Girl, 5, killed in Trat rally attack

webfact

what a lovely country it is. Fighting for.........who? A government that doesnt give a damn. Neither red or Yellow.

Stupidity is the second nature it looks like.

Like sheep following whatever there is to follow.

Thailand and it's people are heading for a point of no return. descency and morals fading . no patriots here.....just securing they're own. nothing more.

The police have been told by the court they are not allowed to use force.. This is what happens and will get worse. RIP little one.

It's got nothing to do with that.

Thanks for clearing that up then.

Exactly. Sounds like you have some information, and are not providing.

The attacks were happening before the court ruling on the state of emergency. They will keep happening even if the police get their extra powers back. If the police do decide to use force they could easily rack up casualties and the government can't afford a repeat of 2010.

The police have been told by the court they are not allowed to use force.. This is what happens and will get worse. RIP little one.

It won't suit your one eyed argument, but there isn't a state of emergency in Trat.

You also don't need force to man some roadblocks

There's a state of emergency in BKK. It's useless. It's true you don't need force to man roadblocks but here's the point (my point anyway) what do the people manning the roadblock do when confronted by nut jobs weilding firearms and grenade launchers? Usually the thing to do is stop them before they can damage anybody but when the court has ruled no use of force or violence how do you do it? I have a particular loathing for terrorists or "freedom fighters" and in my opinion nothing but extreme force should be employed when confronted by them. This court ruling is hindering rather than helping anybody. It's the police's job to protect the public, why make it even more difficult for them with rulings like this? I'm sorry if you think it's a one-eyed argument but maybe some people might still be alive today if not for this ruling which appears to shackle law enforcment and grant street violence credibility. I'm much rather have a few protesters pissed off than dead people - especially children who have nothing to do with this appaling nonsense. If you're telling me the police in Trat are allowed to use force to stop these armed attackers then shame on them for not doing so.

The court ruling has nothing to do with this incident.

The court ruled the protesters could not be dispersed by force.

That doesn't mean the police are barred from using force to uphold the laws throughout the rest of Thailand, for example when people are shooting and blowing up innocent civilians as we see in this case.

If you seriously think that the police are now barred from using force. I suggest you find a local group of policemen, spit in their face, call their mothers dirty whores, kick them in the nuts and challenge them to a fight.

You may find your assumption about lack of force to way off the mark

Jon it may be my assumption is way off the mark. But you said it for me really, "for example when people are shooting and blowing up innocents" etc... Have the police actuallt done anything? Did they actually DO anything when it was occuring?