Foreign Tourist Police and Mikes Jetski scam

phycokiller

Bit of a silly question i know but i thought 2 or 3 years ago Pattaya's Mayor set up some sort of investigation and was going to get this scam stopped...what happened?

The answer to your question is within your question.

You have the who, what, where, when, and why, already wrapped up.

The jetski scam on Phuket, for all the promises to tackle it is still going. The scam in Pattaya will continue for a while yet. In the early days of the volunteer police they were involved in the entrapment of foreigners (yabaa in cigarette packets) - a leopard never changes its spots. No time for them at all. As a matter of interest, anyone know what happened to Howard?

i have not noticed the guy described in action near Mike Shopping but i will keep an eye out now.

in the 136 or so ski events i have taken pics of dating back to april 2010 the only one i have seen a falang volunteer cop turn up to (not in uniform, but with Badge round his neck was the first one) so i figure they were informed to stay out of it.

the bit of beach near Mike Shopping has little cover and a lot of ski guys on the look out so taking pics is never easy esp if you have been hanging around. newbie photo guys be careful, i've been on this a long time and have a powerful zoom so have stayed safe. sometimes i have not taken pics as i have decided it was just too risky.

as far as helping with the scam there is an old sikh tailor guy who still shows up from time to time and there used to be a big russian/eastern european guy who favoured black shirt (with some badges) and black trousers but not seen him for a long time and mostly near royal garden plaza.

take great care if taking any pics it's their ricebowl !!

as for howard most nights he can be found in front of the gogo he has a share in, oscars in soi lk metro

Edited by striderman

Thailand is likened to a train crash about to happen throughout the western world (and probably the rest) it is recognised as a lawless quagmire,but it will implode under its own inertia

Hard to imagine Malaysia and Thailand was once a united country called Siam, so far apart,little co-operation,and so so different

• Like 1

Only stupid naive tourists hire Jet Skis in Thailand.And the Jetski "business" is still making money? Enough said

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kingalfred

Malaysia and Thailand was once a united country called Siam

Bless my cotton newbie socks, you learn something new everyday.

"contextual information" for sure,why exclude the start and finish?

Hope those cotton socks are given a good washing,can stink in this heat.Can feel a mature student sort of thing developing

Malaysia and Thailand was once a united country called Siam

Bless my cotton newbie socks, you learn something new everyday.

"contextual information" for sure,why exclude the start and finish?

Calm yourself, really didnt know that. Some dunce younger folk browse T.V. too ya know ;-)