Yingluck stresses she will stay to the last minute

webfact

Whoopee do! A landslide minority.

The first female PM to be elected PM of Thailand with a landslide minority.

Get the facts right.

Can't see what facts he got wrong there? It was a plurality btw.

265 seats compared to 159 over their only plausible rivals...hmmm.

Fun fact: most people besides 'democrat' party supporters or anti-Thakins called it a landslide.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2011/07/20117403417753927.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/world/asia/04thailand.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://news.yahoo.com/thaksin-party-wins-landslide-thai-election-victory-193908245.html

http://metro.co.uk/2011/07/03/thai-general-election-results-in-landslide-victory-for-shinawatra-party-63752/

http://thediplomat.com/2011/07/a-new-era-for-thailand/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14009184

http://www.aseanipa.org/index.php/members/thailand1/561-general-introduction?limitstart=0/

The attitude of "The whole world is wrong except for me" springs to mind.

Care to tell us how they reported that 52% of the voters didn't want her.

If you are going to post nonsense know what you are talking about.

What?

You do understand the simplicity of the fact that a vote not for PTP does not equal a vote against them, don't you? People vote for, not against.

Care to show me any article that reported that 52% of the voters decided that they particularly didn't want her, rather than how they just voted for different parties? I mean I know you wouldn't be foolishly suggesting that every other party in Thailand is anti-Yingluck/PTP. I'll even take the nation as a source btw.

I'll leave your second sentence for yourself to have a think about.

If they wanted PTP they would have voted for them.

Simple

Care to show me where 48% wanted Yingluck? A vote for PTP was a vote for Thaksin in the mind of many of you poor red shirts.

Care to show me where 48% is a vote for not against.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifclap2.gif

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go on Yingluck, don't give into this elitist scum.

Fight the good fight!

Would that be the elitist scum looting the rice money subsidies?

No, probably just the unelected elite Amply Rich golf caddy advisor wink.png

Simple

Care to show me where 48% wanted Yingluck? A vote for PTP was a vote for Thaksin in the mind of many of you poor red shirts.

Care to show me where 48% is a vote for not against.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifclap2.gif

Care to show me why the country needs to bow to the will of Suthep and Abhisit, who got 35% in the last election?

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised how the majority here, without a shred of evidence, bluntly accepts that the government is a proxy – this coming from a hate-mongering politician and his Dem Party friend, both obviously determined on obstructing democracy – and just as eagerly ridicules anyone not buying it.

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised how the majority here, without a shred of evidence, bluntly accepts that the government is a proxy – this coming from a hate-mongering politician and his Dem Party friend, both obviously determined on obstructing democracy – and just as eagerly ridicules anyone not buying it.

You would need proof that the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

Why do you think that half the cabinet flies out to Dubai ? to say hello to dear leader? or receive instructions.

I'm kind of surprised how the majority here, without a shred of evidence, bluntly accepts that the government is a proxy this coming from a hate-mongering politician and his Dem Party friend, both obviously determined on obstructing democracy and just as eagerly ridicules anyone not buying it.

You are having a laugh aren't you?

• Like 1

Simple

Care to show me why the country needs to bow to the will of Suthep and Abhisit, who got 35% in the last election?

Not bowing to their will, just clear out the manure in Parliament both sides of the house and have a vote clear and fair,no gifts that bankrupt the country,snouts away from the trough, no remote government from Dubai,just the elected government.

Simple

Not bowing to their will, just clear out the manure in Parliament both sides of the house and have a vote clear and fair,no gifts that bankrupt the country,snouts away from the trough, no remote government from Dubai,just the elected government.

So, what makes you think that the last elections in 2011 were not clean and fair? Various international observers called it fair.

And why do we need an unelected "people's council", chosen by Suthep, to lead Thailand to Democracy?

It just seems like taking a step back to then take a step forward just to arrive at the same place again.

• Like 1

Simple

She is doing the right thing.

The elite are trying to make her step down - as this serves their ends and needs.

If they have to resort to a judicial ruling or a military coup then there will be uproar and potential civil war.

Which is why they continue to lay more and more threats on Yingluck, trying to pressure her into giving up. But she knows that will let them win.

So rightly she says she will stay until the judicial/military coup happens - which she knows they do not want to do as they know the potential consequences.

This is why at the moment there is stalemate.

All in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

You would need proof that the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

Why do you think that half the cabinet flies out to Dubai ? to say hello to dear leader? or receive instructions.

Any proof of that? Feel free to include links. Or is it information from the Dems and their hate-mongering friend sleeping and eating at the Dusit Thani?

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised how the majority here, without a shred of evidence, bluntly accepts that the government is a proxy this coming from a hate-mongering politician and his Dem Party friend, both obviously determined on obstructing democracy and just as eagerly ridicules anyone not buying it.

Am I? If my post is funny to you, or in your mind ignorant, I challenge you to provide proof as to why. Please do, and I'll laugh with you. If you can't, that says more about your troll response than it does about my post.

Edit; the burden of evidence for such a "proven fact" should be on the accusers. It's not the other way around. If you've got anything but circumstancial "facts/events", any solid proof whatsoever, I'll be happy to back off and admit I was wrong. Until then I'll consider it an opinion colored by months of propaganda, and an unsubstantiated forum myth.

Until proven otherwise, that's exactly what it is.

Edited by Sirbergan

Am I? If my post is funny to you, or in your mind ignorant, I challenge you to provide proof as to why. Please do, and I'll laugh with you. If you can't, that says more about your troll response than it does about my post.

Edit; the burden of evidence for such a "proven fact" should be on the accusers. It's not the other way around. If you've got anything but circumstancial "facts/events", any solid proof whatsoever, I'll be happy to back off and admit I was wrong. Until then I'll consider it an opinion colored by months of propaganda, and an unsubstantiated forum myth.

Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts ThaksinThinksPeauThaiDoes.jpg

• Like 1

"I am Yinglucks Caddy".

Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts ThaksinThinksPeauThaiDoes.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that's the exact kind of response I was expecting. I'm eagerly awaiting an equally eloquent and intelligent response from mrtoad.

"I am Yinglucks Caddy".

All Good Things Come to He Who Waits

• Like 1

Lol, OK. Taksin and family. Now all is clear and happiness returns.

Please note who Luang Paw Buddha Issara must contact to initiate "peace" discussions. Taksin's brother-in-law.

That kills two birds with one fact.

1) Taksin is a major controlling factor in the current government.

2) Yingluck is a nepotistic puppet.

Edited by rabas

How about a referendum SUTHEP v YINGLUCK so that we can see just who the majority want.

Convicted criminals awaiting execution of sentence and permanently residing outside the country aren't eligible to preside, are they? Does it matter if the "majority" wants them or not? Does it matter if they're going to rule by proxy or not? Proxy rule is a fraud on the public, and I don't see that "the people" are bound by it when it occurs (as it has).

Most importantly, if this is just another go at a "majority" that's going to ignore the limits of power and ride roughshod over minority interests, "adjusting" the constitution at whim, then your "referendum" is just a recipe for more Thaksinesque gangster rule, leading to nothing but continued outrage, instability, and a divided Thailand. Whatever your political stripe or tint in your sunglasses, if anything at all is clear from the events of past months, it's that the Shinawatres must go - for good. The longer that departure takes, the more institutions unravel and the worse things are going to get.

• Like 1

Forgive her dear gods in heaven, she's just a mindless puppet, controlled by her brother in Dubai who's controlling the rest of Thailand's corruption procedures and other blind redshirt guard mercenary force followers.....wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

I wonder how she will determine exactly when the 'last minute' is? Anybody know?

Perhaps when the election is completed, the results are declared and show that she no longer commands a majority.

Mind you if she does command a majority that last minute may be four years away!

That's unlikely I'll grant, as if the election results are anywhere close to her winning they will never be declared.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app