HTC customer service JOKE

FireMedic

I'll be the first to admit I was a HTC fanboy for a long time. I the US, customer service is pretty good. If you had a problem, they would fix it or replace it with little to no hassle. Well I bought my HTC one in Phuket and it worked great. It is a great phone, fast, everything is fine....HOWEVER the camera was faulty from the get go and they knew it. The Ultrapixel thing is a joke. All of my pictures in any other condition than broad daylight has a 75% purple hue to it. I've read online that many people are having the problems. Well, I'm in Bkk now and called the service center. WOW. All I can say is WOW. Nothing surprises anymore in this country. My phone is only a few months old. They will not replace the phone and want me to turn over my phone for an "unspecified" amount of time to the service center. They won't give you a loaner phone. So, I asked about the service center turn around time for a camera replace and some people are reporting times of more than 3 months with no date of return given. So, I'm going to wait for the new Samsung S5 and buy it. With Samsung it seems much easier to fix when it has problems.

I guess it's a good business model consistent with Thailand. Sell something you know is bad for a high price, have zero customer service, don't replace the product, offer to repair item but make it take so long people get angry and move on. Thank you HTC for letting me down and looking like an <deleted> to all the people I told HTC was awesome.

I guess it's a good business model consistent with Thailand. Sell something you know is bad for a high price, have zero customer service, don't replace the product, offer to repair item but make it take so long people get angry and move on. Thank you HTC for letting me down and looking like an asshol_e to all the people I told HTC was awesome.

​Farang loss of face can sometimes be debilitating. And of course when it happens, it doesn't really help to throw in a little Thai bashing in the (vain) hope of shifting the blame onto the entire country of Thailand for the short-comings of a Taiwanese company and your need to impress others.

TwinsItWasMyEvilTwin.jpg

.... so you are suggesting that service standards in Thailand are generally up to snuff are you Suraditt?cheesy.gif

I love Thailand but have had many examples of rubbish service here when it comes to getting stuff fixed under so-called guarantee and the affliction seems to spread to Thai-based branches of otherwise reputable international companies. Latest was from an international pool company, whose literature proclaims a 3 year guarantee for the relevant product and the local sales brochure for a replacement (same model) claims 3 years too. Old product failed after 2.5 years - "oh no, guarantee only for one year in Thailand". Don't like Thailand bashing generally, but ask any Thai what they think about customer service standards in their country and wait for the belly laugh!

• Like 2

I don't have a problem with face loss like the pussies here do. I made a decision to buy a product that I have used for years in the states without any problems. If there was ever any concern about the product they would immediately fix it, if it was an extended time a temp phone was given, if that wasn't possible, a new phone was issued without hesitation. So, yes I was optimistic that there was some form of good customer service in Thailand other than the local steam and cream. I was wrong and I'm sorry that I had such high expectations and promoted their item. The only loss of face I will ever have is the look that people give you when you say you live in Thailand. 99% of the people will only associate Thailand with bar girls and rip offs. I didn't give them that reputation, they did.

I guess it's a good business model consistent with Thailand. Sell something you know is bad for a high price, have zero customer service, don't replace the product, offer to repair item but make it take so long people get angry and move on. Thank you HTC for letting me down and looking like an asshol_e to all the people I told HTC was awesome.

​Farang loss of face can sometimes be debilitating. And of course when it happens, it doesn't really help to throw in a little Thai bashing in the (vain) hope of shifting the blame onto the entire country of Thailand for the short-comings of a Taiwanese company and your need to impress others.

Actually his experience with HTC in Thailand is not unique to just HTC. It isn't even Thai bashing. If you come from a country that (generally) values customer service then come here - you are in for a shock. Like it or not - decent customer service is not generally practiced (nor encouraged) here.

Edited: to remove that graphic in the quote...

Edited by wxpwzrd

Yesterday i was sent some MMS pictures to my phone. They just said " Downloading " but never did. I called AIS up and the girl there spoke very good English and explained the problem. I was sent an SMS immediately after the call with very easy to follow instructions to enable downloading future pictures. An hour later the same girl called me to see if I had been successful ? 10 out of 10

Another time I had a in car system installed with GPS etc that you could also access the internet with. I sent an email to their office in BKK asking if they knew where I could buy the dongle required to do this. Within 40 minutes they called my mobile with the shop address on Samui, its GPS coordinates and the name of the person who managed the shop and his mobile number. Again 10 out of 10

Whenever I read of bad customer service here I always remember just how bad it was back in the UK.

I can honestly say that I have had far better customer service from AIS than I ever got from any of the mobile companies back home.

Thailand isn't perfect by a long shot but I still know where I would rather live thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Yesterday i was sent some MMS pictures to my phone. They just said " Downloading " but never did. I called AIS up and the girl there spoke very good English and explained the problem. I was sent an SMS immediately after the call with very easy to follow instructions to enable downloading future pictures. An hour later the same girl called me to see if I had been successful ? 10 out of 10

Another time I had a in car system installed with GPS etc that you could also access the internet with. I sent an email to their office in BKK asking if they knew where I could buy the dongle required to do this. Within 40 minutes they called my mobile with the shop address on Samui, its GPS coordinates and the name of the person who managed the shop and his mobile number. Again 10 out of 10

Whenever I read of bad customer service here I always remember just how bad it was back in the UK.

I can honestly say that I have had far better customer service from AIS than I ever got from any of the mobile companies back home.

Thailand isn't perfect by a long shot but I still know where I would rather live thumbsup.gif

I quite like AIS. The girls there speak very good English and have solved the few questions I had when I first starting using internet on a Thai phone. They are always very patient and recheck their work a couple of times to make sure it's working properly. I see all the people dumping AIS because of the previous Shinawatra connections, but I'm keeping it because they have great service.