Flighting, my president: Yingluck's warm welcome goes wrong

webfact

Countless errors appear all the time in the Thai press composed by editors. So it's pointless to criticize down to earth ordinary Thai folks for coming out to support and welcome their legally elected leader.At least they are showing up for life.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow up people. Whats the big deal. Just Google translation errors. Clutching at straws trying to denigrate YL based on this trashy piece of reporting from high class rag Coconuts <deleted>.

Neither my Thai dictionary nor Google shows "president" as the translation of "nayok"

How do you know she thought it was ok? For all you know, two minutes before the picture was snapped, she saw it and remarked how bad the spelling was. She just took a picture with people who came out to support her. What is she supposed to do, say "you don't know how to spell, I won't take my picture with you"? What exactly is spelled/spelt right in Thailand anywhere?? Come down off the ledge people. Its just a snap shot.

i am not the best at spelling myself,but it is hilarious some of the mistakes they make,at the newly constructed court building near Wichianburi, a big sign outside told us it was Wichianburi Provicial court,this has now been rectified to Provincial,some one must have lost face big time of this,some of the menus are great too,recently in Koh Chang i was tempted by a lampburger,this was after i had visited the chiness temple,wonderful stuff.

it is very very very difficult to make such mistakes other than deliberate

1) Most Thais are not so stupid to know Prime Minister and President are not the same

2) For fighting wrong spelling is by remove letters to be fiting or fihgting and most Thais really know this

If she were smart she would spot the mistakes and say something it

Perhaps by not bringing attention to the amusing but ultimately unimportant errors in the English she was showing the same good manners to these women as other posters have to you.