Suthep says he is ready to talk to Yingluck

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And what sort of right has the Dusit Puppet to demand these sorts of things? Oh, that's right: none. Let's face it he's an intellectual midget next to her (remind me what educational levels he reached) but he can out-thug her anytime of course. Why on earth should she sit in the same room as someone who has threatened to have her and her family eradicated?

Same rights the red brigade had to have a live debate with Abhisit in 2010.

No double standards, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

That was 2010. Have you encountered a calendar recently? Why are some folks unable to post without pointless tit-for-tat from the past? So do you reckon Pibun should've had a debate with Pridi in 1946 - because it's all related to today. How about in 1932?

Maybe we all should learn from history ?

• Like 2

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good idea. Hold it at the police headquarters please and when he's done, arrest him as he has an arrest warrant for murder still outstanding.

I dont think there is an arrest warrant for suthep for murder, neither is there an arrest warrant for Yingluck for the slaughter of innocent children......yet

Protestors have filed charges against yingluck for murder.

Your right though. No arrest warrants for murder.

More rhetorical BS from the propaganda machine.

Unless there's paperwork evidence, such as written orders implicating Yingluck/Suthep/Abhisit, then none of them will ever see the charges come to anything.

I somehow can't see any of them telling the Army/Navy/Police.. "I want you to smash these demostarations with an iron fist and kill as many people as it takes " and have it all documented, there will be fall guys for that, whoever was in charge of the Army/Navy/Police etc will be the ones who take the fall, they're the ones who have to prove they received their orders from above, not the other way around.

Good, a long overdue move, and live on TV so any deal is transparent.

Reminiscent of the televised negotiations in 2010, hope it's more successful, this time.

But leave her the right to Skype phone-a-friend ? rolleyes.gif

This really should have happened ages ago. Not sure if a one to one debate is such a good idea because it might be a bit of a mis-match. Suthep is a politician and Yingluck isn't. Maybe they should have 'seconds'......it would be interesting to see who they chose.

She will reject it. There's no way she can have a talk 'live' on TV. She will need 'advice' from overseas and love him or hate him, Suthep has more charisma than her. Of course, she could always cry on live TV. That way the stupid people can say Suthep bullied her. whistling.gif

I never thought I would hear Suthep and charisma in the same sentence.

You should seriously think about doing stand up comedy. People would roll around the floor laughing at your comments.

Why not? When Suthep speaks, he's fiery. And he when he's sarcastic, you can feel the sting. Ask the drunkard.

Yingluck? Teleprompter needed and she's like a boring professor reading, you just want to snoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Only gets interesting when she starts crying. Boohoo.

Maybe someone should do a side-by-side video of Suthep and Hitler speaking. The face expression, the movement of the hands and the tone of his speeches are exactly those of the madman Hitler and the gullible masses falling for him is a perfect example.

Call the masses gullible and you think the rice scheme has no corruption because yingluck said so…Go figure.

And what sort of right has the Dusit Puppet to demand these sorts of things? Oh, that's right: none. Let's face it he's an intellectual midget next to her (remind me what educational levels he reached) but he can out-thug her anytime of course. Why on earth should she sit in the same room as someone who has threatened to have her and her family eradicated?

Are you claiming Yingluck is an intellectual AND has high education levels? Seriously?

Feel free to tell the University of Kentucky that their Masters Degree is worthless. Whether you like her or not it's an accredited university in the USA that has standing. Who to believe? The US national system that provides that accreditation or some anonymous farang on Thai Visa.

I thought about it for a fraction of a second and decided to go with the US system.

Yinglucks first sentence -English spoken is the dead give away something went wrong with her Degree/English ???

I have not a masters in Thai -nothing but my Thai is better than her masters/English.

POLITICAL IMPASSE
Yingluck shoots down Suthep's offer to talk

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban offered on Thursday to hold one-on-one talks with caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra on the condition that this is broadcast live.

Suthep had earlier vowed only to talk to fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, the older brother of Yingluck, who he accuses of being behind the rampant corruption and abuse of power in the country. He and the protesters, who have been on the streets since November, have vowed to bring down the Thaksin Regime.

Suthep said at a rally site that he is ready to sit down and talk with Yingluck but this has to be oneonone and broadcast live on all television channels.

Suthep's offer was shot down a few hours later by Yingluck, who is in Chiang Rai on an official visit to oversee bush fires problems. Yingluck told reporters that she wants to ask Suthep whether he is ready to hold talks under the framework of the Constitution or not.

"Moreover is Khun Suthep ready to halt the protests so that the election can proceed according to the principles of democracy?" she asked.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-27

POLITICAL IMPASSE

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban offered on Thursday to hold one-on-one talks with caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra on the condition that this is broadcast live.

Suthep had earlier vowed only to talk to fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, the older brother of Yingluck, who he accuses of being behind the rampant corruption and abuse of power in the country. He and the protesters, who have been on the streets since November, have vowed to bring down the Thaksin Regime.

Suthep said at a rally site that he is ready to sit down and talk with Yingluck but this has to be oneonone and broadcast live on all television channels.

Suthep's offer was shot down a few hours later by Yingluck, who is in Chiang Rai on an official visit to oversee bush fires problems. Yingluck told reporters that she wants to ask Suthep whether he is ready to hold talks under the framework of the Constitution or not.

"Moreover is Khun Suthep ready to halt the protests so that the election can proceed according to the principles of democracy?" she asked.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-27

By fear of being ridiculed in front of the whole world!

• Like 1

POLITICAL IMPASSE

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-27

Suthep's offer was shot down a few hours later by Yingluck, who is in Chiang Rai on an official visit to oversee bush fires problems

Roadworks supervisor, produce checker, toilet upgrade mechanic and now we can add fireman to her impressive resume! Well done Yingluck! clap2.gif

Are you claiming Yingluck is an intellectual AND has high education levels? Seriously?

Feel free to tell the University of Kentucky that their Masters Degree is worthless. Whether you like her or not it's an accredited university in the USA that has standing. Who to believe? The US national system that provides that accreditation or some anonymous farang on Thai Visa.

I thought about it for a fraction of a second and decided to go with the US system.

Suthep has a M.A. Political Sciences, Middle Tennessee State University, USA. I think that makes them equal on the educational front. But Suthep can actually use his educational achievements whereas Yingluck can't. I wonder why?

I don't think the Gestapo of the 1930's -1945 were the cheering types, they were the secret police, and tended to keep it that way.

Stop watching too many Holywood movies, making comparisons to Thailand now and Nazi Germany in the 1930's is just plain stupid!!

• Like 1

Good idea. Hold it at the police headquarters please and when he's done, arrest him as he has an arrest warrant for murder still outstanding.

I'm impressed - you think its a good idea, despite the fact that, even though Yingluck would in all likely hood be politically torn to shreds by a very devious and canny lifelong politician live on TV. The political ramifications of such a loss of face and humiliation would be catastrophic for PTP and YL

But, you'd like to see this happen nevertheless just to have Suthep arrested?

I am impressed by how much help you'd give the PDRC and their cause.

I don't think his employer will agree with his ideas either, he might not be passing his 90 day probation at this rate. whistling.gif

Nope. Actually I don't like the content of his speeches either. But history has shown us that men who talk like Suthep and rally the gullible masses under false pretenses are dangerous and it will not end well.

Oh yeah, judge a person based on his body language. You sure you don't want to add witch to his list too? I mean you can burn him at the stake for 'talking that way'. rolleyes.gif

POLITICAL IMPASSE

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-27

Suthep's offer was shot down a few hours later by Yingluck, who is in Chiang Rai on an official visit to oversee bush fires problems

Roadworks supervisor, produce checker, toilet upgrade mechanic and now we can add fireman to her impressive resume! Well done Yingluck! clap2.gif

I still have no idea on what are Yinglucks democratic principles, other than the immortal "I come from election".

It also seems most of her TV fans are unabel to answer the same questions as well.

• Like 1

This is a non-starter because he already put impossible conditions even before the talks began.

The only conditions he placed were that it be televised and the debate only be between the two of them. Why are those conditions impossible?

The other things he said, namely that he wouldn't conceed to letting the elections go ahead or that Yingluck share power in a new government, were simply his non negotiable stances during the debate. Much like her saying she is unwilling to step down. He never said "I will not speak with you if you won't agree not to talk about this." He simply told her she'd be wasting her breathe if she went down that road and he would not conceed those points.

I for one would like to watch that debate, if for no other reason that to stop hearing people prattle about "this has to be resolved through dialogue." Exactly what would that dialogue entail when both sides have non negotiable requirements that are contradictory? I can see the debate now. "Step down now. No! You end your protests now. That ends our broadcast for tonight. Thank you ladies and gentlemen and good night."

Talk about negotiation is simply ridiculous at this stage. One side has to lose this battle first. Then, there can be a discussion on the terms of surrender.

My only hope is that the coming war doesn't result in too many more deaths. There has been enough tragedy already.

Come on, thats not fair. We all know she couldnt win a debate with a cucumber.

At least allow her to have a teleprompter, assistants and to delegate the actual answering of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yingluck already declined.

It was from the beginning obvious that all the talk about talking was just a distraction...

Lets talk, but I don't go 1 Millimeter from my opinion and keep staying as PM...Not even offer to let another Shinawatra take over power.

(There were rumors about Thaksins brother in law Somchai could take over, but it seems it was just rumors)

Yinglucks first sentence -English spoken is the dead give away something went wrong with her Degree/English ???

I have not a masters in Thai -nothing but my Thai is better than her masters/English.

Maybe like Mr. Taksin's PhD thesis, which is written in perfect English.

I can imagine his defense, "Yes, I ever write this."

• Like 1

It's not Thailand's got talent... why on gods green earth it should be televised is absurd, it totally demeans the office of prime minister, and is just not done... anywhere. It's not a debate, it is a talk between rivals who should be attempting to nut out a solution. Suthep simply wants to make demands and crack the jimmy grits when she walks out... no wonder she preempted this.

• Like 2

Suthep would totally destroy Yingluck in a live TV debate and expose her for the inept moron that she is. It would be an utter humiliation

It would be tit for tat. Throw in some Yaa-sen, lao khao and some maak and they can have a party, old school.cheesy.gif

If comparing with Suthep, the answer is yes.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app