Good Night Bangkok (A Time Lapse film of BKK)

Ronny777

Nice. I love looking at the films on https://timelapse.org/section/ and this http://timescapes.org

A few questions.

What sort of exposures did you use? Anti-flicker software? How did you add the movement at the beginning?

The only negative things I would add is -

1 - a bit long. I find 1min 30 is about the limit of my attention span for "pure" time lapses.

2 - some of the views are a bit "uninspiring". Get a bit higher up or lower down?

3- I think the final bit from the ferris wheel onwards worked better.

4 - It is supposed to be "Bangkok" maybe you could have found some better places? A traffic jam, or night-time bridge could be anywhere in the world. IMHO the shots didn't "place" the film as Bangkok.

Just my thoughts. Good effort though! thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice if it could end with wat arun at dawn.

Good film.

Yup. Wish Granted smile.png

It is really really nice. By dawn I meant as the sun rose. It is called the Temple of the Dawn. Sunrise. Sadly I have never seen it at that time though people have told me it is beautiful then with the rising sun reflecting off the tiles.

Together with the very good choice of this kind of "powerful" music, the whole clip feels like a kind of statement to me. Even though the music is `borrowed`, it is your timing and editing which makes it all fit and complete in a very nice way.

Looking at it again and trying to fit in the title "The beauty of faith", it leaves enough space to the imagination as to what one could mean by that, well at least in my imagination. To me it seems like the title is applicable to a few themes and/or a combination thereof.

High speed and a moving camera / lens brought you a few imperfections, hereby absolutely forgiven!

Well done !!! wai.gif

Edited by Carib

Both are good films very well matched with the music. The only problems is one I am not sure to handle with this type of film. Flashing lights within certain ranges can trigger epilictic fits in some people. You may have noticed that for example in the UK the BBC always prefaces any news film that contains flash photography in it that it does so. It may be worth considering a warning before films of this type. I do not mean you should not continue to make them. They are both excellent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosensitive_epilepsy may explain a bit better than I can here.