Singaporeans staying away from Bangkok

webfact

Singaporeans staying away from Bangkok

bangkok-protest-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Violent outbreaks in Bangkok have deterred Singaporeans from visiting the city, with travel agents reporting that bookings have slowed to a trickle.

Singapore Airlines has axed 46 flights to the Thai capital next month, in addition to previously announced cuts of 43 flights over the past two months. The airline usually flies five times a day to Bangkok.

Travel agents said the prolonged political turmoil there has affected travel plans over the March school holidays, which commence on March 17.

At least 20 people have been killed and more than 600 injured since anti-government protests started in late October last year. This includes two children who were killed by a grenade attack in downtown Bangkok on Sunday.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/singaporeans-staying-away-bangkok/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-26

Not many tourists go to violent places for relaxy massage and be happy snaps with their Ipods, lets be frank, Thailand has stuffed up big time in the Tourism market place , how many times over the past two decades has this happened and they keep coming back, it is a wounder a tourism industry even exist, so don't whinge when a crowd like the PTP rip off the Rice farmers, save a thought for the tourist , that now spends money in a another countrycoffee1.gif

Not many tourists go to violent places for relaxy massage and be happy snaps with their Ipods, lets be frank, Thailand has stuffed up big time in the Tourism market place , how many times over the past two decades has this happened and they keep coming back, it is a wounder a tourism industry even exist, so don't whinge when a crowd like the PTP rip off the Rice farmers, save a thought for the tourist , that now spends money in a another countrycoffee1.gif

Agreed - tourists have been exceptionally generous when it comes to supporting Thailand, despite the crap that has gone on over the past few years. I still find it strange that it's only now that many tourists are finally realizing that Bangkok may indeed not be the best place to come for a holiday/convention etc. at least for the time being.

It took most tourists years to go to Myanmar until the Burmese government finally opened up the country in late 2011 before they started flooding in, due to people taking all the western reports of slave labor/forced killings/bombings (which only happened every now and then) seriously but in Thailand's case they just kept on coming in anyway despite the mayhem since 2006...only now the tables are starting to turn...

Myanmar is just one of many neighboring countries that are benefiting from the downturn in tourism due to Thailand's political situation.

• Like 1

Not only tourists, but business , I invited a Hong Kong customer to visit my company, but he wont come and no contract... Thanks again Suthep.

This is not appropriate to imply that Suthep has anything to do with the violence that has surrounded the declared peaceful protests.

Not only tourists, but business , I invited a Hong Kong customer to visit my company, but he wont come and no contract... Thanks again Suthep.

My HK partner and long term friend refused to visit earlier this month and stay the planned several days. Came last weekend - arrived very late Friday night and flew out Sunday late pm. Would only stay in a hotel near the air port. She's an experienced business traveler and travels frequently to all sorts of places on holiday. Been to BKK many times before. Not this time.

Just heard a conference planned for late April at the UN Conference Center has been moved to KL. Organizers say that many nationalities are warned not to travel and face insurance issues as well as their respective organization's concerns.

Not just Suthep - the source of the violence is questionable, there is a lack of control and the caretaker government is no longer legitimate. All side take responsibility.

• Like 1

Being very "Giasoo" and love freebies, I have a few Singaporean friends who took the opportunity on cheap flights and hotels in Patunam, flew here for the free food and concert. It is true.

I think you mean Kiasu.

It was no different when the Red shirts were out. It's not Suthep, this nonsense has been going on for years and years.

If you have a good product you shouldn't need to worry, the business that are affected will be those that are more tourism based. Get on a plane to HK and see the customer.

• Like 1

this people dont have to come here.

we dont want here.

can stay singapore.

Perhaps that can be used as a TAT advertisement? I detect a hint of Xenophobia.

He's a foolish, racist troll that most people ignore. He thinks he represents Thai people, thankfully I haven't experienced too many like him over the years, although they exist.

• Like 2

this people dont have to come here.

we dont want here.

can stay singapore.

Perhaps that can be used as a TAT advertisement? I detect a hint of Xenophobia.
The envy of an uneducated nation when confronted with an educated nation. Thailand is at least 100 years behind Singapore - and they instinctively know it.

And the Singaporeans know it to.

• Like 1

This is the reason 90% keep coming back

bulb-garden.jpg

Is that a photo from TAT's fertility promotion for Vietnamese?

Looks more like a lineup from the bar in Star Wars.

And where are your tits girls ???

• Like 1