What size AC for 50 sq mts and 15 sq mts?

FACTOR

Also with inverted type you have to check how low the cooling capacity is... Even if over-sized it will dehumidify as it is running at low effect. But if the cooling low effect is higher than your need it will go on/off.

Older on/off units is more important to keep at adequate size according to room as oversize here will cycle on/off

Am inti A/C's back in New Zealand, depending on the country and temps, Thailand I would work on 1klw = roughly 3000btu I would work on 6sqr mt per klw so 50sqr mt 8klw, 28,000btu.

The 15sqr room 9,000btu.

Hope it helps.

<deleted> yes this is the internet. Maybe if I wanted to know the recording history of Bob Dylan I could Google it or post it on thaivisa . You blokes need to get out more

Jacksam, how do you know I haven't Googled my question in addition to asking here on Thaivisa thinking I'd benefit from a wide range of opinions? There are a lot of knowledgeable people here on this sub forum DIY housing who will give good advice based on personal experience. I find a lot of the google searches just lead to commercial sites. Ok let's say you wanted to know the recording history of Bob Dylan, and you knew for a fact there was a forum dedicated exclusively to that subject; according to your argument, you would Google it rather than going to the dedicated forum. Perhaps it's you who needs to get out more.

Thanks

<deleted> yes this is the internet. Maybe if I wanted to know the recording history of Bob Dylan I could Google it or post it on thaivisa . You blokes need to get out more

Jacksam, how do you know I haven't Googled my question in addition to asking here on Thaivisa thinking I'd benefit from a wide range of opinions? There are a lot of knowledgeable people here on this sub forum DIY housing who will give good advice based on personal experience. I find a lot of the google searches just lead to commercial sites. Ok let's say you wanted to know the recording history of Bob Dylan, and you knew for a fact there was a forum dedicated exclusively to that subject; according to your argument, you would Google it rather than going to the dedicated forum. Perhaps it's you who needs to get out more.

Thanks

jacksam, well as you would well know, there is always one around who delights in sh1t-stirring, they must lead a pretty boring life.

Thanks

jacksam, well as you would well know, there is always one around who delights in sh1t-stirring, they must lead a pretty boring life.

Thanks

Yes, I picked up on that.

Maybe I can get some advice here -- since some of the links in post #29 seem a bit low.

The room in question is a (2 person) master bedroom 6.5m x 6 m with bay window (~1 m x 3m) .. on the SSW end of the house.

- House is in Khon Kaen, U. Sila

- Elevated 1 m with soil then additional 1 m with construction

- Soil fill under floor

- Roof is light gray CPAC 35 degree gable style with foil

- Insulation is plastic-wrapped 3" blanket on ceiling.

- Ceilings 3.5 m high (3 m under the bay window area)

- Construction is single layer Q-Con

- Roof gables have oversize vents

- Installed exhaust fan 18", 3/4 hp on north end vent

- Windows are oversize with 6mm glass.

Will eventually have shade on that room, but it will take a few seasons to grow.

Last house we used air con nights only for 3 - 4 months of the year.

We seldom lower room temps under 26 degrees.

So what btu rating is recommended for this room -- standard air con -- not inverter.

Thanks

Edited by klikster

having 2 air cons put in by the builders both saijo denki 12,000btu and both in bedrooms one of which is only used about 2-3 weeks a yr.but our bedroom lately the compressor has been going non stop.we didn't find out till a yr.after the build that it was cracked when fitted and was leaking water.i did manage to seal it but it only lasts through the colder months.it started to leak again 2weeks ago so today we had both serviced and repaired as the other one was cracked aswell,fitter said they have used cheap caseing.so it looks like moving the one in our room to another spare bedroom and getting a new one[and it wont be saijo denki].I have the temp.set at the lowest 59f 8pm which takes quite a while to cool the room down,usually switching off around 3am our dog loves it,the colder the better. so I am thinking of getting a 18,000btu.room size 28sq.mts. does that sound ok.

its hot hot and bloody hot,dont know whats costing more the air con or my cider.w00t.gif

I have been thinking about an air con for the house.

Both upstairs bedrooms have them though they are rarely used.

I was thinking of putting an a/c into the lounge area upstairs which is about 6 x 5 metres.

The problem if there is one is that it is open to the stairwell so a lot of cold air will go downstairs to the living area which is about 8 x metres.

In one way this is a good thing as it cools downstairs without the need for another a/c unit and I was thinking about putting a frame with a concertina door at the top of the stairs to stop the air from going downstairs.

Would this be a good idea as I could leave the bedroom doors open at night and get the benefit of a/c from the main room.

What would be the best size a/c to do this job. I know the compressor will be running full time but it would be set to around 28 or 29 C. During the day the outside temp gets up to about 38C now and perhaps 42 or 43 when it gets really hot.

I was thinking of putting an a/c into the lounge area upstairs which is about 6 x 5 metres.

The problem if there is one is that it is open to the stairwell so a lot of cold air will go downstairs to the living area which is about 8 x metres.

In one way this is a good thing as it cools downstairs without the need for another a/c unit and I was thinking about putting a frame with a concertina door at the top of the stairs to stop the air from going downstairs.

Would this be a good idea as I could leave the bedroom doors open at night and get the benefit of a/c from the main room.

What would be the best size a/c to do this job. I know the compressor will be running full time but it would be set to around 28 or 29 C. During the day the outside temp gets up to about 38C now and perhaps 42 or 43 when it gets really hot.

we had 2bedrooms knocked into one with a tv.lounge/coffee room leading on to a balcony so that part is air con free as we have the balcony doors open 24/7 and a powerfull fan so this is fine.for the bedroom part we put in a folding door so with one of them bed sausages to stop the cold air from the air con escapeing underneath it works just fine.its downstairs we find it hot hot hot as we cannot use air con,the lounge is over 30ft long leading into a large kitchen diner so its ceiling fans and moveable ones but with this heat that we are getting now its very uncomfortable.no it wasn't the wife that wanted a big house it was his lordship.i would think you wouldn't get much benefit from an upstairs aircon,we usually put the aircon on about an hr.before bed but you cant feel any cold air outside of the room at the top of the stairs.

Most hardware stores will calculate 600 BTU per sqm, the technical department of Daikin company advises 800 BTU per sqm.

Thanks for the equation. Very useful. I understand Daikin make good equipment.

Daikin is still the est A/C on the market, followed by Mitsubishi.....I have found

we had 2bedrooms knocked into one with a tv.lounge/coffee room leading on to a balcony so that part is air con free as we have the balcony doors open 24/7 and a powerfull fan so this is fine.for the bedroom part we put in a folding door so with one of them bed sausages to stop the cold air from the air con escapeing underneath it works just fine.its downstairs we find it hot hot hot as we cannot use air con,the lounge is over 30ft long leading into a large kitchen diner so its ceiling fans and moveable ones but with this heat that we are getting now its very uncomfortable.no it wasn't the wife that wanted a big house it was his lordship.i would think you wouldn't get much benefit from an upstairs aircon,we usually put the aircon on about an hr.before bed but you cant feel any cold air outside of the room at the top of the stairs.

Out of curiousity yesterday afternoon I turned my bedroom a/c on about 2.30 pm, shut the windows but left the door open. I had an hours kip later and by 5 pm the temperature in the bedroom was down by 1.5 deg and downstairs by 1 deg. It really wasn't that good as the the a/c isn't that big.