Recommendation - Air Purifier

HullyGully

Do you have an aircon? You can turn it into a giant air purifier by adding some 3M filtrate material to the filter. Ours works great! Do a search on here to learn more about it and where to buy it. For a few hundred baht to can have a air filter that does way more volume than any commercial unit.

Yep, used it, worked great. Smelled like smoke when I changed it. You don't need to cut to exact size and use the little sticky tabs.... just fold it around your coarse primary filter elements and slide them back in again. Lovely. If you want a UNIT, I am happy with my AMWAY large unit, after doing quite some research. Units that have electrostatic cleaners integrated probably get smoke the best. Or, there's always vacation to Phuket during the burning season.

Kogan, in Australia has a great Air Purifier It has HEPA filters and also a secondary mode to combat viruses in the air. The air in room is turned over 5 times in one hour Check www.kogan.com.au They will deliver ex their Hong Kong distribution centre direct to you Cost is $AU 89 I have used for 2 months and it works 100%

With respect to the 3M filer material, normally AC unit have two washable filter

Do you cut the filter material to that size and instal between the AC and filter, or do you cut a larger piece and place over the whole filter area

With respect to the 3M filer material, normally AC unit have two washable filter

Do you cut the filter material to that size and instal between the AC and filter, or do you cut a larger piece and place over the whole filter area

I use the filtrete paper over the air intake. That way all the air coming into the system is prefiltered.

Once dirty air is inside the A/C then for me anyway its harder to trap. The added layer of post filter causes some blow by in my unit.

Worth playing around with.

I stand in front of air exhaust and let the air hit my eyeballs. More or less particles can be detected this way.

Hatari make a good one. The old model costs 5000 bahtb and the large HEPA and carbon filters cost 500 baht each. THe new model is a bit fancier but online prices are round the same..

I suggest getting someone to ring them and find out a local supplier.

Some of the foreign ones are nice but filters need replacement and those that are available are expensive and you cannot get them here for some types. The Homepro online shoping site said availavle online and in Chiangmai.

Edited by harrry

Generally, IQAir and Blueair seem to come up among the top 3-5 in most tests. Additionally there are some more exotic, and probably difficult to get, brands also.

One site that has quoted a recent review with more-or-less locally (to Asia) available brands is here: http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/pollution/finally-great-data-on-air-purifiers-in-china/

I have ordered an air purifier from http://www.eaeasy.com myself, based on another TV-poster mentioning EAEasy. I have only barely had the need to contact them for any after-sale service, and their response to that was good. Not enough dealings for me to strongly recommend them, but enough for me to mention them. Their website is in Thai, but if you use google-chrome, it seems to translate it to English well enough. The guy who responds to emails at the EAEasy "Contact"-address fortunately reads/writes English well and I had no trouble communicating with him that way.

• 1 year later...