Suthep sorry for verbal attacks on police

webfact

POLITICS
Suthep sorry for verbal attacks on police

KHWANHATHAI MALAKAN
THE NATION

BANGKOK -- PROTESTERS yesterday mended fences with police and asked that they speedily and seriously investigate a series of recent attacks that led to the deaths of four children.

National Police chief Pol General Adul Saengsingkaew met four representatives of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) yesterday afternoon and promised to speed up investigations into the deaths of children at rally sites.

Adul met the four representatives inside the Royal Thai Police compound after rally chief Suthep Thaugsuban led protesters who wore black to mourn the deaths of the children to rally there at 10am. Suthep demanded that police speed up their investigations and arrest the attackers whose actions led to the deaths of the four children - two in Bangkok and two in Trat.

Suthep read a statement from the back of a six-wheel truck parked outside the police headquarters, saying police had initially used harsh tactics against the protesters but later changed their methods to comply with the Civil Court's order. Suthep then apologised for his verbal attacks against police.

He could not meet with Adul himself because the PDRC leader has an arrest warrant hanging over his head. The PDRC was thus represented by Chaiwuti Bannawat, Sakoltee Phatthiyakul, Taya Teepsuwan and Chitpas Kridakorn. Adul promised that police would do their best to investigate cases of political violence.

He also asked the four representatives to tell the PDRC to allow police to inspect the scenes at rally sites when violence occurs. He said police were always blocked by security guards from entering the rally sites.

The PDRC protesters said they were happy that Adul came out in person to receive the demands from the four representatives.

The protesters left the front of the Royal Thai Police compound at 1.20pm.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-27

• Like 1

Police need tasers, taser those PDRC guards and haul them to jail if they are blocking the crime scene area.

It's not about access to the crime scene, Other than count the injured and dead! the shots are coming from outside the protest area, Do they need permission of the shooters to gain access to those areas as well?

they haven't made one arrest in relation to the attacks on PDRC protesters, Why?

I think you know the answer .... and I'm pretty sure there will not be any arrests made from the police.

I believe it is because Sutheps masters have ordered him to cut down on his abuse of the police as it is causing, dissatisfaction within the ranks of the military, where pro government factions in the military are questioning the military rumored role in attacking the police for PDRC.

It can only be a response from a military, that comes mainly from the less affluent, more populous North of Thailand!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Leopards and Spots?

Suthep has been a spitting cobra for months, with cop chief Adul being his main non-politician target.

Suthep can be erratic, so let's not assume that he has reformed until another few days of soothing rhetoric has passed.

• Like 1

wondering if he's as sorry for the ongoing assaults and threats by his thugs on members of the public over the past months? Or the protection rackets his guys are running in the markets near the stages?

As Shannon would ask : have you got proof of your assertion that "his guys are running protection rackets "

It's usually the Police that do that :D

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep will say whatever he thinks, because this is truely what is on his mind. However he will say sorry later, after the damage has been done.

I would rather trust a hungry crocodile than this evilly corrupt man.

I would rather trust a hungry crocodile than this corrupt government.

I fully understand that the people have had enough.

Edited by andygunther

Makes sense for Suthep to reach out to the police, in the next few days the police will be supporting a new regime and a new era begins, Suthep understands the long game.

Suthep has given Yingluck a new word to use. Not that she will of course, once she finds out what sorry means!!!

• Like 1

Can someone please help me out... when you call a Thai a Lizard or a brainless Buffalo I believe these are among the most deeply insulting forms of abuse you can use on other Thais (maybe I am wrong)... but I understand it can result in the recipient of the insults / offense most likely assaulting or even killing you... I guess it is understandable there would some reluctance to then assist those same people particularly when their own colleagues are being shot at and killed by other uniformed agencies with apparent full blessing if there is any proportionate reaction to violence against them. No amount of spin can eliminate human nature.

When you call an entire Police Force (they did not exclude anyone) disgusting lizards then vandalize signage, deface their Royal Seal and desecrate the merit making regalia associated with the unformed (albeit titular) commander of the RTP (Remembering of course what the "R" stands for) I guess it can be easily and quickly forgiven and full support for the rule of law re-instated with a simple word spoken from the back of a rally truck surrounded by truckloads of anarchistic armed guards. Meanwhile the same derogatory vitriol continues on the surrounding protest stages... I can understand that many Thais don't read history which often is said to repeat itself.

post-199215-0-97774700-1393472787_thumb.

post-199215-0-41576800-1393472858_thumb.

Edited by Bkk Cruiser
  • Like 2

Police need tasers, taser those PDRC guards and haul them to jail if they are blocking the crime scene area.

It's not about access to the crime scene, Other than count the injured and dead! the shots are coming from outside the protest area, Do they need permission of the shooters to gain access to those areas as well?

they haven't made one arrest in relation to the attacks on PDRC protesters, Why?

Have the pop corn killers been arrested? Hitmen in this country are protected by important people on both sides and even if caught don't go to jail.

Have the pop corn killers been arrested? Hitmen in this country are protected by important people on both sides and even if caught don't go to jail.

Your not wrong! That is the problem in this country is it not?

Why?

Explain to me why you think or rather promote violence to solve a Thai problem?

TIT remember?

I have nothing against people demonstrating in a foreign country.

I have a lot against people rumbling 'the tuff guy' solutions anywhere in the world, since everywhere in the past in any country vilolent behavior only fuels the opportunists and madmen.

Thank you have a peaceful day

• Like 1

hard when the crime scene is blocked... (btw, what does that tell you ?)

what it tells me is that this is just another excuse for the BiB not to do their job. How are shooters allowed anywhere near the protest sites if the BiB were doing their job. They aren't. So the Army will.

why would the army deploy troops with 117 checkpoints if it is not to do the job the BiB are supposed to do?

Even with the end game being played out before your own eyes, all you reds refuse to see the reality of the situation. Even you're rhetoric makes me thing intellectually you are all making fools of yourselves!

Cheers!

hard when the crime scene is blocked... (btw, what does that tell you ?)

what it tells me is that this is just another excuse for the BiB not to do their job. How are shooters allowed anywhere near the protest sites if the BiB were doing their job. They aren't. So the Army will.

why would the army deploy troops with 117 checkpoints if it is not to do the job the BiB are supposed to do?

Even with the end game being played out before your own eyes, all you reds refuse to see the reality of the situation. Even you're rhetoric makes me thing intellectually you are all making fools of yourselves!

Cheers!

Fools they certainly are - just how much so will be revealed in the coming week or two!!

• Like 1

Suthep with this apology is softening his stance with the police, as part of a continual endeavour to forge a peaceful resolution to the conflict. The police are the administration's trump card - but with their own viability being questioned on a daily basis due to the legal and constitutional challenges it faces - the police can see that nothing will be accomplished by conflict. Indeed, the sooner this is settled by the courts the better.

Edited by Scamper

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

baton charge the lot of them

This perfectly sums up why the UDD/Pheu Thai alliance cannot win.

When confronted with opposition hit it, taser it, shoot it and hope it goes away.

The mass of unaligned Thai people are not blind and every day this rhetoric, backed up with shootings and grenade attacks, continues, the less support there is for 'the reds' and the PDRC's proposals become more attractive.

Suthep has got a lot of apologizing to do, apologize to the family's of the 90+ people killed under his command in 2010, apologize to the thai people for the massive and endemic levels of corruption under his government, apologize to Yingluck for the cowardly dig at her 10 year old son, apologize to Thailand for dividing it in half, apologize for being born

• Like 1

So where are your "shots" coming from then? The PDRC "guards" and their leader - the wanted criminal - have no authority over anybody.

you mean gun fire exchange just like the "2 hour firefight" a few days ago - PDRC guards firing at unarmed people for 2 hours yes ???

I think the police should deploy snipers and if any of these "guards" are firing their weapons again at other unarmed Thais and teenagers - who have the same right to protest or challenge them verbally - then the police snipers should take them out.

These are murderers and nothing else -who have no right or authority to carry or fire lethal weapons in public!

And here is what the army had to say about the reported 2 hour "firefight":

Shooting was reported from Pratunam, Rajaprasong, Pathumwan and near Chulalongkorn University on Henri Dunant Road over two hours. It is said that “many witnesses and reporters” saying that PDRC “guards were seen firing at unidentified gunmen.” Several media outlets have reported on this events including here in TV.

Maj.Gen. Warah Boonyasit, commander of the 1st King′s Guards Infantry Division, told reporters today that there was no shootout between opposing forces that night.

Maj.Gen. Warah claimed the incident was “merely” about PCAD guards shooting at drunken men - who threw fireworks at their checkpoints - in order to chase them away….

“It wasn′t a gunbattle, and no one was injured,” Maj.Gen. Warah said, “It was only shooting to scare off the drunken individuals“

A separate shooting incident at the Makkawan Bridge is also explained by Warah, who claims “it was caused by a group of teenagers on motorcycles who approached a PCAD campsite to ‘harass’ the protesters.” He adds that the PDRC guards “responded by firing their guns at the group and managed to drive them away from the rally site…” - if they never reached the site how do they know thye wanted to "harass" them? Challenging them verbally is met with gun fire??

He continued:

“I′d like to ask the media, especially the TV media, not to portray the news as fierce gun battle between unidentified forces,” the army commander told reporters, “Let me insist that our soldiers kept guard at every location. No such thing happened”.

So whats next you leave your home or walk near a protest site unauthorized and you are shot at??

I think the police needs to get tough with these criminals and if they fire lethal weapons at other Thai citizens - warn them to cease their illegal action and if they do not comply then take them out - this would happen in other democratic country if you carry weapons and fire them without any authority to do so.

So where are your "shots" coming from then? The PDRC "guards" and their leader - the wanted criminal - have no authority over anybody.

you mean gun fire exchange just like the "2 hour firefight" a few days ago - PDRC guards firing at unarmed people for 2 hours yes ???

I think the police should deploy snipers and if any of these "guards" are firing their weapons again at other unarmed Thais and teenagers - who have the same right to protest or challenge them verbally - then the police snipers should take them out.

These are murderers and nothing else -who have no right or authority to carry or fire lethal weapons in public!

And here is what the army had to say about the reported 2 hour "firefight":

Shooting was reported from Pratunam, Rajaprasong, Pathumwan and near Chulalongkorn University on Henri Dunant Road over two hours. It is said that “many witnesses and reporters” saying that PDRC “guards were seen firing at unidentified gunmen.” Several media outlets have reported on this events including here in TV.

Maj.Gen. Warah Boonyasit, commander of the 1st King′s Guards Infantry Division, told reporters today that there was no shootout between opposing forces that night.

Maj.Gen. Warah claimed the incident was “merely” about PCAD guards shooting at drunken men - who threw fireworks at their checkpoints - in order to chase them away….

“It wasn′t a gunbattle, and no one was injured,” Maj.Gen. Warah said, “It was only shooting to scare off the drunken individuals“

A separate shooting incident at the Makkawan Bridge is also explained by Warah, who claims “it was caused by a group of teenagers on motorcycles who approached a PCAD campsite to ‘harass’ the protesters.” He adds that the PDRC guards “responded by firing their guns at the group and managed to drive them away from the rally site…” - if they never reached the site how do they know thye wanted to "harass" them? Challenging them verbally is met with gun fire??

He continued:

“I′d like to ask the media, especially the TV media, not to portray the news as fierce gun battle between unidentified forces,” the army commander told reporters, “Let me insist that our soldiers kept guard at every location. No such thing happened”.

So whats next you leave your home or walk near a protest site unauthorized and you are shot at??

I think the police needs to get tough with these criminals and if they fire lethal weapons at other Thai citizens - warn them to cease their illegal action and if they do not comply then take them out - this would happen in other democratic country if you carry weapons and fire them without any authority to do so.

And the killing of five children is what?

Suthep then apologised for his verbal attacks against police.

He could not meet with Adul himself because the PDRC leader has an arrest warrant hanging over his head.

cheesy.gif

= "I'm really sorry but I can't say it your face 'cause you'll arrest me for something else."

Suthep then apologised for his verbal attacks against police.

He could not meet with Adul himself because the PDRC leader has an arrest warrant hanging over his head.

cheesy.gif

= "I'm really sorry but I can't say it your face 'cause you'll arrest me for something else."

Well at least he talks to people and can say sorry - Yingluck does neither as she doesn't know what she is talking about and is never wrong, so needn't say sorry!!!!