Anti-government protesters lay siege to Shinawatra Tower 3

webfact

Anti-government protesters lay siege to Shinawatra Tower 3

Bg4xnjZCQAAcCDJ-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Shinawatra family’s businesses now become the target of anti-government protesters to pressure the caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra with now several thousands of protesters gathering in front of the building, while more are heading to join.

The Shinawatra Tower 3 is said to house the SC Asset Company which is previously owned by Ms Yingluck Shinawatra.

The target shift to the businesses of the Shinawatra family was declared last night by People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban after failing to see her at her temporary office inside the Permanent Secretary’s Office in Muangthong Thani complex yesterday

Suthep vowed to pursue Yingluck at all places she went to bring the end to her power and rule in the country.

Protesters rallying in front of Shinawatra Tower 3 came from five main protest sites, including the Chaengwattana site led by Luang Poo Buddha-issara.

Luang Poo Buddha-issara announced to shift from Shinawatra Tower 3 to an undisclosed place today with hundreds of protesters.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-government-protesters-lay-siege-shinawatra-tower-3/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-20

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Shinawatra Tower 3 is said to house the SC Asset Company which is previously owned by Ms Yingluck Shinawatra.

Suthep vowed to pursue Yingluck at all places she went to bring the end to her power and rule in the country.

umm its just a guess but shes probably not there.

One would think that the PDRC has someone with some brains who can research the companies still having ties to the Shinawatra family and arrange the 'faithful' to boycott these enterprises. It would certainly be a better tactic than creating a run on the Government Savings Bank over an earnest attempt to help the rice farmers.

Having said this, making intelligent decisions to protest doesn't make for good news on Bluesky or allow the daily rants and raves.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And just a guess, they would be shocked if she was there.

Ever heard of symbolism?

I think it says the SC asset Company was previously owned.w00t.gif

This would mean it is no longer owned by Ms Yingluck.thumbsup.gif

PDRC protesters gather at Shinawatra 3 Building on Vibhavadi Rd.

BANGKOK, 20 Feb 2014 (NNT) - According to traffic police reports, protesters of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) have moved from their rally site in Chaengwattana area in a convoy of about 20 trucks and cars and four buses led by a 6-wheel lorry with amplifiers, to Vibhavadi Rd. where the Shinawatra 3 Building is.

The move is part of the PDRC’s new campaign to boycott products and services made under the Shinawatra family’s name.

PDRC Secretary General Suthep Thaugsuban yesterday announced on the rally stage the boycott would be used to unseat the Yingluck administration. Mr. Suthep said the plan was first initiated by another PDRC core member, activist monk Buddha Issara, during their brief meeting on Wednesday.

Mr. Suthep called on shareholders of Shinawatra-owned and related companies to sell their shares. Notable Shinawatra-affiliated firms include Advanced Info Service and real estate developer SC Asset.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-20 footer_n.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And just a guess, they would be shocked if she was there.

Ever heard of symbolism?

Ever hear of the 'edifice complex'? biggrin.png

If anyone damns these protests, then they clearly support Thalsin Shinawatra and his family of thieves and murderers, and that means there is zero help for you. You are soulless and dead inside.

dam_n these idiots. The companies that lease space in that building and their employees have bugger all to do with Thaksin or his questionable politics.

Suthep and his fellow circle-jerkers are fast running out of options (and intelligence if they ever had any) since YL gave up her office there ages ago.

Soulless and dead my arse.

Fail:

They lease, as you say, therefore paying rent to the Sin Corp. Anybody in their right mind, right now, would be pulling out: not business as usual. Then again, they're all in it together.

• Like 1

If anyone damns these protests, then they clearly support Thalsin Shinawatra and his family of thieves and murderers, and that means there is zero help for you. You are soulless and dead inside.

dam_n these idiots. The companies that lease space in that building and their employees have bugger all to do with Thaksin or his questionable politics.

Suthep and his fellow circle-jerkers are fast running out of options (and intelligence if they ever had any) since YL gave up her office there ages ago.

Fail:

They lease, as you say, therefore paying rent to the Sin Corp. Anybody in their right mind, right now, would be pulling out: not business as usual. Then again, they're all in it together.

???? Sorry?

So, if I am a business man and I have my office at Shinawatra Tower, I should be closing my business for protest against her? And ruining my business?

Today is joke day on TVF. Isn't it?

• Like 1

"Protesters lay seige!"

Picture of people having coffee.....

Let's see if Chalerm can round up some thug red-shirt police to forcibly remove the coffee drinkers. He needs to show that he will not be kowtowed by the court rendering the SOE toothless.

Well they say a toothless tiger can suck you dry.

Fail:

???? Sorry?

So, if I am a business man and I have my office at Shinawatra Tower, I should be closing my business for protest against her? And ruining my business?

He is suggesting even worse than that. According to him your employees will be fair game for harassment and intimidation as they go about their daily business just trying to go to and from work. And if you want a precendence for my opinion just remember how advanced voters were intimidated in Bangkok as well as harassment of voters in places such as Din Daeng on Feb 2.

Fail:

???? Sorry?

Fail:

When you decided to invest in leasing from the Shinawatras you made a decision (or he/she did), in support of something know corrupt.

Did I say 'close business'? No, I said move, and it should have been in modus operandi by any wise owner for months.

Did I even say protest? Your conclusions are bizarre, to what you read, as normal.

Your response and interpretation is a joke, if you ask me. Please learn comprehension. You might pass a few logical posts.

• Like 1

???? Sorry?

He is suggesting even worse than that. According to him your employees will be fair game for harassment and intimidation as they go about their daily business just trying to go to and from work. And if you want a precendence for my opinion just remember how advanced voters were intimidated in Bangkok as well as harassment of voters in places such as Din Daeng on Feb 2.

Boss's responsibility for what he invests in, and the safety of his workers.......

Edited by Scott

"Protesters lay siege"

20 people mulling around an area that 200 would fit into, 4 of whom are freely walking in or out of the building.

Don't forget those wearing the green armbands which indicate the media. If it was formerly owned by Yingluk what is the point?

???? Sorry?

After reading his insulting reply, I did not lose much time and put him in the ignore list...

"non ragioniam di lor, ma guarda e passa" - "let us not talk of them, but look and pass."

Dante Alighieri, Inferno, canto iii

• Like 1

"Protesters lay seige!"

Picture of people having coffee.....

Let's see if Chalerm can round up some thug red-shirt police to forcibly remove the coffee drinkers. He needs to show that he will not be kowtowed by the court rendering the SOE toothless.

Well they say a toothless tiger can suck you dry.

Thought that's called a 'gum' job.

???? Sorry?

Boss's responsibility for what he invests in, and the safety of his workers.......

And you are talking out of yours, businesses sign contracts on a lease they can range from a few months to a decade or so... given this place goes up in arms every few years any business is at risk. Your speaking before you think as does suthep and his actions. No thought for the normal thai at all.

Whats next annexing Chiang mai for where his family live ? get real.

• Like 2

???? Sorry?

After reading his insulting reply, I did not lose much time and put him in the ignore list...

"non ragioniam di lor, ma guarda e passa" - "let us not talk of them, but look and pass."

Dante Alighieri, Inferno, canto iii

Please illustrate my insult, in my reply. Thanks.

She hardly ever was when she worked there.

"Protesters lay siege"

20 people mulling around an area that 200 would fit into, 4 of whom are freely walking in or out of the building.

Bad picture probably a stock photo of the entrance because none of those are protesters clearly.

I am watching Channel 3 news that just showed a good few thousand making their way there from on protest site and i think there are others which are en route.

Don't worry lads, by the end of the day you will be treated to many pictures of a total lockdown of several Shin Corp locations.

There's a small hitch. What if the majority ownership is not with Thaksin Shiniwatra? I can think of some assets where there is an investment interest by an entity which I am not allowed to name. Nothing special about it either. Real estate is rarely in the hands of who people think own it. In Thailand, large tracts of prime real estate are held by an unnamed entity. As part of the lease, ownership of the property can return to the landholder after a period of time, or the landowner can hold a stake in the building. I suppose the amusing aspect of this is that some of the employee groups who are protesting, have their pension funds invested in diverse "secure" funds, which most likely have some money tied up in what are presumed to be Shin Corp property. Where do these people think the banks and investment funds put their deposits in order to generate the return on investment? If they really wanted to make a statement, they should consider divestment.

Sorry, but this sounds like pure rearguard spin. Almost like the last communique from Egon Krenz before turning out the lights.

???? Sorry?

Well I suppose in a fascist world you are right, where armed street thugs shoot first and ask questions later that is how it works. Remember the innocent motorists who took a wrong turning up the flyover and were shot at with live ammunition by Suthep's guards? Obviously the motorists were in the wrong for not realising that part of the highway was rightfully occupied by the street thugs (as confirmed by the civil court). So I suppose drawing a similar conclusion we should assume innocent employees who are going in and out of their offices are now fair game for intimidation because it is the fault of the bosses?

You're don't work in some capacity at the civil court do you, by chance?

• Like 1

Fail:

???? Sorry?

We as company would never rent an office at a Shinawatra building...It would be also against our company policy of zero tolerance to corruption.

You rent it in the full knowledge to support a corrupt person. If the building would be named "ample rich building" you might don't know the owner. But it is named Shinawatra.

I also wouldn't rent office space in

Hitler building

Marco building

Ceaușescu building

• Like 1