Senators challenge PM Yingluck, police

webfact

adjective, characterized by peace, free from war, strife, commotion, violence or disorder, a peaceful reign; a peaceful demonstration.

So that means anyone that is doing any of these things listed above are by definition, NOT PEACEFUL, which also leads me to believe that the either courts do not know the meaning of the word "peaceful", or that someone needs to tell the police the meaning so they can stop all this,,,whistling.gif

head CMPO Pol. Captain Chalerm already stated he is asking the Civil Court for clarifications. No idea if he submitted a request, send a legal team, or just go on television and say so. Maybe he was thinking of sending a police squad?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BANGKOK: -- The deputy Senate speaker and 18 senators yesterday issued a statement of concern over the current political violence and called on caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to show leadership in solving the problems.

She is showing leadership and solving problems. She inspected some fruit in Saraburi yesterday. This inspection is of crushing national importance, you know. In fact, I read she will be inspect more OTOP locations in the days ahead. This is very serious stuff and must be taken care of immediately. Bangkok issues are just a minor annoyance, you know.

How she gets away with this BS is beyond me. Incompetence, dereliction of duty, malfeasance, corruption, gross stupidity, impersonating a leader and taking orders from a convicted criminal fugitive. Not to mention holding public office under false pretenses.

Thailand is not only doomed, but is definately a failed state.

Edited by WhizBang
  • Like 1

It is shame when the people have to coordinate stemming the escalation of political violence themselves. 2 deadly terrorist attacks in 2 days and it seems that yingluck's priorities were inspecting fruit in Saraburi. OK, she did send a Facebook update. Woppey!!

What statement do you have for the public updating progress made on the investigation? Does Adul have an update? Does Tarit have an update or is he too busy with AV's and Suthep's murder charges? Does anyone from anywhere have any update on progress?

It seems like the PDRC might have to sit in the meeting with the medical staff to try to stem this violence because the government are doing nothing. AGAIN.

Altogether 19 people are dead and 717 injured and police have been unable to arrest a single suspect. Interesting though they managed to quickly arrest suspects in the shooting of Kwanchai Praipana, a very vocal red-shirt leader in Udon Thani. Can't blame the courts for giving them less powers. The police caught as many suspects before the court verdict as after it. None.

If yingluck is doing something about this apart from looking at fruit in Saraburi then tell us. Why on earth the caretaker leader decides to look at fruit when the city and country is in turmoil reflects her true role in this country and in aint as the leader.

I really do enjoy reading your comments, djjamie, usually well written and thought out, (not a p*ss take)

Unfortunately not always correct mate, ie, "police have been unable to arrest a single suspect"

I'd like to ask you mate, and others here, to answer honestly,

Q. Do they agree with the court that the protesters are peaceful and have no weapons???, and have ordered that police can NOT arrest "peaceful protesters" or even force them out of an area.

That question asked, I do think there are many peaceful protesters, but also many many violent ones, just as there was in 2010.

So I ask what would you do as a police officer that has had rocks, bolts, ball bearings, bullets and bombs thrown at you and you workmates,

You are ordered to protect people and places, but you can not arrest any "peaceful protesters", you can not move anyone on, you are accused of bombing and shooting your own workmates you may well be latter charged, even sued for negligence your duty,

Lastly, I think the police have plenty of scope to do their jobs, ie, according to the Oxford dictionary, the word "peaceful"

adjective, characterized by peace, free from war, strife, commotion, violence or disorder, a peaceful reign; a peaceful demonstration.

So that means anyone that is doing any of these things listed above are by definition, NOT PEACEFUL, which also leads me to believe that the either courts do not know the meaning of the word "peaceful", or that someone needs to tell the police the meaning so they can stop all this,,,whistling.gif

I had asked many questions in the above and you are answering my questions with questions. This is called dodging the question and is an intentional avoidance of having to answer my questions. It is a technique used by politicians when the politician questioned either does not know the answer and wants to avoid embarrassment, or when being questioned in a debate, and wants to avoid giving a direct response.

Thanks for the compliment mate, but I don't fall for these techniques anymore.

• Like 2

We're talking about the half appointed Senate, the same senate that appoints judges and makes the courts biased against the PhuaThai party or any party that wins the election that's not the democrat party.

The police havn't been able to catch the suspects attacking the protest sites because the protest 'guards' keep kidnapping them, blindfolding beating and torturing them, even when they try to investigate one of the attacks.. And then the police are supposed to find the culprits after the protesters create a 'buffer zone' around the protest sites making it even easier to speed in on a motorbike with a hit and run attack. Like the police are supposed to 'die' for the protesters after all that shit.

I don't see the military finding the culprits either and they are also present at the protest sites, especially chang wattana where most of the attacks had occurred prior to this weekend.

It is not the governments main priority to protect fascist protesters who stated objective is to overthrow the democratically elected government and replace it with an 'appointed' dictatorship (there's total confusion as to who whould do the appointing but the PAD/PDRC insists on doing some of it and the rest the democrats and their elite friends, the PhuaThai would be frozen out despite winning the last election by a landslide-that's democratic).

"I don't see the military finding the culprits either"

the Army is not allowed to interfere in ongoing police investigations. Similarly even if you yourself would like to come over in Sherlock Holmes style to help are expressly forbidden to interfere.

Nothing personel against you, just the law.

BANGKOK: -- The deputy Senate speaker and 18 senators yesterday issued a statement of concern over the current political violence and called on caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to show leadership in solving the problems.

She is showing leadership and solving problems. She inspected some fruit in Saraburi yesterday. This inspection is of crushing national importance, you know. In fact, I read she will be inspect more OTOP locations in the days ahead. This is very serious stuff and must be taken care of immediately. Bangkok issues are just a minor annoyance, you know.

How she gets away with this BS is beyond me. Incompetence, dereliction of duty, malfeasance, corruption, gross stupidity, impersonating a leader and taking orders from a convicted criminal fugitive. Not to mention holding public office under false pretenses.

Thailand is not only doomed, but is definately a failed state.

OTOP centres are very important. They were her brothers idea. Most that I've seen are empty shells!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the PM was capable of doing fair jobs, there should not be protesters on the street.

Senators want Yingluck to take the leadership. She should be in charge and take care the business.

All I have seen is that she is in meetings and making some type of generic statements. Nothing has been done.

We have already witnessed some of her job performances. Has she done good jobs?

One of the important questions is that if she is able to handle the job correctly without creating any further problems.

Your guess is as good as mine.

of COURSE Yingluck has been doing a good jon, She spent Monday inspecting local produce in a province 150 kilometres (90 miles) east of Bangkok

Yes Rubl but they(military) are there on the scene of the grenade attacks, the guys who launch the grenades speed off on a motorbike, cut the 'investigation' bullshit, the only way someone will get these guys is if you give chase and risk being shot when you catch up to them..the military could just as easily go after him, the whole reason they are there is to 'protect' the protesters.. how exactly do they do this..

The fact is neither the police OR the military want to get involved in this tit-for-tat violence between the 2 groups, its not just the police.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is shame when the people have to coordinate stemming the escalation of political violence themselves. 2 deadly terrorist attacks in 2 days and it seems that yingluck's priorities were inspecting fruit in Saraburi. OK, she did send a Facebook update. Woppey!!

What statement do you have for the public updating progress made on the investigation? Does Adul have an update? Does Tarit have an update or is he too busy with AV's and Suthep's murder charges? Does anyone from anywhere have any update on progress?

It seems like the PDRC might have to sit in the meeting with the medical staff to try to stem this violence because the government are doing nothing. AGAIN.

Altogether 19 people are dead and 717 injured and police have been unable to arrest a single suspect. Interesting though they managed to quickly arrest suspects in the shooting of Kwanchai Praipana, a very vocal red-shirt leader in Udon Thani. Can't blame the courts for giving them less powers. The police caught as many suspects before the court verdict as after it. None.

If yingluck is doing something about this apart from looking at fruit in Saraburi then tell us. Why on earth the caretaker leader decides to look at fruit when the city and country is in turmoil reflects her true role in this country and in aint as the leader.

TOTALY AGREE !!! ..........thumbsup.gif WHAT LEADERSHIP ???? ... The Fruit looks good ..... cheesy.gif

Yeah, so do the tomatoes...

We're talking about the half appointed Senate, the same senate that appoints judges and makes the courts biased against the PhuaThai party or any party that wins the election that's not the democrat party.

The police havn't been able to catch the suspects attacking the protest sites because the protest 'guards' keep kidnapping them, blindfolding beating and torturing them, even when they try to investigate one of the attacks.. And then the police are supposed to find the culprits after the protesters create a 'buffer zone' around the protest sites making it even easier to speed in on a motorbike with a hit and run attack. Like the police are supposed to 'die' for the protesters after all that shit.

I don't see the military finding the culprits either and they are also present at the protest sites, especially chang wattana where most of the attacks had occurred prior to this weekend.

It is not the governments main priority to protect fascist protesters who stated objective is to overthrow the democratically elected government and replace it with an 'appointed' dictatorship (there's total confusion as to who whould do the appointing but the PAD/PDRC insists on doing some of it and the rest the democrats and their elite friends, the PhuaThai would be frozen out despite winning the last election by a landslide-that's democratic).

One problem, there is no democratically elected government, just a corrupt dysfunctional caretaker government.

Yes Rubl but they(military) are there on the scene of the grenade attacks, the guys who launch the grenades speed off on a motorbike, cut the 'investigation' bullshit, the only way someone will get these guys is if you give chase and risk being shot when you catch up to them..the military could just as easily go after him, the whole reason they are there is to 'protect' the protesters.. how exactly do they do this..

The fact is neither the police OR the military want to get involved in this tit-for-tat violence between the 2 groups, its not just the police.

I want a car made of solid gold.

It doesn't matter what the police want, that is their job, it is what they have been told to do.

So, why aren't they doing it?

Could it be that they have been publicly told to do it, but then told not to behind closed doors.

If the PM was capable of doing fair jobs, there should not be protesters on the street.

Senators want Yingluck to take the leadership. She should be in charge and take care the business.

All I have seen is that she is in meetings and making some type of generic statements. Nothing has been done.

We have already witnessed some of her job performances. Has she done good jobs?

One of the important questions is that if she is able to handle the job correctly without creating any further problems.

Your guess is as good as mine.

of COURSE Yingluck has been doing a good jon, She spent Monday inspecting local produce in a province 150 kilometres (90 miles) east of Bangkok

I hope she paid for all the stuff she took away with her, like the gift baskets, at least she could help the local economy if not the country.

Indeed, Yingluck should place the people's interests above her own. The best thing she could do would be to go before the public on television, and to quietly relinquish office. She would state that the constitution demands the removal of an administration if a quorum is not reached, and by resigning she is adhering to the constitution and the constitutional process. She would call on the UDD to accept the decision and allow the country to heal.

I really do enjoy reading your comments, djjamie, usually well written and thought out, (not a p*ss take)

Unfortunately not always correct mate, ie, "police have been unable to arrest a single suspect"

I'd like to ask you mate, and others here, to answer honestly,

Q. Do they agree with the court that the protesters are peaceful and have no weapons???, and have ordered that police can NOT arrest "peaceful protesters" or even force them out of an area.

That question asked, I do think there are many peaceful protesters, but also many many violent ones, just as there was in 2010.

So I ask what would you do as a police officer that has had rocks, bolts, ball bearings, bullets and bombs thrown at you and you workmates,

You are ordered to protect people and places, but you can not arrest any "peaceful protesters", you can not move anyone on, you are accused of bombing and shooting your own workmates you may well be latter charged, even sued for negligence your duty,

Lastly, I think the police have plenty of scope to do their jobs, ie, according to the Oxford dictionary, the word "peaceful"

I had asked many questions in the above and you are answering my questions with questions. This is called dodging the question and is an intentional avoidance of having to answer my questions. It is a technique used by politicians when the politician questioned either does not know the answer and wants to avoid embarrassment, or when being questioned in a debate, and wants to avoid giving a direct response.

Thanks for the compliment mate, but I don't fall for these techniques anymore.

Yu'p ok, I don't have any update's for you, and if any of your list above have any updates, they aren't saying for now it seems,

There now I've answered your questions now can you answer mine? remember, answer honestly,,, cheers.

"This should be done "by coordinating with all parties, stressing public interest over personal interest", Deputy Senate Speaker Surachai Liengboon-lertchai told a press conference." Key words here stop serving personal interests and resign for the sake of the country!

And let Suthep and his popcorn people into power? No way!

Look at it this way, do you think anyone wants to lead a country like Thailand? To have not-so-veiled threats of violence against her? Endless mindless propaganda, endless false accusations? Political opposition cronies stuffed into every government department.

It can't be fun and she doesn't need it.

But it's her duty to follow the constitution and reject this power grab, because Suthep cannot be allowed power by popcorn & corrupt cronies.

Rewarding extremism is to encourage extremism. It's not about self interest for her, it's her duty to Thailand!

• Like 1

"This should be done "by coordinating with all parties, stressing public interest over personal interest", Deputy Senate Speaker Surachai Liengboon-lertchai told a press conference." Key words here stop serving personal interests and resign for the sake of the country!

But it's her duty to follow the constitution and reject this power grab, because Suthep cannot be allowed power by popcorn & corrupt cronies.

Rewarding extremism is to encourage extremism. It's not about self interest for her, it's her duty to Thailand!

The Abhisit government was formed under the constitution (same way as the previous 2 Thaksin affiliated governments)

Yet the Red shirts decried that and took to the streets. Ultimately extremists within the Red shirts caused mayhem. Some of those very same extremists became Phua Thai MP's as thank you payments for all they had done for Thaksin (The initial bankroller of the UDD)

And you say it's not self interest .. get real!

She can/could stand down and another more partisan Prime minister named!

• Like 2

head CMPO Pol. Captain Chalerm already stated he is asking the Civil Court for clarifications. No idea if he submitted a request, send a legal team, or just go on television and say so. Maybe he was thinking of sending a police squad?

yes precisely, so why ask for clarification, the Oxford dictionary gives clarified it for them,

unless you have another official definition on "peaceful", that would not support this one???

So police can arrest those that are NOT PEACEFUL, correct?

If she quits another PhuaThai MP from the caretaker cabnet takes over until enough parliament seats are filled through bi-elections so that a new government takes over, will some other PT MP, like the Bangkok based Charlem, becoming PM satisfy the protesters? The protesters claim it will not and only a 'people' council' dictatorship will satify them..

but anyways, leading the country into a constitutional crises, which is what your suggesting she do.. is NOT the 'constitutional process'

You people seem to think the constitutional process is a violent mob getting rid of an elected government and replacing it will a dictatorship.

Not to mention that screwing up the elected government is simply going to bring the UDD onto the streets demanding a new snap election election.

Indeed, Yingluck should place the people's interests above her own. The best thing she could do would be to go before the public on television, and to quietly relinquish office. She would state that the constitution demands the removal of an administration if a quorum is not reached, and by resigning she is adhering to the constitution and the constitutional process. She would call on the UDD to accept the decision and allow the country to heal.

The problem is the she has no leadership skills and no charisma. The odds of her being able to do anything about anything are slim to none, and slim had left the building. The three people who are suppose to be able to help Thailand the most are all puppets of the A Hole desert coward and answer to no one else and not do they care about anyone else especially the well being of Thailand as a hole

And let Suthep and his popcorn people into power? No way!

Look at it this way, do you think anyone wants to lead a country like Thailand? To have not-so-veiled threats of violence against her? Endless mindless propaganda, endless false accusations? Political opposition cronies stuffed into every government department.

It can't be fun and she doesn't need it.

Her duty to Thailand.

Visit fruit in person and offer condolences on Facebook to a father that lost both his children in a terrorist attack.

One must be an extremist, fanatic, undemocratic, fascist loving, power grabbing, corrupt crony to suggest that she forget the fruit and visit the father and offer him her deepest condolences.

Only in Thailand does fruit have a higher priority to a caretaker PM than grieving people.

post-140765-0-42056100-1393301471_thumb.

post-140765-0-36133900-1393301488_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

The senators want PM to take care of the situation? Do they realise they are talking about yingluck? Best she can do is order to set up a committee and hope everyone forget about the problem. Yingluck for Nobel prize in incompetence!

Would that be a committee she wouldn't actually attend personally ?

She doesn't do committees.

The Abhisit government was formed under the constitution (same way as the previous 2 Thaksin affiliated governments)

Yet the Red shirts decried that and took to the streets. Ultimately extremists within the Red shirts caused mayhem. Some of those very same extremists became Phua Thai MP's as thank you payments for all they had done for Thaksin (The initial bankroller of the UDD)

"the Abbhisit government was formed under the constitution (same as the previous 2 Thaksin affiliated governments)"

Errr ya think??? would you care to explain the VERY REAL difference between the Abbhisit government and the "affiliated Thaksin governments) coming to power??? whistling.gif but hey it probably doesn't sit well with your favored politics???

The senators want PM to take care of the situation? Do they realise they are talking about yingluck? Best she can do is order to set up a committee and hope everyone forget about the problem. Yingluck for Nobel prize in incompetence!

Would that be a committee she wouldn't actually attend personally ?

She doesn't do committees.

No no, she'll be there for the ribbon cutting ceremony and photo ops.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok for all you questioners, how many times have the protesters started the bombings and shooting when left alone, answer, none. When have all the actual shootings and bombings started, answer, when the reds/police get involved. Do the protesters carry weapons, answer, yes for their protection/defence. Which group has suffered more deaths/injuries, answer, the protesters. Which group is calling for blood on the streets, answer, the udd. Which group cheered/celebrated the deaths of children and women, answer, the udd. Which group defended/made excuses for killing innocent women and children, answer, the red/ptp supporters.

Yes the protesters have taken over buildings/roads etc but did not use guns/bombs etc to do so, just people power, they have not attempted to burn down any building or blow them up, they have had armed people back them up when they have been fired upon but then this is in retaliation/defence only. When left to their own devices no weapons are used to accomplish what they want unlike the other side.

While I deplore violence of any kind, especially the killing of kids, people that are defending themselves is a different matter. Deliberately shooting randomly is also not on, the only pics I saw of the "popcorn" man he was aiming for his targets which I assume were the reds with guns as no one else was targeted/shot(women/children), this is the big difference. Randomly shooting at/bombing everyone as per the reds and selected targeting shooters as per the protesters is a different kettle of fish.

The violence needs to end no matter which side you support, these latest incident are despicable and for anyone to celebrate them or even condone them is beneath contempt. Its way past time for everyone in here to show their humanity and condemn anyone that would target women and children no matter who they support, this is beyond politics, no one should target innocent people with weapons to achieve their aims but it would appear this does not apply to the ptp/reds. How can any decent person defend the indefensible.

• Like 1

Ok for all you questioners, how many times have the protesters started the bombings and shooting when left alone, answer, none. When have all the actual shootings and bombings started, answer, when the reds/police get involved. Do the protesters carry weapons, answer, yes for their protection/defence. Which group has suffered more deaths/injuries, answer, the protesters. Which group is calling for blood on the streets, answer, the udd. Which group cheered/celebrated the deaths of children and women, answer, the udd. Which group defended/made excuses for killing innocent women and children, answer, the red/ptp supporters.

Yes the protesters have taken over buildings/roads etc but did not use guns/bombs etc to do so, just people power, they have not attempted to burn down any building or blow them up, they have had armed people back them up when they have been fired upon but then this is in retaliation/defence only. When left to their own devices no weapons are used to accomplish what they want unlike the other side.

While I deplore violence of any kind, especially the killing of kids, people that are defending themselves is a different matter. Deliberately shooting randomly is also not on, the only pics I saw of the "popcorn" man he was aiming for his targets which I assume were the reds with guns as no one else was targeted/shot(women/children), this is the big difference. Randomly shooting at/bombing everyone as per the reds and selected targeting shooters as per the protesters is a different kettle of fish.

The violence needs to end no matter which side you support, these latest incident are despicable and for anyone to celebrate them or even condone them is beneath contempt. Its way past time for everyone in here to show their humanity and condemn anyone that would target women and children no matter who they support, this is beyond politics, no one should target innocent people with weapons to achieve their aims but it would appear this does not apply to the ptp/reds. How can any decent person defend the indefensible.

A lot of your comments are qu9ite right, and a lot are quite wrong,

My wife is a supporter of the PTP and she deplores the terrorist acts, as do I regardless who and from what faction they support, so DO NOT put all PTP supporters in this group, also she does not support many of the UDD's comments, so DO NOT put her in your "the red/supporters", because you are wrong,

A lot of your comments are qu9ite right, and a lot are quite wrong,

My wife is a supporter of the PTP and she deplores the terrorist acts, as do I regardless who and from what faction they support, so DO NOT put all PTP supporters in this group, also she does not support many of the UDD's comments, so DO NOT put her in your "the red/supporters", because you are wrong,

but it is ok for you to lump all those against the ptp/reds as yellows, elite, etc?. Opinions are like arseh*les, we all have them, if you do not agree with the udd/reds/ptp that are cheering on these deaths etc then why dont you state it instead of defending them and making excuses. If I think someone has a valid point I will agree no matter which political party they back because it is the right thing to do.

By the way, my wife favours neither side and I form my own opinions from what I have read and witnessed personally(and we also disagree at times as well), not those that are forced on me by my family that need to be agreed to or be kicked out of the family home/ostracized or just to stay in their good books. If people cannot be honest and write from their own personal views why bother to do it, if your family has a different view let them write it themselves but it is good that you can actually say what you have, it has been noted for future referencewai.gif .

Edited by seajae

"the Abbhisit government was formed under the constitution (same as the previous 2 Thaksin affiliated governments)"

Errr ya think??? would you care to explain the VERY REAL difference between the Abbhisit government and the "affiliated Thaksin governments) coming to power??? whistling.gif but hey it probably doesn't sit well with your favored politics???

As far as the constitution is concerned there is absolutely no difference under the circumstances.

All three PM's were voted in by the Parliament under constitutional and Parliamentary rules.

Facts not my favoured politics!

• Like 1

The army on the scene of the attack? You mean gathering with the anti-government protesters? From what I've seen the presence of the army is mostly limited to medical posts. Even the thousands of police seem to have found other things to do.

Cut the BS, the army is not really around and it not at all expected to be involved, not even in helping the police without being asked. They're told to 'but out' regularly as only the police knows how to protect crime scenes.

BTW just read that 'allegedly' around 20 grenades were heard exploding around and at Lumpini Park last night. Plus shots fired at PDRC guards there. Now obviously with police 'safe guarding' the area so successfully, we might want to get the army to replace the police in making patrols in the area.

Surachai said. "We call for police officers who are directly responsible for society's peace and order to do their best to protect people without any bias."

And the Court added, "without force." So what does "do your best" really mean in a practical sense? Surachai obviously has no idea or he would have made a more definitive and guiding statement. And even if he did provide more direction, so what? The police are not under the command of the Parliament and the Government can't direct police to do anything that the police themselves would want to do. So far, "doing their best" seems to consist of being in uniform, avoiding direct eye contact with anyone, and taking frequent breaks.

I (sacrastically) think that the police have misinterpretated the State of Emergency provision that says "demonstrations of more than five people shall be dispersed" to say that "police deminstrations of more than five people shall be dispersed." At that police have been very effective. The only time you seem to see police gathering with more than five people are at assembly areas miles from protest sites. Maybe they heard the proverb that "there was safety in numbers" and thought it meant in kilometers and not people.