Tax rebates on purchase of new cars

Figglymiggly

This subject has probably been flogged to death and i realize the scheme ended last year. I need to know if there is anyone else out there in the same situation as myself. In June 2012 i advanced almost 100K as a deposit on a new Almera car the g/f was buying. Apparently the documents were registered in July some time, or so im told and was assured a tax rebate of 69K would be paid to my g/f in Sept 2013. According to my g/f she hasn't received the rebate to date, almost 18mths after registration. She tells me she has been top the tax office and told that due to the ongoing problems of Government dissolution etc, there is no money there and she will have to wait. She tells me the guy in the tax office text her to update. Question, anyone else waiting as long as this for the rebate, is it normal for the tax office to text people and finally, should i be concerned the g/f got the rebate but pocketed the money. I'd hate to think so because she' very honest in most things financial. At this stage i really dont know what to think.

Thanks for any help on this.

There is a gov't website that your gf can go to to access all the details of her rebate - it basically will show at what stage in the process it is at. The details are in the paperwork she got when she made the application. Sorry, the missus is not around so can't give you more detail right now.

There is a gov't website that your gf can go to to access all the details of her rebate - it basically will show at what stage in the process it is at. The details are in the paperwork she got when she made the application. Sorry, the missus is not around so can't give you more detail right now.

Im grateful for the reply Upnotover and i would appreciate any further light the wife could throw on this. Really what im concerned about is the possibility that the g/f has received the rebate and said nothing, though i'd be gobsmacked if so, but stranger things have happened i guess! Have you heard of such a delay with anyone else?

Thanks again for taking the trouble

Im grateful for the reply Upnotover and i would appreciate any further light the wife could throw on this. Really what im concerned about is the possibility that the g/f has received the rebate and said nothing, though i'd be gobsmacked if so, but stranger things have happened i guess! Have you heard of such a delay with anyone else?

She's back! The website is here, https://firstcar.excise.go.th/

Your gf needs to enter various references and eventually will get to a page which shows which stages of the process have been passed and which are still to come. In my wife's case it took 13 months to get rejected, she'd had an old car registered in her name before!

She's back! The website is here, https://firstcar.excise.go.th/

Your gf needs to enter various references and eventually will get to a page which shows which stages of the process have been passed and which are still to come. In my wife's case it took 13 months to get rejected, she'd had an old car registered in her name before!

Much obliged, pity she didnt qualify....