Shipping Container

OK, here we go with another strange request :o

We need at least one, possibly 3 or 4 'end of life' 20 foot shipping containers to use as secure site storage, for 'attractive' portable items (tools, cement etc).

We had these in HongKong (several were converted to offices) brilliant idea, dry, secure and relatively cheap.

Anyone got a lead as to where we can obtain, how much they cost and how much to shift to our site in Pathum Thani.

Easy eh??

If possible, you might try making an inquiry at the construction site directly opposite of the BTS causeway entering into the Japanese Dept. store in MBK Center [from National Stadium BTS]. I was there this past week, admiring the work and they have at least 4 (or was it 6 or more?) 20 footers stacked and being used as two-storey construction site offices. They are amongst the best configured I have ever seen. Real ingenuity to the retrofitting, whom ever the architect was..

Edited by GoodHeart

It's a niche market in Thailand with very few players. If done right, there might be room for someone with a construction business, welding team, and of course enough space to deal with the conversion process (you only need one container to start with and I bet you could run a half decent leasing business with a stock of say 15-20+ containers... more if you can find other uses for them... best of all they are stackable) :D and of course most importantly that extra something of value added. Oh yeah, you're going to need to rent or buy a crane. Hehe, not exactly cheap either but again for someone who already has crane access, could be a biz opportunity, particularly if you team up with construction equipment rental companies (of which there are plenty about).

We had to rent one @ 8,000 Baht a month (bare bones, no furniture... could be done better with air con, furnished, LAN wired, etc.) for about 3 months before our actual bricks and mortar sales office was complete. Some construction sites need such offices for much longer.

Google for shipping container office. I kicked the idea around myself but decided my current businesses + rental and interest income was more amusing.

:o

Edited by Heng