Reds besiege NACC HQ as PM Yingluck gets hero's welcome in North

webfact

We know for a fact that there has been a fictitious government to government deal with China - statements from the NACC

And we know for a fact that the scheme has lost hundreds of billions of baht - Statements from the head civil servant that was removed from her post for speaking out, reports from a number of respected publications such as Reuters and Bloomberg

And we know for a fact that there are millions of tonnes of rice unaccounted for - statments from the government about a missing 2 million tonnes

And we know for a fact that the farmers have seen the smallest fraction of the funds - Bangkok Post, The Nation etc.

And we know for a fact that rice has been imported from neighbouring countries to be sold into the scheme - see the BBC report on imports from Myanmar

So before you unleash all your usual "elitist" "coup" nonsense, consider the facts that are in the public domain

" I have requested anti-government people to post how many billions were lost, and from when in the government budget it was lost from." Do you not see that despite any rice sales, the BAAC is 500 billion in debt? Farmers are owed an additional 130 billion baht and the government declared stock piles of 12 million tonnes is worth a market price of 132 billion?

"I know as a fact the NACC has only charged Yingluck with, "Negligence in preforming her job" I think you will find that she has been charged with dereliction of duty and malfeasance

"We know for a fact..."

Facts self-servingly stated by the Opposition may be facts....so expose them in Parliament, subject to counter arguments and electoral review. If they are all as egregious as they claim, voters have a way of rendering judgment in subsequent elections...Or at least that is the way it works in mature Electoral Democracies.

Same as the Post-2006 coup demonization of Thaksin by the coupists attempting to justify themselves, didn't fly...the voters knew the score and knew the source. They rendered judgment on all of that, and voted accordingly.

No amount of denigration of voters by unelectables is applicable. No political system is perfect, and neither is Thailand.

Unless one shows a better way to select majorities to govern the country, those are the rules which applies in an imperfect Electoral Democracy such as Thailand....The coup-mongering anti-Democracy, minority rule stuff does not.

Maybe you weren't here at the time.....

The Dems DID present this to the house during a censure debate - that is why we are here

Why on earth do you persist with your "coup" "coup" "elitist" "elitist" nonsense when it's not part of the debate?

What the hell does "No amount of denigration of voters by unelectables is applicable." mean?

"What the hell does "No amount of denigration of voters by unelectables is applicable." mean?

When one respectfully discusses the effectiveness of the Thai electorate who vote admirably in the face of mainstream media supporting the Elites, unelectables will often denigrate them, for self-evident reasons.

Also when defending the effectiveness of Electoral Democracy, some PAD-Dem's will often arrogantly dismiss voters as being uni-dimensional focused only on Thaksin, or deride educational levels of voters as a way of negating their vote.

My point being that none of this denigration is applicable when attacking Electoral Democracy. Thailand has a pretty good level of informed and politicized electorate. The system of Electoral democracy works well, contrary to what one hears on the Bangkok streets these days from you know who.

In expectation of those using the vote buying thing to denigrate voters, it has been shown that it is done on all sides, and that even if there had been no vote buying by any side, the results would have been the same.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We know for a fact that there has been a fictitious government to government deal with China - statements from the NACC

And we know for a fact that the scheme has lost hundreds of billions of baht - Statements from the head civil servant that was removed from her post for speaking out, reports from a number of respected publications such as Reuters and Bloomberg

And we know for a fact that there are millions of tonnes of rice unaccounted for - statments from the government about a missing 2 million tonnes

And we know for a fact that the farmers have seen the smallest fraction of the funds - Bangkok Post, The Nation etc.

And we know for a fact that rice has been imported from neighbouring countries to be sold into the scheme - see the BBC report on imports from Myanmar

So before you unleash all your usual "elitist" "coup" nonsense, consider the facts that are in the public domain

" I have requested anti-government people to post how many billions were lost, and from when in the government budget it was lost from." Do you not see that despite any rice sales, the BAAC is 500 billion in debt? Farmers are owed an additional 130 billion baht and the government declared stock piles of 12 million tonnes is worth a market price of 132 billion?

"I know as a fact the NACC has only charged Yingluck with, "Negligence in preforming her job" I think you will find that she has been charged with dereliction of duty and malfeasance

"We know for a fact..."

Facts self-servingly stated by the Opposition may be facts....so expose them in Parliament, subject to counter arguments and electoral review. If they are all as egregious as they claim, voters have a way of rendering judgment in subsequent elections...Or at least that is the way it works in mature Electoral Democracies.

Same as the Post-2006 coup demonization of Thaksin by the coupists attempting to justify themselves, didn't fly...the voters knew the score and knew the source. They rendered judgment on all of that, and voted accordingly.

No amount of denigration of voters by unelectables is applicable. No political system is perfect, and neither is Thailand.

Unless one shows a better way to select majorities to govern the country, those are the rules which applies in an imperfect Electoral Democracy such as Thailand....The coup-mongering anti-Democracy, minority rule stuff does not.

The Dems DID present this to the house during a censure debate - that is why we are here

Why on earth do you persist with your "coup" "coup" "elitist" "elitist" nonsense when it's not part of the debate?

What the hell does "No amount of denigration of voters by unelectables is applicable." mean?

"What the hell does "No amount of denigration of voters by unelectables is applicable." mean?

When one respectfully discusses the effectiveness of the Thai electorate who vote admirably in the face of mainstream media supporting the Elites, unelectables will often denigrate them, for self-evident reasons.

Also when defending the effectiveness of Electoral Democracy, some PAD-Dem's will often arrogantly dismiss voters as being uni-dimensional focused only on Thaksin, or deride educational levels of voters as a way of negating their vote.

My point being that none of this denigration is applicable when attacking Electoral Democracy. Thailand has a pretty good level of informed and politicized electorate. The system of Electoral democracy works well, contrary to what one hears on the Bangkok streets these days from you know who.

In expectation of those using the vote buying thing to denigrate voters, it has been shown that it is done on all sides, and that even if there had been no vote buying by any side, the results would have been the same.

Good and plausible debating from both sides.....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've got a little black book with my poems in......

Yingluck sat on an old wooden stool and placed her head in her hands,

She thought how did I get to be here? in the position I am?,

I'm up for corruption and murder and similar,

I'm now as popular as Heinrich Himmler

The country's in 2, Isn't it Poo,

and there's not a lot else you can do.

She thought of her brother, her clone and her caddy,

Who urged her to pay a high price for the paddy,

And where is he now that the shit's hit the fan?

He's out in Dubai - where I'll be when I'm banned.

You'd rather a coup, wouldn't you Poo,

Cos there's not a lot else you can do

My brother said amnesty's just the solution

It will free me and several mates in profusion,

We can call it a reconciliation bill,

And use our majority to acheive our will

It wasn't thought through in the least was it Poo?

Cos there's nothing much left you can do

I like it! Clever..ought to brief Andrew Dice Clay on her- see what sorta rhymes & poetry he can interpret!!!!

"We know for a fact..."

Are you from Pakistan?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"...in a bid to prevent the agency from pursuing a corruption case against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra"

I would question this motive as stated.

No-one can expect this NACC to stop doing what they are doing....Given their Opposition-friendly history, especially on display in this case, the motive is more clearly to focus attention on that fact.

As with that phony PAD-Dem oriented NIDA Pol ruminating about Neutral Prime Ministers, the notion that the very popular and powerful choice for Prime Minister by the electoral majority, will somehow be denied, is like waving a red flag in front of the PTP/UDD/RS's(no pun intended).

The fact this NACC is ruminating about this, as well as that NIDA thing, is all seen as playing the "coup-monger and Elitist" fiddle.

I would therefore postulate that the motive is to draw attention to this lack of Independence, and to the motivational roots of this NACC, rather than trying to prevent them from doing what they and Elitist friends are intending to do.

Just hope they got caskets big enough for these NACC bums with their overinflated egos. How do the protest leaders with arrest warrants on their heads, and Suthep with murder charges and never shows up in court to answer for them and not one word in the news about that bum Abhisit and his murder charges. Name one single positive thing that he did for Thailand while in office? Spent all his time chasing Thaksin without any success.

As you only want one of the many positive things Abhisit and Suthep as his deputy while they were in office, how about :

Raising the age of free education from 12 to 15 years.

Kikoman, do you dare to come out and openly say on TV that you think the rice scheme is a succesful, corruption free program that helps the farmers as well as the country?

Kikoman may reply in due course, but let me also retort, if you don't mind.

Agricultural price support programs are never intended to be profit-oriented. They are Policy oriented programs focusing on specific agricultural sectors....This is for the purposes of helping farmers as well as the country.....I am sure the PAD-dem's appreciated similar efforts in the past dealing, with rubber. I understand at one point in a a pre-Thaksin Govt., the govt. of the day dictated that Rubber could only be farmed in the South.

The principle concern by farmers about this rice thing, was the financial impediments the Elitists threw up to prevent making payments as scheduled...All for political purposes, belying their sudden conversion to huge political concerns for this agricultural sector and these constituents, and to foster their coupist intentions.

With respect to the self-serving, oft-charged corruption thing the Opposition tries to lay exclusively at the feet of the elected Govt., an analysis involving all elements would be in order, including the PAD-Dem Bureaucracy constituency.

And if such humongous levels of corruption be discovered and responsibilities assigned, a thorough vetting in Parliament may be called for.

Thereafter the voters would act accordingly......An expression of which is currently being impeded by the Opposition for reasons we can all speculate about....In fact, the electorate is in the process of voting their views, including this rice thing....One cannot complain that the electorate was not informed before they voted, considering the noise made by the Opposition.

Finish the election and tabulate the votes.

I'm talking about rice

You're talking about rubber, coups (there's a surprise), elitists (another surprise), and throw together a collection of polysyllabic vocabulary without the required glue of syntax - what the hell is "PAD-Dem Bureaucracy constituency"?

"....what the hell is "PAD-Dem Bureaucracy constituency"?

LOL......It is well known that the Bureaucracy is a constituency of the PAD-dem's.......My point being that one needs to look beyond demonizing Politicians for self-serving reasons, and look past their policy levels to its' implementation by that Bureaucracy.

The PAD-Dem's typically dump all over Politicians from the opposing side, when there is a whiff of corruption in the air. Upon analysis however, it can often be shown that the corruption occurred at ground level where the bureaucracy functions.........It is noteworthy that these Opposition sources seldom focus on their own constituency when it comes to corruption, for self-evident reasons.

There are many who will argue that the Thai bureaucracy is the primary source of Govtl. corruption.

I'm on my phone now so dealing with reams of typed verbiage is as cumbersome as reading it.

" It is well known that the Bureaucracy is a constituency of the PAD-dem's"

Explain what you are saying here. Are you inferring that the civil service politically favours the dems?

" look past their policy levels to its' implementation by that Bureaucracy."

What does this mean? Are you saying we should not be looking at the government's policies but how they are implemented?

" The PAD-Dem's typically dump all over Politicians from the opposing side, when there is a whiff of corruption in the air."

That's the job of the opposition.

" Upon analysis however, it can often be shown that the corruption occurred at ground level where the bureaucracy functions......"

So you're saying that the corruption is all at civil service level. What about these government to government deals?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ask not what your Country can do for you , but ask what can you do for YOUR Country …start with ridding Thailand of the parasitic corrupt so called leaders would be a good start….but the reds are so idiotic they just don’t get it bah.gif

Stoopid reds, they shouldn't even be allowed to vote!

REALLY, should they have to wear a star on their cloths? should there be red's only restaurant's? and reds only waiting rooms?

hotels and hospitals? should they all be herded up into trains and be sent off too the showers? DISGUSTING COMMENT, YOU WITH YOUR LIKES.

Keyboard tough guy, even the whistle blowing tomboy in Chiang Mai has courage enough to protest and tell YL what she thinks in crowd of her supporters, But I'll wager you don't have any thing like that kind of backbone.

I say if people wish to block the courts then ok, it's the courts that let this Jeanne out of the bottle, and it will prove far more difficult to put it back in, som num nar...

Or will the courts rule that these protesters are not "peaceful protesters" and have them arrested?

I was joking ;)

And I can understand how you could find it believable too.

• Like 1