Bomb explosions and gunfire rock PDRC’s Silom rally site

webfact

The report in the other paper also mentions that reporters and police were not allowed to enter the area by PDRC guards so, although the police do need to be doing more, they do have one hand tied behind their backs apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So almost 4 hours of gun fire and explosions , where were the police in all this and the military?

Seem to be non existing when the demonstrators are attacked .

the police were driving around in pick up trucks - keep the feet for dancing

The report in the other paper also mentions that reporters and police were not allowed to enter the area by PDRC guards so, although the police do need to be doing more, they do have one hand tied behind their backs apparently.

yes but the scum firing at them are not in the protesters camps they are outside just where the police are ..coincidence make your own mind up...wai2.gif

yes but the scum firing at them are not in the protesters camps they are outside just where the police are ..coincidence make your own mind up...wai2.gif

Nope - the article says that the PDRC extended the area while the searched for suspects.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who knows who is responsible...this could quite easily be a 'statement' from the private sector. Unsurprising that the police are able to do little....a combination of constraints by the courts and the bashing/interrogation they get from the buddhist monk, very difficult for them to function effectively

A statement from the private sector?! I would accuse you of "just joking" but I know you would never joke about ongoing indiscriminate attacks leading to the death and dismemberment of innocent people, including children. But if you're not just joking, I find the logic of your speculation unfathomable, because since when have private sectors anywhere encouraged violent disorder and mayhem? Businesses require order, predictability, and the rule of law, implemented justly.

You know perfectly well who the mastermind of these attacks is. And yet you persist in trying to divert attention and muddy the waters even as people are being killed and maimed. I would have a hard time playing such a frankly deceitful and unconscionable role myself; I simply couldn't pull it off. And I suspect most people would find it just as difficult as I would.

Ohh, there's great faith in you and your associates abilities at deceitful and unconscionable roles. Don't underestimate so easily or is it just false humility? Take strength from the many postings here. Own it.

So almost 4 hours of gun fire and explosions , where were the police in all this and the military?

Seem to be non existing when the demonstrators are attacked .

Are you crazy William? Police doesn't go to dangerous place.

Was this what Chalerm meant when he said he "had some plans" for the protesters?

Indeed; along with the war drums. What benefits expats have defending and denying it all despite endless evidence, we'll never know.

What evidence? and of who? There is no proof.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who knows who is responsible...this could quite easily be a 'statement' from the private sector. Unsurprising that the police are able to do little....a combination of constraints by the courts and the bashing/interrogation they get from the buddhist monk, very difficult for them to function effectively

A statement from the private sector?! I would accuse you of "just joking" but I know you would never joke about ongoing indiscriminate attacks leading to the death and dismemberment of innocent people, including children. But if you're not just joking, I find the logic of your speculation unfathomable, because since when have private sectors anywhere encouraged violent disorder and mayhem? Businesses require order, predictability, and the rule of law, implemented justly.

You know perfectly well who the mastermind of these attacks is. And yet you persist in trying to divert attention and muddy the waters even as people are being killed and maimed. I would have a hard time playing such a frankly deceitful and unconscionable role myself; I simply couldn't pull it off. And I suspect most people would find it just as difficult as I would.

Why do you people need to see the 'invisible hand' behind every atrocity? Why cannot this be the work of extremists who support Thaksin or Yingluck but who don't have their support in return?

Please someone explain to me what would either Yingluck or Thaksin have to gain from these acts of violence. Everyone knows they will not cause the protesters to pack up and go home. More likely, they will cause the army to intervene, which, like last time, will benefit the Dems rather than the PTP.

• Like 2

Bad news. Better to avoid the area altogether; though this is hard for those of us who have to conduct business around these key areas. If their opposition weren't hellbent on violence, at least we could get through an otherwise peaceful demonstration.

Thai news also stated the devices appeared to have been planted from outside the site. ** Hope the posts of how this was done by PDRC don't ensue. One can see the obvious connection between the escalation of more numerous attacks corresponding with the clear intentions of recent red rallies and leaders.

Also, they attempted to hit them democrat headquarters too on Setthasiri Rd... pretty frickin' obvious who is doing this....

OK Army: PTP and police are both useless and this will con't. Time to step in, toss them out and restart.

The red shirt scum knows nothing but violence. Three leaders two out of jail on bail and an ex communist leader.

Red shirts the party for Thaksin and his special friends. I see where today they beat the farmers into the site they were going to protest to try and shut them up. No Soap the farmers are smarter than the red shirts. They moved to another site.

Nice bunch of backers Yingluck has. For that alone she should be thrown out of office. But that is the kind of backing all dictators have.

• Like 2

"PDRC guards said the explosion started from about 1.00 a.m. and ended before dawn today."

"Almost 20 explosions were counted by guards from midnight to 4.00 a.m. today coupled with gunshots."

So where were the even on-the-ball police force while all this was happening?

Oh, sorry after hours how silly of me.

Was there any ear medicine tasting session that night on the premisses of the guy in charge?

Very quiet around Silom this morning. The PRDC guards don't exactly inspire confidence. Personally I object to being 'screened' by these self-appointed guards but I'm not sure what the alternative is. I had to have a chuckle as I left work yesterday and walked up to the MRT. At the 'check point' they have an entry/exit lane - people were just walking in and out wherever they wanted to and the guards appeared powerless to stop them. Maybe this afternoon in might be a little more rigorous.

PDRC guards don't inspire confidence? You must be wrong. I've been told many times by nice posters here that those guards are mean, violent, rented thugs who carry an arsenal of WMD many dictator would give an arm and a leg for.

On a more serious tone, walking from UCL RamaIV to BTS SalaDaeng I've been ask to allow them to have a look in my backpack. Some a bit scruffy looking, but not really professionals. Also too many points of access for those who want to wreck havoc.

Police totally inefficient as well, four hours of noise and not a single clue?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

You have got to be joking. Normal laws are still in place & should be enforced. Shootings & bombings don't just come under emergency decree rules.

If you are a red shirt backed up by the government they do. You may shoot any one you wish and throw bombs at any one you wish.

Sound harsh well what has the police done about it. They are directly under the control of the government. The red shirts receive there pay from Thaksin . Thaksin thinks PTP does.

So far that is exactly how it has been working out. Not looking forward to it but it is a given that the red shirts will kill and injure more until the government can stop therm and let them out on bail to carry on.sad.png

Now who says the government does not need reform?sad.png

• Like 2

Everyone syas they know who the mastermind is that is doing this. Well I say where is your proof. SHOW ME!!!!!!

Don't worry, our head CMPO Pol. Captain Chalerm knows all and will tell soon, really soon now. Someone suggested maybe in an all revealing press conference on the 29th this month.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

You have got to be joking. Normal laws are still in place & should be enforced. Shootings & bombings don't just come under emergency decree rules.

Perhaps Prbkk can provide us with some examples of where the police have done their job since the protests began appertaining to arresting and charging anyone with attacks on protesters?

The four men caught with an assortment of weapons including grenades - just had them for self defense. The lady caught driving the car from which shots were fired at protesters - all gone quiet. The guy caught on cctv lobbing a grenade - all gone quiet. In fact no arrests or charges so far. Cracking effort - almost as selective as their pals at the DSI.

This could be a statement from the private sector - what planet are you from? That's absurd even for you.

• Like 1

so much for the police doing their job, yl is full of sh*t and we all know that there is no way in hell the police will help arrest any red shirt scum as it will derail the ptp completely to have their "red army" directly shown to be murdering innocent people. Yl, chalerm and the rest of the ptp scum are simply letting the reds terrorize anyone that doesnt agree with them, they dont care about the country, only their personal bank accounts.

Protester Security Guards will not allow the police anywhere near their sites... Can't blame the police for not going where they are not only Not Wanted, but where they have been fired upon on several instances, and have even been taken hostage and beaten by "Security Guards"... Peaceful Demonstrations??? Ya, Right...

Pianoman

• Like 1

You know darn well who is doing it.

Steer it around to monks 'bashing and interrogating' when demonstrators and the whole CBD is under red violence???

Pathetic and disgraceful your poor arguments are reduced to deflected, broken shards of absolute rubbish.

You are being to nice.

Not to belittle any one but if you search through a pile of rubbish all you will find is rubbish.

very difficult for them to function effectively

Incredibly hard for a whole police department to function under the truth being told by a monk.cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Everyone syas they know who the mastermind is that is doing this. Well I say where is your proof. SHOW ME!!!!!!

Don't worry, our head CMPO Pol. Captain Chalerm knows all and will tell soon, really soon now. Someone suggested maybe in an all revealing press conference on the 29th this month.rolleyes.gif

Well murder charges are being brought against him so it might be from behind bars. I wonder if his son can fix this for him?

20 explosions? My personal opinion is that it looks like the targeting of someone's business has made someone really mad. whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

And where are the police again? Months of constant bombings and they're still nowhere close to catching the culprit. I guess seeing how a policeman can go on stage and cheer the deaths at Trat, the police don't really want to catch these people do they? Face it, if this continues and the so called police don't do their jobs, the army might have to.

The Royale Thai Police is a joke, paid by the man in Dubay to do his dirty work bah.gif

Perhaps Prbkk can provide us with some examples of where the police have done their job since the protests began appertaining to arresting and charging anyone with attacks on protesters?

The four men caught with an assortment of weapons including grenades - just had them for self defense. The lady caught driving the car from which shots were fired at protesters - all gone quiet. The guy caught on cctv lobbing a grenade - all gone quiet. In fact no arrests or charges so far. Cracking effort - almost as selective as their pals at the DSI.

This could be a statement from the private sector - what planet are you from? That's absurd even for you.

"provide us with some examples of where the police have done their job since the protests began";

• warrants for the arrest of 4 soldiers for the attempted assassination of Kwanchai
  • arrest warrants denied by court for the popcorn terrorists in the Laksi gun battle
  • detention of several PRDC guards with possession of weapons and drugs
  • confiscation of untold weaponry from PRDC protest sights.....sorry list definitely not exhaustive

Police can't or won't clear out the protestors?

Send in the red dogs of war, ready to kill for their misshapen views of democracy.

Any policeman trying to do their job will be instead dead meat.

"Security guards also prohibited entry into the Lumphini park for exercise this morning"

How would New Yorker feel if their not not allowed in their central park?

This is a very serious cause for concern as the country is obviously falling into disarray without the police doing a damn thing to catch these paid gangs to cause mayhem. This is danger with a capital D. The army must take control NOW before too many more deaths of innocent lives occur. The PM is not capable to do her job ... the police are not protecting the people .. the army should step in now with heavy force.

Sent from my TR736 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Again we have naive people on these threads that think the police's job is to fight a war between 2 factions, that is not their job and it begs the question why doesn't the police just disperse the riot itself, rather than policing it. , they have already been killed and had their legs blown off would you want additional risks if you were doing that job.

This is a very serious cause for concern as the country is obviously falling into disarray without the police doing a dam_n thing to catch these paid gangs to cause mayhem. This is danger with a capital D. The army must take control NOW before too many more deaths of innocent lives occur. The PM is not capable to do her job ... the police are not protecting the people .. the army should step in now with heavy force.

Sent from my TR736 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

if the army get involved that could cause the country to errupt in a bitter bloody conflict ,its just simmering beneath the surface waiting to blow

The police are not doing anything. But what's new? The only thing I miss is when they direct traffic... have you been at the intersection between Ploenchit and Wireless Road at 5:00pm? It is like the Wild West.... people cutting across the sky train trying to turn right, no one paying attention to the lights, people from Chidlom blocking two lanes going toward the highway.... crazy, uncivilized driving, just reflecting what Thai people are really like without supervision!!! CHAOS

• Like 2

Some of you more astute trackers can find the article, but when this shut down BKK movement started rolling the police were specifically told to stay away by Suthep et al, and this was underscored by the army. So now crying for the police to come save them, yet were sent them away with threats, well... you made your bed, now sleep in it. I in no way condone this cowardly bs that is going down, btw.

• Like 1