Strong contender for BEST PIZZA in CM

daoyai

If you like pizza and I know you do,.... I had the best pizza in memory last night at a newish place on Tha Pae road called Street Pizza. I don't know why it is named that but it is. It is contemporary Italian thin crust style with good choices of toppings, including venison sausage and asparagus, the pesto mushroom pizza was great. Not cheap by CM standards but worth the extra cost for the quality. Wood fired oven, nice ambiance, friendly staff. Tha Pae rd. near The Spice Indian shop.... my favorite in town.

• Like 1

Hope it is OK to speculate on a new shop :)

I met a guy named Con at Sausage King and he told me he is going to open a pizza shop in the Mae Jo area (past the University?) this coming April. The guy is of Italian decent and said he makes all of his sauces and does not use additives/preservatives. I forgot if the shop's name will be Con's or Toon's but I am looking forward to this new pizza shop :)

• Like 1

Last week I took some friends to the Pizza Hut in Kad Suan Keow. The pizza was fine, but I waited a while for the traditional tomato sauce to be put on the table (OK - ketchup if you want to use the Dutch word) , but nothing doing.

So I called the waiter over and asked for some, and a few minutes later, a small bowl was placed on the table - for five of us!

Considering how the Thais even supply heaps of the stuff for chips etc. I was amazed. I was assured that Pizza Hut did not have bottles.

Moving to Street pizza thanks and I'll try there. wai2.gif

Ketchup on pizza? whistling.gif

Who the hell puts ketchup on a Pizza ?? blink.png VERY WEIRD and I dont think anyone would expect a Pizzeria to have a bottle of ketchup on the table or even in the shop. LOL

Well that poster was talking about a Thai run place and yeah, the Thais love their condiments. But for a fellow Westerner to use it does surprise me. But, it was his Dime, so have at it :)

A bit like the "Chinese" food we are usually served in the US, it has been adapted to our tastes. When I actually ate real chinese food in China, it was not even close (to the US version) and VERY delicious :)

Who the hell puts ketchup on a Pizza ?? blink.png VERY WEIRD and I dont think anyone would expect a Pizzeria to have a bottle of ketchup on the table or even in the shop. LOL

Well that poster was talking about a Thai run place and yeah, the Thais love their condiments. But for a fellow Westerner to use it does surprise me. But, it was his Dime, so have at it smile.png

A bit like the "Chinese" food we are usually served in the US, it has been adapted to our tastes. When I actually ate real chinese food in China, it was not even close (to the US version) and VERY delicious smile.png

I've seen Europeans doing the 'ketchup on pizza' thing too, and mixing a beer with Schweppes.

Well that poster was talking about a Thai run place and yeah, the Thais love their condiments. But for a fellow Westerner to use it does surprise me. But, it was his Dime, so have at it smile.png

A bit like the "Chinese" food we are usually served in the US, it has been adapted to our tastes. When I actually ate real chinese food in China, it was not even close (to the US version) and VERY delicious smile.png

I've seen Europeans doing the 'ketchup on pizza' thing too, and mixing a beer with Schweppes.

My 5 year old son insists on ketchup with his pizza. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it.

Don't let him drink schweppes......

It's Pizza Hut pizza. It helps take the nasty taste away.

• Like 1

Street Pizza has actually been open quite a while. They had a stint in Kalare Night Bazaar before moving to Tha Pae Road.

I agree with the OP, for me they are probably the best, mainly down to diversity of rarely seen (in CM) toppings. Plus i prefer a thin to medium crust over a thick crust.

Their product and Dukes is quite different, so it all comes down to personal preference when handing out that famous Best Pizza trophy.

• Like 1

the first time i saw anyone do that was in Romania. and everyone in Romania puts ketchup on their pizza which is weird.

If you are at Promenada you may want to try one of the delicious pizzas from Wine Connections.

In my opinion one of the best pizzas in Chiang Mai.

They have a promotion until 6p.m.: pizza plus coke for B149++

Impressum: Based on my previous postings I may add that I am not the owner of Wine Connections, nor is my wife, nor my family, nor my friends. And I don't know someone personally with a financial interest in this company. I am only a happy customer and enjoy their delicious pizza!

I have found that when it comes to pizza, there is no agreement as to what constitutes "good" or "best" pizza. However, I think it's easier to agree on what makes "bad" pizza, and for that I give the trophy to the above-mentioned Pizza Hut at KSK. Abominable. The only worse pizza I've ever had was in a local place that used to be at the next intersection north of Mee Chok Plaza. It shared a corner lot with an OK coffee shop that never had any customers. Both shops have now closed, fortunately for the public.

In the US, Pizza Hut is not great, but about as good as most of the national chains. The one here is just awful, and cheap generic ketchup might even improve their offerings.

I really don't like to knock local businesses, but this place deserves special mention.

he did not go to a pizzeria, he went to pizza hut. to my mind he had lost all credibility even before he mentioned the "traditional tomato sauce"

the first time i saw anyone do that was in Romania. and everyone in Romania puts ketchup on their pizza which is weird.

Not if you like Ketchup and dislike Pizza.

Pizza shouldn't need ketchup but there's plenty of crap pizza about like Pizza Hut.

In America, Pizza Hut is considered crap pizza. In Thailand it is one of the best. However, it is way too expensive for what you get. You get a lot more pizza at the Duke's for a lot less money and it is better on top of that.

Edited by Ulysses G.

awwww. be nice!!!

anyway, the first pizza I ever had was in a place called ITALIA, in the city of ROMA, and it had tomato sauce with it!

Thought those guys might know.

Anyway, it will be interesting to try the suggestions of members and go exploring.