New Kasem Open

jonwilly

I went past the new Kasem shop on the road that goes from Suthep to Wing 41, on left hand side.

The shop was open at 08.15.

Much same as original shop off Chang Moi, very bad for parking of cars and poor for M/cycles.

Wish them luck for they have always given good service.

john

Edited by jonwilly

Kiniyeow, I agree. I'd like more specific directions to the new location. I took a map from the old store but now can't find it. Am wondering if the new store is before Canal Road, on the side of the moat area than the mountains.

if you go past the old store to the traffic lights at top of nimman to suthep road,turn right and at next traffic lights turn left and its on the left the store,about half way down.

The original location is Chinatown. Heading on the one way, Chang Moi Rd., away from the moat, left at the Chinese arch about 50 yds. on the left. Sorry don't know how to post maps.

For those of you who don't have a GPS myself included thank you. All to often we here about them being wrong or useless.

For those of you who like me need directions Chang Moi Rd.is the one with a Mikes burger joint on the corner by the Eastern moat.

Given my name, I enjoy reading the various attempts on TV Chiang Mai to give directions. Some posters are really very good at it. Others? Well........ Anyway, all mean well!

GPS giving coordinates (not all people know how to read them) is the new gizmo, not that it is completely accurate --- it isn't always so --- but it generally gets you in the neighborhood within about 25 - 50 meters. In a city, that can mean a lot, but just to clarify what general areas you are in is useful. Thai interpretations of "near" and "far" are wonderfully variable requiring a smile and a great deal of liberal interpretation. Actually, that is not just a Thai trait!

In the end, it would seem that the prize for best directions would go to Brits who attended schools more focused on that sort of thing.

Otherwise, PLEASE do not drive and read directions at the same time !!!

The original location is Chinatown. Heading on the one way, Chang Moi Rd., away from the moat, left at the Chinese arch about 50 yds. on the left. Sorry don't know how to post maps.

For those of you who don't have a GPS myself included thank you. All to often we here about them being wrong or useless.

For those of you who like me need directions Chang Moi Rd.is the one with a Mikes burger joint on the corner by the Eastern moat.

You don't need a gps. Simply copy & paste the coordinates into google search or google maps. You will then see the location on a map on your screen.

You don't need a gps. Simply copy & paste the coordinates into google search or google maps. You will then see the location on a map on your screen.

The problem I have with maps on my screen is most of them are in Thai and my knowledge of the city is not that good. Generally if they show me the old city I can trace them out or some other land mark. With out that I don't know where to start.

For all I know they can be on the east side of the river or the west side of the river. That is why I like to see clues as to the locations. Also I have a hard time at times finding road signs. That is why I had mentioned Mikes.

As far as the new Kasem is concerned I wish I had known that I was out at Wat Umong and pretty well went right by it. If I had known in the morning I would have stopped in as I do find Kasam a great store in China Town.