Click 125fi Upgrading the suspension

roger101

How much these YSS shocks, I assume coil over shocks with up-rated progressive springs too?

My friend is planning on doing his PCX soon and I am thinking about buying a PCX later this year to do the shopping. I am only 82kg, the Missus 53kg, but plan on fitting some luggage carriers of some kind. So over 150kg all up.

Are you talking about front and rear, or just rear?

My SH has adjustable shocks. The bad thing is i need a special tool for that which is under the seat. My big bike has adjustable shocks that you can change by hand, that's the best but no idea if they exist for pcx. Shops in saphan kwai have a lot of them and are cheap (and busy).

FYI, those thingies you are discussing are more technically referred to as 'struts' not 'shocks' as they bear weight as well as provide dampening, ya.

Beefing up the front suspension is the real challenge.

Edited by papa al

FYI, those thingies you are discussing are more technically referred to as 'struts' not 'shocks' as they bear weight as well as provide dampening, ya.

Beefing up the front suspension is the real challenge.

I don't think so mate a "strut" is a support beam which is in compression, if a shock absorber has a spring over it, which the picture shows, it is a "coil over shock". However, you may be American, in which case you may call it that,.... after all you don't even realise there is more than one "math".rolleyes.gif

5 5

So the wing struts on, say a Cessna 172, work only on compression in England?post-174911-0-63784500-1393841020_thumb.

The famous 'McPhearson strut' is a 'coil over shock', no?

Edited by papa al