IWCF well intervention course

JaiLai

I sat my IWCF well control cert with these guys in Bkk last year and I found them excellent, far better than I expected and better than most of their competitors in Europe, they did actually try to teach you something about well control as opposed to just teaching you how to pass the exam.

However it was also probably the most intense course I have been on ( and that was my 9th well control exam ) the class was very big, about 20 people and the hours way longer than any other school I've been to, we never got out before 17.30 hrs and one evening I was in past 19.00, long days, but still the only 2nd WC school I actually enjoyed, the other being Malaga in Spain......

For a 1st timer, I'm not so sure, their teaching method is fast and furious so unless you have a background like drilling engineering or similar you may struggle to keep up........I don't think I would recommend my 1st timer guys to go there, but I will certainly be going back myself.

Good luck anyway.

Forgot to say I am sure they were teaching well intervention in the class at the same time, along with the IADC WC course.

Edited by diggerdo

I sat my IWCF well control cert with these guys in Bkk last year and I found them excellent, far better than I expected and better than most of their competitors in Europe, they did actually try to teach you something about well control as opposed to just teaching you how to pass the exam.

However it was also probably the most intense course I have been on ( and that was my 9th well control exam ) the class was very big, about 20 people and the hours way longer than any other school I've been to, we never got out before 17.30 hrs and one evening I was in past 19.00, long days, but still the only 2nd WC school I actually enjoyed, the other being Malaga in Spain......

For a 1st timer, I'm not so sure, their teaching method is fast and furious so unless you have a background like drilling engineering or similar you may struggle to keep up........I don't think I would recommend my 1st timer guys to go there, but I will certainly be going back myself.

Good luck anyway.

Forgot to say I am sure they were teaching well intervention in the class at the same time, along with the IADC WC course.

Thanks for the feedback.

My background is not drilling but i have significant experience offshore in the oilfield with various service companies. People i have spoken to / work with mirror your opinion on the difficulty of the course but to progress it's something i need to do.

Thanks again for the info, i'm looking to do the course in a couple months on the companies dollar so we'll see how it pans out!