PCAD guard arrested, identified as Thai Navy officer

webfact

PCAD Guard Arrested, Identified As Navy Officer
By Khaosod English

BANGKOK: -- The police said they have arrested a Royal Thai Navy serviceman who served as a security guard for anti-government protests.

Petty Officer First Class Sompong Thaennark was arrested at a police checkpoint in Bukkalo district of Bangkok today after the officers searched him and found two Glock handguns, along with a number of ammunition.

The search also turned up an ID card for security teams of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) and another ID card of the Navy Special Warfare Command - commonly known as the Thai Navy SEALs.

The police said 1PO Sompong is an active serviceman.

The Royal Thai Navy has been contacted for further investigation. The suspect remains in custody and has refused to provide any testimony, a police officer said.

The Thai navy has been linked to the ongoing political crisis in recent days due to reports that some SEALs members have joined the ranks of PCAD guards.

However, the Royal Thai Navy has repeatedly denied the allegation that its force is involved in the current anti-government protests in any way.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU16UXdOak15TkE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-26

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is beginning to look like the RTN SEALs are in it up to their whiskers!

They can't be that special if Somchai Plod keeps pinching them!

Incidentally, why would he need two guns?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

I can't help but wonder, considering the continual reports from Khao Sod, if someone there has some kind of 'thing' about the navy?

But looking at Khao Sod's track-record till now, I'll reserve commenting on the article till it is confirmed by other news sources.

What's the big fuss? We already know the military have been protecting the protestors because of the cowardly daily bomb and gun attacks. Police want to be tools of the Shinawatras and do nothing? No problem, the Navy will do their job.

The fuss Gerry is they have sworn an allegiance to their King, Country and Government, and the role of the Military is supposed to be non political, it's like the SAS being used to protect Gay Rights Activists (No ofence to the Gays)

They've sworn an oath to protect the people. The same oath the police took. Since the police aren't keeping to their oath and are not protecting the people from getting shot and blown up, someone else has to.

Nation, Religion, King, People. Nothing there about 'government'.

I think you may find that the Government will come under Nation, and as caretaker PM, which is classed as part of the Thai leadership, their oath of allegience covers protecting her too mate wink.png

They are supposed to follow orders as well, so somebody, somewhere will have a copy of the orders that authorised the SEAL's to begin protecting protestors, it really doesn't get much simpler than that, hence why The Military are NOT supposed to have political motives, if they're only accountable to themselves wink.png

When I served, I didn't care for the Politicians self serving interests, but I did my duty, and followed orders.

you said it followed orders unless proved otherwise eh w00t.gif

What's the big fuss? We already know the military have been protecting the protestors because of the cowardly daily bomb and gun attacks. Police want to be tools of the Shinawatras and do nothing? No problem, the Navy will do their job.

The fuss Gerry is they have sworn an allegiance to their King, Country and Government, and the role of the Military is supposed to be non political, it's like the SAS being used to protect Gay Rights Activists (No ofence to the Gays)

They've sworn an oath to protect the people. The same oath the police took. Since the police aren't keeping to their oath and are not protecting the people from getting shot and blown up, someone else has to.

Nation, Religion, King, People. Nothing there about 'government'.

I think you may find that the Government will come under Nation, and as caretaker PM, which is classed as part of the Thai leadership, their oath of allegience covers protecting her too mate wink.png

They are supposed to follow orders as well, so somebody, somewhere will have a copy of the orders that authorised the SEAL's to begin protecting protestors, it really doesn't get much simpler than that, hence why The Military are NOT supposed to have political motives, if they're only accountable to themselves wink.png

When I served, I didn't care for the Politicians self serving interests, but I did my duty, and followed orders.

Well right now, with people getting blown up and with the police to squat, the people have need for protection more than the government. And are you new to this country or are you purposely pretending to be an ignoramus? This is Thailand, there's only one authority the military listens too and it isn't the government.

It's nice that you served but you're mistaking the military in your country to the one here.

Astonishing. It could not get any simpler than this. The day after clearly deranged UDD leader publicly 'warned' the army, navy seals in particular not to protect the peaceful protesters Thai police miraculously arrested, guess who, an active Navy Seal . There is ongoing smear campaign against the army and navy seals in particular.

Edited by Mackie
  • Like 1