True internet international link issue, how to resolve instuctions

Bkklocal

Nice try, but not working in the long run.

Reason: their official proxy is frequently down too, because they cannot even manage a proxy server. Try it out, if you are lucky it works for a few days, but when internet stops suddenly again, switch off their proxy server.

The only thing which helps with their broken engineering: use a VPN.

• Like 2

Yeah my internet has been solid for 6 months, gateways go down occasionally - like this time for two days now, and this is the work around that works great, hopefully their gateway systems are back to normal asap. Usually are.

ADSL was much more consistant. 5 years no trouble.

I think it's a little more than that, as I can get to my server in the UK but cannot connect using VPN anymore. Nor can I start a screen sharing connection (with or without VPN) to the server. VPN still works on the DTAC network on my mobile, but I shouldn't have to resort to tethering when I'm paying for True.

There have been no changes to my laptop or the Cisco router in the house. It would appear that HTTP traffic can sometimes make it through but for some reason UDP traffic is either not routing or is blocked.

Quote: "True internet is currently experiencing international gateway issues"

Currently ??? The problem with the inter gateways started in November 2013. My provider also used True inter gateways but after complains they changed, not using True's inter gateways. Problem was solved.

At the office, we have been complaining at True, daily for over a period of 3 weeks, last year. No one at the office could reach our servers located in Europe. 3 weeks impossible to work. Staff was send back home for this period.

Answers from True:

- It is not us, it is your computer.

- Your server in Europe is down. Contact your host in Europe. (I've send them a tracert with the outcome that the problem was their inter gateway)

- Due to protest in Bangkok internet is interupted.

- Bad weather in Singapore.

- Roads in Bangkok are jammed.

- You must use server in Thailand, not in Europe. (We did before. Why do you think, we moved it to Europe ???)

They really don't know shit at True. They just blame something. But they won't take a look at their own failures. Lack of knowledge, know how or whatever you may call it.

We stopped using True at the office in December and filed a lawsuit against them. Good advice, do the same as us.

But still many people in Thailand can't visit our websites. Our Thai customers decreased with 85%.

So since February we also have a Thai server and websites. Not a dot.com but a dot.co.th, fully in Thai.

But we still have to do a lot of advertising, SEO to gain visitors and have our Thai customers come back. Of the 12 staff there are currently only 4 working.

Edited by FredNL

True internet is currently experiencing international gateway issues, resulting in Caching servers trying to load content

It solely in their caching implementation not a network issues.

I guess they trying new caching solution that have many caching server with separated harddisk drive.

And load balancing them with something like

array_of_caching_servers[hash(hostname_of_requested_site)[0]%(number_of_caching_servers)]

but some of caching server maybe down or have serious problem.

Nice try, but not working in the long run.

Reason: their official proxy is frequently down too, because they cannot even manage a proxy server. Try it out, if you are lucky it works for a few days, but when internet stops suddenly again, switch off their proxy server.

The only thing which helps with their broken engineering: use a VPN.

The True hosted proxy is better than nothing. However, if availability concerned for those who not has VPN or run your own proxy of any kind.

You should understand that this problem cause by highly (and poorly) modified TCP port 80 by True.

You can also avoid that by turn on QUIC protocol if you use chrome based browser. (So the traffic sent with UDP) but that works just for google services.

You can try set your computer up in fallback approach like this:

Turn on QUIC in browser for use solely with youtube website (Never mind if you don't use youtube) because youtube consume much bandwidth.

run UltraSurf client on your computer. (This is very custom proxy that route traffic thru Hurricane Electric network.)

UltraSurf will tamper with your proxy setting. Config UltraSurf to make it tamper less with your proxy settings and undo what it did.

Write your PAC (Proxy Automatic Configuration) script (and use it of course)

simple one as an example:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host){

if(/youtube/.test(host))

return "DIRECT"; //(We use QUIC on chrome based browser)

return "PROXY proxy.asianet.co.th:8080; PROXY 127.0.0.1:9666; DIRECT";

//True hosted proxy, UltraSurf, and direct connection fallback respectively

}

The downside of UltraSurf is they break some website by inserting their ads into webpage and modify error pages of target website but as long as True's proxy is not down the traffic won't route thru UltraSurf proxy.

So this add some redundancy for free (Ultrasurf also has servers redundancy in its design)

It's a good idea if you can afford VPN for less hassle.

Currently ??? The problem with the inter gateways started in November 2013. My provider also used True inter gateways but after complains they changed, not using True's inter gateways. Problem was solved.

Could you provide me more details about this. What exactly problem occurred. (Is it happen to http website or something else?)

Their stuffs are very bad at technical issues.

Actually I'm the journalist who wrote (and disclosed) about True hacking late last year result in nation wide XSS on true customers. (I wrote it in Thai so it got pretty much attention from general public even if most of them don't fully understand what's going on.)

Now I think I know what the vulnerability is. It's also exist in True's current implementation too.

I'm working on the journal.

The vulnerability I'm talking about lie on True international gateway.

so I just guess you are using server from somewhere not in Thailand (Singapore may be) with Thai (.co.th) domain?

Can I ask Autonomous System Number that the IP address you are talking about belonged to?

If the address confirmed to be Thai IP address this could nullify my assumption about the vulnerability.

If you have something I can help; you can contact me anytime.(I know lots about Internet issues in Thailand.)

Edited by HaveFun

We have True internet at my residence hotel in CM/Santhitam, and service has really been erratic lately. Worst of all, for me, is I can't get on the Guardian website. Not a great world tragedy, but I hope they clean up whatever is making this crappy service lately.

I have True cable in BKK, and I've noticed just yesterday and today that a lot of webpages seem to be timing out or failing to fully load when directly connected with True and set for automatic DNS.

I haven't tested it thoroughly, but those problems seem to lessen when using a VPN instead of a direct connection.

Wasn't having any of those kinds of problems prior to yesterday. Someone at True obviously forgot to feed their squirrel.

PS - I just tried the Guardian website via VPN and it loaded fine, albeit a bit slowly. Loads OK without VPN as well.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I also have True in BKK. Have same problems with very slow erratic or non-loading of some sites. Guardian pretty much won't load and hangs. The Guardian problem is solved by changing to use the True proxy (proxy.trueinternet.co.th) on port 8080.

However this makes other sites impossible to load so you have to keep switching. Some sites are unreachable with either setting, but if you go through a VPN, say from Hong Kong or USA these sites are accessible again.

This has been going on at a seriously inconvenient level for two or three weeks now.

It's obviously True's failure.

I just reset modem and my routing problems gone. Perhaps I managed to reset modem at the same time they fixed problem.

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms www.asusnetwork.net [192.168.2.1]
2 * * *
3 7 ms 7 ms 8 ms 10.92.225.5
4 8 ms 9 ms 8 ms 119-46-119-58.static.asianet.co.th [119.46.119.8]
5 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 119-46-119-57.static.asianet.co.th [119.46.119.7]
6 10 ms 6 ms 15 ms 61-91-213-225.static.asianet.co.th [61.91.213.25]
7 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms 61-91-213-36.static.asianet.co.th [61.91.213.36
8 9 ms 9 ms 13 ms 61-91-213-130.static.asianet.co.th [61.91.213.10]
9 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms 61.19.15.105
10 9 ms 10 ms 9 ms 61.19.7.221
11 10 ms 12 ms 8 ms 61.19.7.26
12 96 ms 37 ms 38 ms 61.19.9.158
13 36 ms 34 ms 34 ms p133165.sgw.equinix.com [202.79.197.201]
14 35 ms 34 ms 34 ms 103.253.144.238
15 40 ms 36 ms 38 ms 128.199.237.XX

Finally!

Lucky man MURATREMIX. I also tried the router reset and had no luck whatsoever.

MBPR-2014-Akh:~ $ nslookup www.bbc.co.uk

Server: 8.8.8.8

Address: 8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:

www.bbc.co.uk canonical name = www.bbc.net.uk.

Name: www.bbc.net.uk

Address: 212.58.244.66

Name: www.bbc.net.uk

Address: 212.58.244.67

MBPR-2014-Akh:~ $ ping www.bbc.co.uk

PING www.bbc.net.uk (212.58.246.93): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 212.58.246.93: icmp_seq=0 ttl=49 time=289.634 ms

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

64 bytes from 212.58.246.93: icmp_seq=2 ttl=49 time=435.293 ms

64 bytes from 212.58.246.93: icmp_seq=3 ttl=49 time=356.325 ms

64 bytes from 212.58.246.93: icmp_seq=4 ttl=49 time=276.323 ms

64 bytes from 212.58.246.93: icmp_seq=5 ttl=49 time=217.090 ms

64 bytes from 212.58.246.93: icmp_seq=6 ttl=49 time=218.486 ms

^C

--- www.bbc.net.uk ping statistics ---

7 packets transmitted, 6 packets received, 14.3% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 217.090/298.858/435.293/77.088 ms

MBPR-2014-Akh:~ $ traceroute www.bbc.co.uk

traceroute: Warning: www.bbc.co.uk has multiple addresses; using 212.58.246.93

traceroute to www.bbc.net.uk (212.58.246.93), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets

1 * * *

2 * * *

3 * * *

4 * * *

5 * * *

6 * * *

7 * * *

8 * * *

9 * * *

10 * * *

64 * * *

Just came across this thread, and I am still having the same issues as described from above. At first I thought it might be a DNS resolve issue so I tried a couple of different DNS servers. No improvement.

The only way I have been able to make any use out of my True internet connection has been to use a VPN connection - to anywhere. I'm have been using a VPN connection to Singapore and it works fine. For those True internet users who do not have access to a VPN service, their internet service must be close to useless and I would expect there are some very unhappy True customers out there at the moment.

Just came across this thread, and I am still having the same issues as described from above. At first I thought it might be a DNS resolve issue so I tried a couple of different DNS servers. No improvement.

The only way I have been able to make any use out of my True internet connection has been to use a VPN connection - to anywhere. I'm have been using a VPN connection to Singapore and it works fine. For those True internet users who do not have access to a VPN service, their internet service must be close to useless and I would expect there are some very unhappy True customers out there at the moment.

Singapore proxy is easier than vpn and i use it for a long time on permanent basis. No more transparent proxy problems.

The only way I have been able to make any use out of my True internet connection has been to use a VPN connection - to anywhere.

There seems to be two seperate (but probably related) issues with True at the moment:

1. Routing issues

2. Speed issues

The first can be solved with a VPN. The second cannot. I am still getting dial-up speed downloads on my 13/1 ADSL connection in BKK. It's a real pain.

The only way I have been able to make any use out of my True internet connection has been to use a VPN connection - to anywhere.

There seems to be two seperate (but probably related) issues with True at the moment:

1. Routing issues

2. Speed issues

The first can be solved with a VPN. The second cannot. I am still getting dial-up speed downloads on my 13/1 ADSL connection in BKK. It's a real pain.

In my case, using VPN is most certainly creating faster download speeds. This could have something to do with (1) routing issues, and how my connection is routed to the VPN server.

VPN makes a single connection to VPN location and multi threaded download is limited by True's throttling power.

On the other hand, http proxy (if you are downloading from http like me) can use several connections at once, resulting an increased download speed.

I get better speed with http proxy than vpn/pptp or vpn/l2tp or openvpn in same server, using testmy / speedtest / youtube / netflix / flashget downloading.

As we resolved previously, it kind of depends on whether the Thailand-based user needs/wants a U.S. IP address or some other specific country to access geo-restricted content, or they just want fast Internet but aren't impacted by geo-restrictions.

Your way works with a user who doesn't need a U.S. or UK IP (or any other specific country other than Singapore) address. But a VPN like HMA is going to provide the US or UK IP address (or other countries) that users need to access specific geo-restricted content.