Where water will go now? (jomptien area)

Idontpaytaxsowhat

Where Rain will go after all these buildings built around jomptien beach. Tell me?

Really? I ride my bike and water is near to enter the muffler.

Now with all these projects like Maldives, Dusit ,... , what will happen to these streets?

How will we circulate? , how to go home or leave home when there is no way to reach our buildings surrounded by water.

Don't make fun of my name . Not my fault if I 'm vip and not you.

Edited by Idontpaytaxsowhat
  • Like 1

"How will we circulate? , how to go home or leave home when there is no way to reach our buildings surrounded by water."

I think the trick is to live somewhere that wasnt paddy fields a few years ago.

My Jomtien condo building is built on a slight slope which, barring tsunamis, should never flood.

• Like 1

"How will we circulate? , how to go home or leave home when there is no way to reach our buildings surrounded by water."

I think the trick is to live somewhere that wasnt paddy fields a few years ago.

My Jomtien condo building is built on a slight slope which, barring tsunamis, should never flood.

Leaning tower of Pizza,very interesting,does your table move from east to west heheheheheh

Its not necessarily a case of the condo flooding, but all the streets around it, and I suspect a lot of condos will have low spots, full of water also. There is no building code, just every man for himself. Thats why all building sites are filled in, then the water goes to the next lowest site, its their problem now. Finally, the water reaches the beach, or rather beach road, then it floods again. In the case of Jomtien second road, the water just stays in the road.

In older towns, some of the buildings are 2 or even 3 meters below the road, so guess where the water goes! The drainage here does nothing. Before its even finished, its full of concrete and sand, then some cooking oil is dumped on top of that. Its just hopeless!

Its not necessarily a case of the condo flooding, but all the streets around it, and I suspect a lot of condos will have low spots, full of water also. There is no building code, just every man for himself. Thats why all building sites are filled in, then the water goes to the next lowest site, its their problem now. Finally, the water reaches the beach, or rather beach road, then it floods again. In the case of Jomtien second road, the water just stays in the road.

In older towns, some of the buildings are 2 or even 3 meters below the road, so guess where the water goes! The drainage here does nothing. Before its even finished, its full of concrete and sand, then some cooking oil is dumped on top of that. Its just hopeless!

In parts of the US people who live in places that repeatedly flood or are prone to storm damage keep rebuilding after each disaster and expect other taxpayers to foot a large part of the bill. That's beyond hopeless.

The western end of this Gulf Coast island has proved to be one of the most hazardous places in the country for waterfront property. Since 1979, nearly a dozen hurricanes and large storms have rolled in and knocked down houses, chewed up sewers and water pipes and hurled sand onto the roads.

Yet time and again, checks from Washington have allowed the town to put itself back together.

Across the nation, tens of billions of tax dollars have been spent on subsidizing coastal reconstruction in the aftermath of storms, usually with little consideration of whether it actually makes sense to keep rebuilding in disaster-prone areas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/19/science/earth/as-coasts-rebuild-and-us-pays-again-critics-stop-to-ask-why.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

• Like 1

Well, yes. That entire area was rice paddies and swamps not so long ago. Hence my comment about making sure that you live somewhere else (ideally on a slight slope, pizza towers notwithstanding). Unfortunately for them, a lot of people buying holiday condos in that area know little or nothing about what happens there when it rains.

And of course Thailand is far from being the only country in the world where people are allowed to build on land that is prone to flooding.