Australian actor Sullivan Stapleton seriously injured while filming US TV series in Thailand

webfact

Australian actor Sullivan Stapleton seriously injured while filming US TV series in Thailand
By MARIA LEWIS

BANGKOK: -- Australian actor Sullivan Stapleton has been seriously injured in an accident in Thailand.

The 36-year-old star of the upcoming sequel 300: Rise of an Emprie was filming US television series Strike Back in Bangkok.

He was said to be exploring the country during his down time on the Cinemax series when the accident occurred.

The injury details aren't known, but Stapleton's publicist told the Sydney Morning Herald that he was 'resting comfortably and on his way to a full recovery'.

'We appreciate all of the well-wishes and support,' the publicist said in a statement.

Production on the physically demanding series has been pushed back six months to give him enough time to recover, as he performs his own stunts on the show.

A spokesman for Cinemax said the series would continue to film around him in Thailand but its second block of filming, in Hungary, would be delayed.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2568870/Australian-actor-Sullivan-Stapleton-seriously-injured-filming-US-TV-series-Thailand.html

-- Daily Mail 2014-02-27

Another drunken Aussie comes to grief when removed from the nanny state.

I find it amusing poms love calling Aussies softies when you've been getting owned at sport in recent months tongue.png

Convicts vs The Poms! Bring it on biggrin.png

Granted, in recent times the English sports teams have not really excelled at anything (apart from the last Olympics) but surely you cannot be classing cricket as a sport. tongue.png

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

"He was said to be exploring the country during his down time on the Cinemax series when the accident occurred."

One of the newspapers said it occurred in Bangkok. Why didn't they just say that?

The accident must be pretty embarrassing for the details to hushed up. But like all stories in the era of social media, the truth will be out shortly. In any event I hope the injury was not too serious.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I find it amusing poms love calling Aussies softies when you've been getting owned at sport in recent months tongue.png

I think the last few years, The Shackledraggers have been the ones being owned, but never mind tongue.png . Some drunk Bogan falling off a Tuk Tuk, and it makes the news. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Granted, in recent times the English sports teams have not really excelled at anything (apart from the last Olympics) but surely you cannot be classing cricket as a sport. tongue.png

Apart from 1 day Internationals--when I want to get to sleep quick I put a recorded cricket match on.. those soothing voices, R.Ben/J.Arl

topped with a strong brandy coffee.

Football and tennis comes to mind, doing well in these??wink.png --- 1 or 2 swimmers and Sally Pierson --that's it.whistling.gif

Apart from 1 day Internationals--when I want to get to sleep quick I put a recorded cricket match on.. those soothing voices, R.Ben/J.Arl

topped with a strong brandy coffee.

Football and tennis comes to mind, doing well in these??wink.png --- 1 or 2 swimmers and Sally Pierson --that's it.whistling.gif

Err, Numbers 2 and 4 in golf. World Cup. US Masters, world matchplay You want to review your post.

US series? In the first place, it's based on a fictional UK agency. In the second place, in true True fashion, their programming department is unable to differentiate between a series and a serial, hence, with showtimes, and episodes, all over the place, they manage to render Strike Back and any similar programme not worth watching.

We finally let them win an Ashes series so they don't cry or take their bat and ball home and this is the thanks we get. smile.png

there wouldn't be an ashes series if England didn't lose... And keep losing. Oh the irony.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

70-35 in the two Olympics wasn't it?

It's a British team rather than English at the Olympics I think you'll find. But yes Britain did have an outstanding Olympics whereas Aussie had a rotten one. They don't really count as a soccer nation and the British and Irish Lions tour went rather well too. How long is it since they beat NZ for the Bledisloe cup?

The do well in Rugby League and that strange version of something they play, a sort of cross between gaelic football and netball - which no one else bothers to play.

Their cricket team got lashed in England and then lashed a poor England team in Aussie. 1 each then.

Sullivan Stapleton is, IMO a good actor and Strike Back is an entertaining series so hopefully he not badly injured. Boys will be boys when out in Thailand!