Private sector calls on Yingluck to step down

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a good story except for not liking the minimum wage..all business bosses hate workers having a living wage...they moaned in the uk but it had no impact ...sorry that was off topic..its a concern if big business is not happy,

I agree with you, it is about the only good thing this government has done, I can also understand the VP of Thai Industries saying his member do not like it, they have to compete in markets where there is no minimum wage.

• Like 1

Yawn! Another branch of the ruling elite are wheeled out to fan the dying embers of mr. Sutheps insurrection. Only the courts can save him now.

How has the state of emergency harmed the economy? It is the daily protests that have harmed the economy.

Effectively this group supports Suthep because he says he'll reduce the minimum wage. I don't know how people manage on 300 ฿ a day, let alone any less. The minimum wage is a populist policy according to the ruling elite. It's a populist policy that allows millions of Thais to live with some dignity. Not much, but some, and now the RE would like to take it away. No wonder PT keep winning elections!

When did Suthep say that he'll reduce the minimum wage?

• Like 2

Yawn! Another branch of the ruling elite are wheeled out to fan the dying embers of mr. Sutheps insurrection. Only the courts can save him now.

How has the state of emergency harmed the economy? It is the daily protests that have harmed the economy.

Effectively this group supports Suthep because he says he'll reduce the minimum wage. I don't know how people manage on 300 ฿ a day, let alone any less. The minimum wage is a populist policy according to the ruling elite. It's a populist policy that allows millions of Thais to live with some dignity. Not much, but some, and now the RE would like to take it away. No wonder PT keep winning elections!

Disagree. The poor are worse off. A sustainable rise in the minimum wage would have been good. But the 33% rise! or is it 50% rise? is absolutely barking mad.

• Like 2

a good story except for not liking the minimum wage..all business bosses hate workers having a living wage...they moaned in the uk but it had no impact ...sorry that was off topic..its a concern if big business is not happy,

Impossible to agree with you. Have you ever heard of a 33% hike in the minimum wage anywhere else in the world? No! Absolutely unsustainable! Business folk and economists understand this only too well.

All I remember is that when we got an above inflation rise. There were always consequences. ie job cuts.

Anyone recall which day she promised to pay the farmers off? IIRC, she promised this week and they turned their tractors around. Why if there is no money to pay? What's the "cut off" date?

Last week when the faux convoy of 'farmers' came down and suddenly did an about turn, Yingluck said they would be paid next week.

We are now on day 1 of 'next week'. this being Monday February 24th, thus the "government" have another 5 days to try and scratch up the required funds.

Anyone recall which day she promised to pay the farmers off? IIRC, she promised this week and they turned their tractors around. Why if there is no money to pay? What's the "cut off" date?

Last week when the faux convoy of 'farmers' came down and suddenly did an about turn, Yingluck said they would be paid next week.

We are now on day 1 of 'next week'. this being Monday February 24th, thus the "government" have another 5 days to try and scratch up the required funds.

That would be a different convoy from the Thong Lor farmers coming on the BTS . Maybe having some rhapis palms on the balcony qualifies one to be a "farmer"

Impossible to agree with you. Have you ever heard of a 33% hike in the minimum wage anywhere else in the world? No! Absolutely unsustainable! Business folk and economists understand this only too well.

admittidly i didnt know it was 33%.but im still in favour of minimum wages for everyone.why should the rich have it all..wai2.gif

Imagine you own a bar/restaurant with 5 employees who used to get 200 a day and now you have to pay 300 a day. That is 500 a day on your daily wage bill, or, 15,000 per month. You would need to sell a lot of beer, pies and Sunday roasts to recoup that. That's assuming you were breaking even in the first place.

So the worst case scenario is you go out of business and x5 Thais are unemployed.

Best case scenario is you convince them to stick with the 200 rate

Edited by iancnx

Actually I would think food price inflation has left quite a hole in any extra the got.