webfact

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that the safest way to travel in Thailand is to walk,

just as long as you DONT try and cross the road!

I thought all buses now where supposed to be fitted with

safety belts,that would have saved some lives for sure,

until these transport companies can be sued for a fair

amount for loss of life, not the few 1000's of bhat that

is the norm now,nothing will change,as it cheaper for

them to risk passengers lives than take responsibility.

RIP for those that lost there lives,just hope those responsible

receive what is due to them.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

I think they will only learn when it starts hitting the owners in their pockets big time & the police actually enforce the road rules. Neither is likely to happen as there are too many vested & powerful interests involved.

I fully agree, stop pussyfooting with a fewe thousand baht fines which have no effect, if the operators were fime 1,000,000 THB for every injured or killed, and strict hours regulations were enforced by tachographs, then we might see this carnage stop.

I fear not in the next 100 years in Thailand.

• Like 1

15 dead in Thai school bus crash

BANGKOK, February 28, 2014 (AFP) - At least 15 people, including 13 children, were killed when a bus carrying students on a trip to the seaside collided with a lorry in eastern Thailand Friday, police said.

More than 30 others were injured in the pre-dawn accident in Prachinburi involving the double-decker bus and an 18-wheel truck, the authorities said.

The students, aged around 10 to 14 years old, were heading to the resort city of Pattaya from the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima.

"Thirteen students and two teachers died -- 11 of them at the scene -- and more than 30 injured are in three nearby hospitals," Police Lieutenant Colonel Anukarn Thamvijarn said by telephone.

"The bus's brakes may have failed or the driver might have fallen asleep," he said.

Safety standards are generally poor in Thailand and deadly road accidents are common.

A recent report by the World Health Organization said the country saw some 38.1 road deaths per 100,000 people, compared with an average of 18.5 in Southeast Asia as a whole.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-02-28

An accident like this could bring down a government in Australia.

I agree. The repercussions would last for decades and it would be a part of national consciousness like the Grandville accident in the early 90's that claimed 20 odd lives. Here this tragic event won't rate a mention after today!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What in the hell is "the Grandville" accident, sounds like some small town USA ?

• Like 1

14 killed and 40 others wounded in car accident in Prachin Buri

PRACHIN BURI: -- At least 14 people were killed and 40 others injured when their coach slammed into a 18-wheel truck in Prachin Buri’s Nadee district at about 4.30am.

Police said the ill-fated vehicle was one of two coaches carrying students from Nakhon Ratchasima province heading to Pattaya.

It was driving downhill between Taplan and Khao Yai National Park when it developed brake malfunction and slammed into the 18-wheel truck packed with tapioca.

Police said that 11 people were killed at the scene when three others were announced dead at hospital.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-28

"The students, aged around 10 to 14 years old, were heading to the resort city of Pattaya from the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima."

Does anybody knows from which school they were?

Which school organised the trip?

https://twitter.com/Aim_NT/status/439221892718034945

The students are from Ban Dong Lop school in Nakhon Ratchasima. Via @NationChannel24

And it goes on and on,they will never learn.

Little or nothing can be taught to members of "the superior race" as their education/society indoctrinates.

Yes , reminds me of the "little, would be dictator" Suthep who has stated that he pays no attention to fallang who know nothing ! Just imagine how it will be on the roads when that idiot takes control of Thailand.

No standard + No control + No safety + No authority + No implementation or respect of laws and regulations + Mai pen rai attitude.

Total laxism and anarchy!

Accidents, scams every single day on the news.

Maybe they should implement censorship on all negative news as it gives a bad image to the country.

I am sure where you come from everything is peachy.

Solution: One way ticket to your paradise you left behind.

Pattaya-bound school field trip bus accidents leaves 15 dead, 40 injured
By Digital Content

13935555196580.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Fifteen persons were killed and 40 others were injured when a chartered bus packed with students and teachers on a school field trip hit a pickup truck and veered into the past of an 18-wheel truck in the eastern province of Prachin Buri before plunging off the road on a steep hillside.

The accident occurred at about 5am today as two chartered buses were taking 98 students and 16 teachers from Ban Dong Lop School in the northeastern province of Nakhon Ratchasima to Pattaya resort in coastal Chon Buri province.

When the double-decker buses arrived at Prachinburi's Na Di district the road was winding and steep. Investigators think that the bus driver lost control of his brakes and crashed into a pickup truck in front of the bus.

The driver tried to turn the bus away but hit an 18-wheel truck and left the road, crashing into a deep ravine before a large tree stopped the vehicle from plunging a further 200 metres down the hillside.

Fifteen persons died at the scene and more than 40 others were injured and sent to nearby hospitals for treatment. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-28

This video has been making the rounds this week, kinda pinpoints truck drivers attitudes towards safe driving.

Must admit I enjoyed the ending; size does count! Guess I've spent too much time on Thai roads to be shocked. The video team certainly had a good laugh. Maybe that says it all.

Edited by laobali
  • Like 1

This video has been making the rounds this week, kinda pinpoints truck drivers attitudes towards safe driving.

Do they have the registration number - if yes, time for a police visit -- 5555555

Agree I hope they got him as I can see a number of serious indictable offences there. The guy is a lunatic. I have seen some crazy dangerous driving on Thai roads by this wins hands down.

Obviously the truck driver in this video does not want to the let the pickup past. It is one of the strangest videos I have ever seen. My wife always tells me thai drivers are crazy, but what happened in this video can't be considered normal can it?

Another thing I can't understand is that the people recording this seem to think it's funny that the truck driver ran the guy off the road into a ditch......really? This is supposed to be considered funny in thailand? No concern for the well being of the driver in the ditch?

Well i can understand their attitude.....................did'nt you notice, the ones recording it are young Thai men, say no more!

Edited by oldsailor35