Thai government supporters vow to 'deal with' Bangkok protesters

Lite Beer

http://pantip.com/topic/30746057

As the cartoons in the link shows, the red shirts are teaching their young that the opposition are dogs that must be slain. Why teach that if you do not plan to eventually go ahead with the slaying.

This is not the first time in history this has happened, Pol Pot, Hitler and many others have used the exact same approach before.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think anyone is gloating or condoning the killings of ANYONE never mind children, here on TVF, however it's pretty obvious that if the protests stopped, the high likelyhood of these wanton murders will also stop.

The Red's will be reds and the yellows will be yellows, and opinions as to whose right and whose wrong are like night and day, and never going to change.

Regardless of who's behind the killings, as long as Suthep and Co are still on the streets, they will be seen as legitimate targets, by those opposed to his methods. I've seen this all through my time in Iraq, for as long as one side hates and apportions blame on the other, there's never going to be any common ground.

• Like 2

Haizzzzz... Look at us commenters. We even have differences in our opinions. The Thai citizens are the same way. They must learn to accept and respect each others. If they think that Thaksin popularity went down, it maybe the time to request for the new election and ends all these problems. Losers can just cry at home and accept the outcome of the election.

To John.

You are still looking for the sympathy vote, and it's not working.

"it is OK to kill children for political reasons, as that is the only way I can understand "stop with the sympathy vote crap"

as I said: "You should already know the answers to that!!!!"

But keep trying John

The red shirt cause is much deeper than Thaksin and has a history that is hundreds of years older than the city of Bangkok. Its about a nation called Lanna that was suppressed by Bangkok at some point in time. They have their own language and their own culture and they are seriously thinking that if all else fails they may simply move the capitol to Chiangmai.

The government should step down immediately.

We have seen how there supporters support them in Trat last night. If it is to be a civil war it will be the actions of the government supporters.

No, Mr Suthep should step down the government was voted into power by the people!!!!

Or don't you think another election would rid the country of them. then why should they step down?

Yes the Government was voted into power buy the minority. That is not Democracy. The country is divided and the last thing it needs is some mindless fool running around saying an election will fix it.

Sorry, you are backing the wrong horse.

Sorry but you are!! Remember the tractors? they left leaving you and your leader Suthep in S.... Street.

Stick around The farmers are planning a demonstration Tuesday.

"Look at the type of speeches his supporters make."

Look at the Idiot Suthep and his farang followers

You really should look at them and then look at what the government is doing.

It would be a real eye opener for you.

Do it in the privacy of your own home away from the red shirt bars.

The red shirt cause is much deeper than Thaksin and has a history that is hundreds of years older than the city of Bangkok. Its about a nation called Lanna that was suppressed by Bangkok at some point in time. They have their own language and their own culture and they are seriously thinking that if all else fails they may simply move the capitol to Chiangmai.

You should perhaps read up a little on Thai history.

The Lanna kingdom was centred around Chiang Sean and what today are Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai and ruled by the Burmese for as long as it has been a part of Thailand. Isaan, the heart of red-shirt support, has nothing at all to do with the Lanna kingdom, but comes from the Lao Lan Xang kingdom supplemented by the Khmer in the south.

To be honest, the Lanna look down on the Isaan Lao and Khmer perhaps even more than the Central and Southern Thai, being extremely conscious of their tenuous Chinese roots and their generally lighter skin.

• Like 1

Suthep is to blame for everything. Put Suthep back in his box or a hole in the ground and the travesties, treason, insurrection would never have happened. Thugs come out from under their rotting logs for this and go quiet without leadership. Backroom coup plotters can only plot.

Should of been taken down long ago. Maybe now, ironically, the reds may bring the streets fo Bangkok back to order. Bring it on!

As I recall it was the PTP who pushed through this amnesty proposal at 4 AM while the country slept. That's what got this going. Not sure why people are having a hard time grasping that. If you're looking to place blame, look at the man in Dubai. Remember Yingluck and PTP have been in power since July 2011. 2.5 years. If this was simply a matter of undemocratically trying to remove her, then why didn't this PDRC shutdown happen, in 2011 or 2012 or earlier in 2013? The stupid move to try and absolve the criminal in Dubai of his crimes was the match that lit this fire.

The failure of the rice bribe didn't help matters either.

This whole debacle is descending into a (potentially lethal) farce.

It's hard to keep abreast of all the different factions - PTP, PDRC, UDD, PAD....

It rather puts me in mind of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

It's about time the protagonists stopped with the posturing and started talking about how to resolve the situation in a democratic way. And if that results in PTP being voted in again, so be it. The 'Democrats' will just have to sit down and formulate policies that will win them the popular vote next time around.

Ready or not, here comes the Civil War.

If it comes to that I expect a short one, between those willing going to war for the love of Thaksin and those that do it for the love of their country it will be a very mismatched attendance.

ํYep. Yellows lose,

This would be one time their own corruption will bite the rich elite establishment on the butt, forever they have been buying their sons out of military service as a result the majority of Thai troops are from the populous North and farmers sons. They will not follow the orders to shoot their own,

Also there is a Thai General last name of Shinawatra not long ago said in the press (I do not mess with your family, do not mess with mine) .

Just a word to the wise!

Cheers

When was the last time a rich man participated in a civil war in person?

The rich, and their money, usually leave a country before the war starts, and leave the fighting to those who do not have the means to leave. And as evidenced over and over, there are no winners in a civil war, everything gets bombed back to the stoneage, and everyone who are still in the country loses more or less everything they have.

The good news is, religion is not part of a potential civil war in Thailand, so everyone has something to lose and will therefore compromise eventually, unlike religious wars where for example islamic fighters go all in as they believe they go to paradise when they die as martyrs, and therefore have no interest in compromise.

a friend of mine observed an alleged recruitment event in an open restaurant about 9 days ago. Even the stuff was very inconvenient with their presence.

One leader, rather fat, gold, well dressed and 5 youngsters worshiping him like an idol. They also discussed about farang. This was the point when my friend turned around and just looked at them. They fell silent.

Presumably, your friend is also a farang? And when he turned his "gaze" upon some Thais, they fell silent? I would suggest that you suggest to your friend to be very careful, especially over the next few days. Better still, leave Thailand for a while and take his family (if he has one) with him.

Never forget that many of these squirrely Maoist groups have been lying in wait for years, if not decades, to achieve their ambitions of social revolutionary transformation. They've turned Nepal into a nuthouse, they infest the jungles of the Philippines and India, and now they are resurfacing, here, in Thailand. The true heirs to Peru's Shining Path. Tida and her Maoist terror gang.

What are you on?

a friend of mine observed an alleged recruitment event in an open restaurant about 9 days ago. Even the stuff was very inconvenient with their presence.

One leader, rather fat, gold, well dressed and 5 youngsters worshiping him like an idol. They also discussed about farang. This was the point when my friend turned around and just looked at them. They fell silent.

Presumably, your friend is also a farang? And when he turned his "gaze" upon some Thais, they fell silent? I would suggest that you suggest to your friend to be very careful, especially over the next few days. Better still, leave Thailand for a while and take his family (if he has one) with him.

Why should he, thay are all ex special forces. This one imposes silence with a look only!

Why should he, thay are all ex special forces. This one imposes silence with a look only!

Maybe he is one of these guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbbtiCbPPts

The people are ready to rise up and fight this anti democratic fascist movement.

If there is further violence, Suthep and his thugs have no one to blame but themselves for trying to overthrow a democratically elected government.

There they go with the F word. Now remind me. Who has received threats to their wives when they protested about not being paid for their rice? Those making the threats are the fascists.

You might want to consider more the meaning of fascism before you go popping off.

"Fascism is the unchecked rule of a class of the privileged, or relatively rich, in power -- a full-scale assault on poor and working people. Parliamentary institutions are usually set aside, or so demeaned as to be meaningless. Elites issue direct orders, frequently through a populist leader. Wages, any social safety net, working hour laws, labor laws; all come under legal (and extra-legal) attack. The stick replaces the carrot."

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Fascism/What_Is_Fascism_Gibson.html

Anti-Thaksin Protesters Are Thailand’s Tea Partiers

Inconveniently, if Yingluck stepped down and called fresh elections tomorrow, she— and Pheu Thai—would win again. And again. That’s why Suthep has declared that it would not be enough for the prime minister to resign and call new elections. He wants all trace of the Shinawatra machine gone. He wants Yingluck to quit and be replaced temporarily by an unelected people’s council and an interim prime minister more acceptable to protesters. That would be followed by some kind of reform that would make it impossible for the Shinawatras to ever win again.

If this doesn’t sound like democracy, it isn’t. But apparently, that’s not the point.

“You have to throw away this definition of what democracy is supposed to be,” Voranai tells me. “This is not about democracy and rule of law, blah, blah, blah. This is a fight. This is a fight for who’s going to run this country. They (protesters) fear the monopolization of power by the Shinawatra family. This is a fight for the future.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/03/anti-thaksin-protesters-are-thailand-s-tea-partiers.html

Edited by Publicus

The people are ready to rise up and fight this anti democratic fascist movement.

If there is further violence, Suthep and his thugs have no one to blame but themselves for trying to overthrow a democratically elected government.

There they go with the F word. Now remind me. Who has received threats to their wives when they protested about not being paid for their rice? Those making the threats are the fascists.

You might want to consider more the meaning of fascism before you go popping off.

"Fascism is the unchecked rule of a class of the privileged, or relatively rich, in power -- a full-scale assault on poor and working people. Parliamentary institutions are usually set aside, or so demeaned as to be meaningless. Elites issue direct orders, frequently through a populist leader. Wages, any social safety net, working hour laws, labor laws; all come under legal (and extra-legal) attack. The stick replaces the carrot."

Inconveniently, if Yingluck stepped down and called fresh elections tomorrow, she— and Pheu Thai—would win again. And again. That’s why Suthep has declared that it would not be enough for the prime minister to resign and call new elections. He wants all trace of the Shinawatra machine gone. He wants Yingluck to quit and be replaced temporarily by an unelected people’s council and an interim prime minister more acceptable to protesters. That would be followed by some kind of reform that would make it impossible for the Shinawatras to ever win again.

If this doesn’t sound like democracy, it isn’t. But apparently, that’s not the point.

“You have to throw away this definition of what democracy is supposed to be,” Voranai tells me. “This is not about democracy and rule of law, blah, blah, blah. This is a fight. This is a fight for who’s going to run this country. They (protesters) fear the monopolization of power by the Shinawatra family. This is a fight for the future.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/03/anti-thaksin-protesters-are-thailand-s-tea-partiers.html

While I don't strictly disagree with your definition of fascism, it is very subjective.

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
  • n. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
  • from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
    • n. A political regime, having totalitarian aspirations, ideologically based on a relationship between business and the centralized government, business-and-government control of the market place, repression of criticism or opposition, a leader cult and exalting the state and/or religion above individual rights.
    • My favourite
    • from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
    • n. an authoritarian system of government under absolute control of a single dictator, allowing no political opposition, forcibly suppressing dissent, and rigidly controlling most industrial and economic activities. Such regimes usually try to achieve popularity by a strongly nationalistic appeal, often mixed with racism.
  • The article you quoted is just another poor example of the way Western media continually tries to shoe-horn everything to fit it's public's pre-conceptions.

In my humble opinion ;-)

IMO, caretaker PM YS should realized by now that her faith and trust in working with the military and the 'old elite' power to bring about reconciliation and unity to Thailand have been betrayed.

The reconciliation bill was smeared and murdered. Violence, and non peaceful activities by the dem's pdrc/pcad had consistently been ruled by cc judges that they were peaceful means and unarmed.

May be we are going to have no more negotiation but more 'peaceful protest' methods of the dem's pdrc/pcad.

Oh no, someone suggested 'peaceful protesters' should block the independence agencies and demand officials and judges to stop works and join their 'peaceful protest' - by whichever group does not matter.

You are so full of sh*it one day it´s going to hit you in the face.

While I don't strictly disagree with your definition of fascism, it is very subjective.

• n. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
    • n. A political regime, having totalitarian aspirations, ideologically based on a relationship between business and the centralized government, business-and-government control of the market place, repression of criticism or opposition, a leader cult and exalting the state and/or religion above individual rights.
    • My favourite
    • n. an authoritarian system of government under absolute control of a single dictator, allowing no political opposition, forcibly suppressing dissent, and rigidly controlling most industrial and economic activities. Such regimes usually try to achieve popularity by a strongly nationalistic appeal, often mixed with racism.
  • The article you quoted is just another poor example of the way Western media continually tries to shoe-horn everything to fit it's public's pre-conceptions.

In my humble opinion ;-)

So which side are the real fascists?

• Like 1

Posted by JRSoul on 2014-02-02 04:52:06

What is damning about being ex-paramilitary? Does service to your country exclude you from all political involvement and thought for the rest of your life?

Posted by JRSoul on 2014-01-15 03:21:52

Hope springs eternal, and while you spout doom and gloom, others say "<deleted>, could it be worse than this?" You see, some men will stand up and fight, rather than continue taking it like a man, and watching their country being raped by criminals.

"Fascism seeks to build a mass movement of everyone considered part of the

national community, actively engaged but controlled from above, to seize

political power and remake the social order. This movement is driven by a

vision “of the national community rising phoenix-like after a period of

encroaching decadence which all but destroyed it.” Such rebirth involves

systematic, top-down transformation of all social spheres by an

authoritarian state, and suppression or purging of all forces, ideologies,

and social groups the fascists define as alien."

http://kasamaproject.org/history/2076-8fascism-as-movement-ideology

It's true that Tida and another speaker seemed to be quite uncomfortable with the cheering and jubilation that greeted the announcement of the attack in Trat. However, her remarks were met with polite applause, while the more pro-violent rhetoric was cheered with great enthusiasm.

I have the feeling that the more moderate Red leaders, like Tida, Weng and Veera, are going to have a hard time reining in the likes of Arisaman and other violent hardliners.

• Like 1

Wait a minute, I thought the thaksinistas around here were proclaiming the death of all Suthep support, that it was withering away! Protesters giving up & going home. Abandoning their cause. Just a few confused fascist wingnuts left.

But what's the Pheu Thai leadership saying now, "This fight will be harder than any other ... You must think how we can deal with Suthep and those supporting him,"? What's this I read about YS staying in a "safe house"?

Gee, apparently SOMEBODY (besides Suthep) is still taking the protesters seriously!

It's true that Tida and another speaker seemed to be quite uncomfortable with the cheering and jubilation that greeted the announcement of the attack in Trat. However, her remarks were met with polite applause, while the more pro-violent rhetoric was cheered with great enthusiasm.

I have the feeling that the more moderate Red leaders, like Tida, Weng and Veera, are going to have a hard time reining in the likes of Arisaman and other violent hardliners.

Tida and the rest of the moderate Reds have been trying to keep the organisation away from violence all through the recent problems. When there was gun-fire (nobody can say fro certain who fired first) at the stadium before Xmas, the Reds packed up and left to make sure there was no more violence

Everybody who has stood up to Sutheps protesters has been labelled as Red Shirts and every time anybody has stood up tp the protesters there has been violence.

• Like 1

Posted by JRSoul on 2014-02-02 04:52:06

What is damning about being ex-paramilitary? Does service to your country exclude you from all political involvement and thought for the rest of your life?

Posted by JRSoul on 2014-01-15 03:21:52

Hope springs eternal, and while you spout doom and gloom, others say "<deleted>, could it be worse than this?" You see, some men will stand up and fight, rather than continue taking it like a man, and watching their country being raped by criminals.

"Fascism seeks to build a mass movement of everyone considered part of the

national community, actively engaged but controlled from above, to seize

political power and remake the social order. This movement is driven by a

vision “of the national community rising phoenix-like after a period of

encroaching decadence which all but destroyed it.” Such rebirth involves

systematic, top-down transformation of all social spheres by an

authoritarian state, and suppression or purging of all forces, ideologies,

and social groups the fascists define as alien."

http://kasamaproject.org/history/2076-8fascism-as-movement-ideology

What does either post have to do with fascism?

Tida and the rest of the moderate Reds have been trying to keep the organisation away from violence all through the recent problems. When there was gun-fire (nobody can say fro certain who fired first) at the stadium before Xmas, the Reds packed up and left to make sure there was no more violence

Everybody who has stood up to Sutheps protesters has been labelled as Red Shirts and every time anybody has stood up tp the protesters there has been violence.

Is the throwing/launching of grenades and indiscriminate fire into a crowd an example of "anybody has stood up tp the protesters"?

If these attacks are not carried out by red shirts, should we assume it was Cambodian mercenaries?

• My favourite

In my humble opinion ;-)

All well and good in respect of the distant past, as in the first half of the 20th century and in some instances beyond. Political scientists and others with a degree in political science began redefining the continuing and evolving nature of fascism beyond that point however.

In the 1970s political scientists began to redefine fascism as it was morphing in the context of post-industrial society. The redefinition accelerated during the 1990s with a dual focus on both the Age of IT in the advanced economies and in societies with a rising urban middle class in the emerging economies, such as Thailand, where new mass movements against democracy and modern liberal systems have been occurring.

Rather than bogging anyone down in long statements from political scientists, however, some good concise and incisive quotes are more in order.

So your definitions, drawn principally from dictionaries, are a self-embarrassment of inadequacy when held up against those engaged in political science, political socioeconomics and developing cultural trends. You will find some words from your sophomoric dictionary definitions missing in the following statement describing 21st century emerging market nation anti-democracy fascism.

"Fascism is a form of extreme right-wing ideology that celebrates the nation

or the race as an organic community transcending all other loyalties. It

emphasizes a myth of national or racial rebirth after a period of decline

or destruction. To this end, fascism calls for a "spiritual revolution"

against signs of moral decay such as individualism and materialism, and

seeks to purge "alien" forces and groups that threaten the organic

community."

http://www.publiceye.org/eyes/whatfasc.html

And to note the nexus between fascism in the emerging economies of the world here is a statement concerning modern feudalism in same.

"Whether the power and wealth agent that takes the place of government is a local baron, lord, or corporation, if it has greater power in the lives of individuals than does a representative government, the culture has dissolved into feudalism. The feudal system means the rigorous economic subjection of a host of humble folk to a few powerful men. This doesn't mean the end of government, but, instead the subordination of government to the interest of the feudal lords."
Edited by Publicus

So the rest of the redshirts who are NOT affiliated with the rice scheme are showing their true colors.

Get ready for battle field Bangkok,

.... as long as there are STILL is a quite a high number of TRUE redshirt Thaksin fanatics, Thaksin and ThaksinDEMO-ocracy will NEVER die....

Keep in mind, the likes of Jatuporn and Arisaman are spineless cowards when the shit hits the fan.

If the violence gets out of control, Jatuporn and Arisaman will be hiding over the border and then the more sensible leaders might have a chance to exercise some control over the mob.

IMHO, if you want to see how this plays out, in the long term, look no further than the south of Thailand.

IEDs and drive-by shootings for years with out a visible end.