PDRC wants PM, Chalerm to take blame for deadly clash

webfact

Anapat Deechuay,
Praphan Jindalertudomdee
The Nation

30227487-01_big.gif
People

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters gathered yesterday near the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) to demand that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and CMPO chief Chalerm Yoobamrung take responsibility for the deadly crackdown at Phan Fah Bridge on Tuesday.

The rally was staged close to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau (NSB) building, in the Royal Thai Police Sports Club compound. The NSB centre is being used by the CMPO.

The protest, led by Sakoltee Phattiyakul, Chumphon Junsai, Buddhipongse Punnakanta and Nataphol Teepsuwan, began at about 11.40am yesterday.

The protesters sat down about 50 metres away from the police line and 400 metres from the NSB building. Things were relatively peaceful with only a small war of words breaking out.

Chalerm was in the building but did not come out to meet the protesters.

At that time, caretaker Deputy PM Kittiratt Na-Ranong, who is also Finance Minister, was chairing a meeting with the CMPO on problems related to the rice-pledging scheme.

The protesters dispersed at 3.20pm, but before leaving, Chumphon handed a football to a senior police officer, saying the protesters would love to play a football game with police officers the next time they meet.

The protesters then returned to their respective rally sites, with most of them congregating at Pathumwan intersection, Asoke and Ratchaprasong sites.

The rally leaders said they would go back to demand that Yingluck and Chalerm come out and take responsibility for the Tuesday clash, which ended with five people killed and 69 injured.

Separately, another group of protesters led by Satit Wongnongtaey rallied in the morning at the SC Asset Building on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road for a third day as part of a move to target Shinawatra family businesses.

The group then joined the gathering near the NSB building.

In another development, Pheu Thai Party spokesman Anusorn Iamsa-ard slammed monk Phra Buddha Issara, who led a rally to the SC Park Hotel on Thursday.

The hotel manager ended up having to pay the monk Bt120,000 in compensation for the bookings the monk had made, which had to be cancelled for security reasons.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-22

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes of course ..... this Govt set the precedent by charging Abhisit and Suthep as being responsible for 2010. We also can't forget to hold the police accountable.

PTP and the red shirts opened pandora's box ... the shit they unleashed is now coming back on them. They can't escape the kharma they have created.

It will get very interesting if those law suits get filed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Source from the front page of B.P. Newspaper, This morning

Statement from OHCHR United Nations Human Rights Office Highly Which states:

"Although all the details are not clear, it appears that a well armed group associated with the anti-government protesters quickly escalated the violence with the use of live ammunition. It also appears that thew police responded,shooting live ammunition"

Out side observers again saw what is so open to the bias Thai media, that alway attempt to place blame on the government.

Cheers

Didn't the government say that the police were unarmed? Did they lie?

• Like 1

"Although all the details are not clear, it appears that a well armed group associated with the anti-government protesters quickly escalated the violence with the use of live ammunition. It also appears that thew police responded,shooting live ammunition"

Out side observers again saw what is so open to the bias Thai media, that alway attempt to place blame on the government.

Cheers

If you watch the CNN video available at (you tube, Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops, CNN news) clearly documents the police officers subjected to the grenade blast after the attack remained crouched behind their shields none (NONE) of them in the video fired a weapon, 6-8 officers with shot guns firing rubber bullets did lay a withering response to the protesters use of live ammo and lethal force..

Cheers.

I watched a video of unarmed soldiers in 2010. I'm glad there were no soldiers armed with live ammunition then. rolleyes.gif

The fact is, the police at Pan Fah Bridge were armed with live ammunition. 4 civilian deaths attest to that.

One video of them being unarmed doesn't prove that they weren't. There are even photos of snipers wandering around with police.

Edit: thanks for the search suggestion. I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbHM5XCIbBw

Edited by whybother

so its the governments fault when you started the escalation. i see how you think now. blame others for our escalation because we are only peaceful demonstrators that are taking away your rights. lets throw some tear gas and grenades at the police and shoot and they will go away. look at the photos and tell me what you see when the police initially formed their lines. shields and batons. after the grenades you will see shotguns that are using rubber bullets. tell me how shotgun shells and high powered shell casings were recovered behind the protestors. these were recovered by thai bystanders. thank-you innocent peaceful people for the deaths of many Thai citizens. I hold Suthep responsible for the actions of his minions, as i see his peaceful demonstrators sitting and praying. by the way CNN shows who threw the grenade and he was not dressed in black. his helper hiding behind the blue plastic sheet with the rifle i cannot see if he is in black. but he was with the protestors and not the police. so please tell why Yingluck and Chalerm are to blame.

• Like 1

so its the governments fault when you started the escalation. i see how you think now. blame others for our escalation because we are only peaceful demonstrators that are taking away your rights. lets throw some tear gas and grenades at the police and shoot and they will go away. look at the photos and tell me what you see when the police initially formed their lines. shields and batons. after the grenades you will see shotguns that are using rubber bullets. tell me how shotgun shells and high powered shell casings were recovered behind the protestors. these were recovered by thai bystanders. thank-you innocent peaceful people for the deaths of many Thai citizens. I hold Suthep responsible for the actions of his minions, as i see his peaceful demonstrators sitting and praying. by the way CNN shows who threw the grenade and he was not dressed in black. his helper hiding behind the blue plastic sheet with the rifle i cannot see if he is in black. but he was with the protestors and not the police. so please tell why Yingluck and Chalerm are to blame.

If you watch this video, you will see that the police retreated after the grenade blast. That's how the protesters found "shotgun shells and high powered shell casings".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SROfAW3CRQw

Edited by whybother

whybother

the police came to this site prepared to defend themselves. the sniper appears to be army not police, however he could be police and he is trained as a observer/spotter as well.the police that confronted the protestors initially were unarmed and supported by armed police for defense purposes. get real would you come unprepared?

• Like 2

Cheers

If you watch the CNN video available at (you tube, Camera catches attack on Bangkok cops, CNN news) clearly documents the police officers subjected to the grenade blast after the attack remained crouched behind their shields none (NONE) of them in the video fired a weapon, 6-8 officers with shot guns firing rubber bullets did lay a withering response to the protesters use of live ammo and lethal force..

Cheers.

I watched a video of unarmed soldiers in 2010. I'm glad there were no soldiers armed with live ammunition then. rolleyes.gif

The fact is, the police at Pan Fah Bridge were armed with live ammunition. 4 civilian deaths attest to that.

One video of them being unarmed doesn't prove that they weren't. There are even photos of snipers wandering around with police.

Edit: thanks for the search suggestion. I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbHM5XCIbBw

"I watched a video of unarmed soldiers in 2010." wow, good opening speech.

whybother

the police came to this site prepared to defend themselves. the sniper appears to be army not police, however he could be police and he is trained as a observer/spotter as well.the police that confronted the protestors initially were unarmed and supported by armed police for defense purposes. get real would you come unprepared?

Someone else has pointed out that the sniper may have been border police.

The police may have been armed with live ammunition to defend themselves, and it seems they killed 4 civilians "defending themselves".

The point is, the government have said that the police weren't armed with live ammunition.

• Like 1

whybother

Sniper not wear thai army camo, probably come police commando

Are these PDRC people just plain idiots or mad, dishonest, opportunistic propagandists ?

They need to get out of the country.... North Korea needs them.

North Korea needs them as much as Dubi needs Thaksin...

btw did you know that Thaksin was PM for only 119 days?

"Although all the details are not clear, it appears that a well armed group associated with the anti-government protesters quickly escalated the violence with the use of live ammunition. It also appears that the police responded,shooting live ammunition"

Cheers

Ahh they can't see past a pair of optical kiko.. Never mind sensible people KNOW what did and did not happen. Their is a big difference. And now .... I hear incoming...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yingluck turned this homicidal maniac loose on the public, her fault. Chalerm immediately began his crystal ball routine, "Ipredict explosions at the rallies nightly" and Zap!!!, just like that it happened. Then Chalerm predicted that violence would escalate, how does he do it? Amazing, either he can see the future...or he's just been telling us what he's going to do. I know which one i would bet on. If he would only grow a pair, and accept Sutheps challenge, the whole country could watch him get his worthless butt whipped.

• Like 1