Financing a Car Has to be in Thai house owners Tambien Baan

Colabamumbai

In regards to buying a car with monthly financing, the dealerships will not put the car in my name or in both my Thai G/f's name. Her name only with her tambien baan.

Since I will be paying the down payment and all the monthly payments, would a contract/letter from a lawyer stating that the car is mine and that I am making all the payments be of any benefit, or what would protect me?

I would not like to get the boot and her get the car.??

I have purchased a car before paid cash and had the car put in my name.

Any help appreciated.

Only the finance contract will be in your g/f name,ownership remains with the Company until fully paid for at which time the ownership book will be issued.

It will be up to the g/f to stipulate at the finalisation of the contract if it is to be transferred to your name.

Far better to look for a used vehicle you can afford to pay cash for and put it straight into your name.

• Like 2

Only the finance contract will be in your g/f name,ownership remains with the Company until fully paid for at which time the ownership book will be issued.

It will be up to the g/f to stipulate at the finalisation of the contract if it is to be transferred to your name.

Far better to look for a used vehicle you can afford to pay cash for and put it straight into your name.

Thank you you are correct I had overlooked the fact that the car remains the posession of the bank or finance co. Thanks. Good point, takes away any worries I may have had.

This probably means you don't have the required paperwork to finance and register in yiur name. Both are possible and not difficult.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What are you talking about "the required paperwork to finance"?

A foreigner just needs an official letter of residence, which can be arranged at immigration. That is a valid legal substitute for a tabien ban.

If your GF or the selling dealer says no to that, you should probably be very suspicious of their intentions.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Never heard of a Dealer saying that, its the G.F. who tells the Dummie that old rehearsed myth, to make sure when his Bags on the Step of the House he paid for the Car, or most likely Pickup remains. The Letter of Residence really pisses em off,hence they hate Newbies socializing with Old Hands. IMHO is spot on { for once}.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Sounds like you have a gf that's telling the car dealers to do her a favour.

Don't take the gf with you when you try to buy a car and the story will be different.

All you need is your work permit.

PS

Have you checked this gf is a real girl, just remembering your last gf turned out to be a bloke and you didn't notice.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

This probably means you don't have the required paperwork to finance and register in yiur name. Both are possible and not difficult.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What are you talking about "the required paperwork to finance"?

Required paperwork for finance and/or registration: yellow housebook or residence certificate or workpermit, together with passport and copies. Plus for finance of course proof of income plus possibly guarantor.

A foreigner can finance a car in his name .

That is news to me how would he do that???

I have had 2 cars financed in my name. I have no workpermit, no income, not married only retirement visa. By the way, on the first finance I had only a Multiple entry Non-B.

In both cases I was asked for a Thai guarantor, which was each time a random person with no income, money or assets.

One finance was with Toyota leasing, the other one with Nissan leasing and approval took about 1 day.

In both cases I paid 25 or 30% down.

• Like 1

A foreigner can finance a car in his name .

That is news to me how would he do that???

I have had 2 cars financed in my name. I have no workpermit, no income, not married only retirement visa. By the way, on the first finance I had only a Multiple entry Non-B.

In both cases I was asked for a Thai guarantor, which was each time a random person with no income, money or assets.

One finance was with Toyota leasing, the other one with Nissan leasing and approval took about 1 day.

In both cases I paid 25 or 30% down.

Never needed to buy a car on finance but according to friends and colleuges they have always needed to show their work permit to get financing.

The girlfriend is not telling anyone anything so I do not need your negative comments.

It appears that all I need is a Thai guarantor.

It is the car dealers that usually do not know didly.

Thanks for the positive information.

Question answered so you are happy now. OP closed.

The girlfriend is not telling anyone anything so I do not need your negative comments.

It appears that all I need is a Thai guarantor.

It is the car dealers that usually do not know didly.

Thanks for the positive information.

Question answered so you are happy now. OP closed.

closed is it?

you got the moderator job then did you?

congratulations.

dont let the power corrupt you.