence of their name is meaningless.

"2. THAI NVDR COMPANY LIMITED"

The Shin Corp shares have disappeared into Thai NVDR Co, set up by the Stock Exchange of Thailand to help investors circumvent foreign ownership rules. NVDR holders have no voting power, but they enjoy similar dividend payouts and other benefits with other shareholders. NVDR is an excellent sanctuary, with official blessings, to help big-time investors hide their identities behind a smoke screen.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Mystery-deal-gets-even-murkier-30197636.html

"3. CHASE NOMINEES LIMITED 28"

Nominees. Self-explanatory

"4. LITTLEDOWN NOMINEES LIMITED"

Nominees. Ditto.

"10. CHASE NOMINEES LIMITED"

Even more nominees.

Hahaha 4.94% fall in SC Assets.

Suthep should have done this long ago. Let's see how long before the Shinawatras quit. This time this is their own money!

Most likely it is your bank's money.

You should look at who has financed the SC Asset Co. An investment company does not raise funds for its activities solely from its shareholders. It obtains the financing from a large number of institutional and VC sources such as banks, pension funds, life insurers etc.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Get real! The boycott will be as effective as blowing a whistle. whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

and blowing a whistle started a revolution

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

That's a stretch. rolleyes.gif

It ain't over until the fat lady General sings. coffee1.gif

manipulating public companies' stock prices because he doesn't like one of the shareholders... leading "peaceful" protests that continue to cause death and destruction... criticizing the government for wasting economic resources while attempting to paralyze the financial center of the country... announcing deadline after deadline for victory... challenging his adversaries to fist fights in the street...

suthep may be a bit of a moron but he is certainly funny...

• Like 2

As both sides of the political divide are scalawags and crooks what would be truly useful is a list of companies owned or

run by any politicians or there families. Every attempt should be made to boycott them all. coffee1.gif

We should all stop using AIS & 1-2-Call.

There are other phone companies that is not own by Thaksin.

Yep - I'm deciding this now. Can't transfer my number to another provider. I think. Any advice here?

True is making it very easy to switch. They're even sending SIMs by messenger; no need to go to the mall!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Suthep called on shareholders of Shinawatra-owned or affiliated companies, such as Advanced Info Service and residential developer SC Asset, to sell their stakes en mass"

what would that achieve?... except for losses for existing investors and gains for anyone who has taken a short position in the stocks prior to Suthep's statement?...

I wonder how many shares Suthep sold the day before he announced this boycott. laugh.png

Keep wondering and quit grabbing for straws.

HEHEHEHEHAHAHA,,,,,, any one who knows anything about buying shares would know the golden rule, BUY in the gloom and sell in the BOOM, seems it will soon be time to make a few wise investment choices, also I wonder if O'l Sethep knows if he has broken any securities and exchange commission laws by say this??? Remember They couldn't get Al Capone until he mess with the tax laws, maybe something there for the Thai tax department to take a look at????whistling.gif