Red shirt leader Thida rules out separating Thailand

webfact

Khun Thida chairs the UDD, so its right that she should be concerned, about some of the wilder proposals currently being made by her fellow-leaders. thumbsup.gif

Yingluck is caretaker-PM, of the caretaker PTP-led coalition-government, and the UDD are an important part of 'her' movement, yet she seems strangely silent about what some of its resident-nutters say ?

Perhaps she should give a clearer direction, about what they do or don't stand for, or would that be too distracting ? whistling.gif

The problem is that once you split Thailand it is theoretically no longer a kingdom, it now becomes a state or republic, is this what you want?

"is this what you want?"

Absolutely not, nor did I say so, although my own Queen is Head-of-State of a number of different countries, so that's not unknown or impossible. I have the greatest respect for HM the King, and apologise sincerely if I expressed myself so poorly, that you could possibly doubt that. wai2.gif

I'm commenting on what certain UDD-leaders have been saying, and Chairman Thida's denial that it's official UDD (or PTP for that matter) policy.

I'm also suggesting that the caretaker-PM should also take the time, to deny such divisive nonsense, when her supporters espouse it.

Edited by Ricardo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading what some idiot wrote about this women the other day; that she is a champion of peace. I reckon she is in the thick of it up to her eyeballs.

Cheering at opposition deaths, trying to disarm the opposition whilst her guards are armed to the teeth, playing the moderate whilst encouraging her side to stand ground at key areas of conflict, doesn't actually want democracy at all, etc.

No, I think if she, and her 6 or 7 colonels, left politics, the ongoing conflict would be resolved much quicker.

Not to mention celebrating the murder of children

REDSHIRT MOVEMENT
Thida rules out separating Thailand

BANGKOK: -- A pro-government red shirt leader has rejected the formation of an armed force, nor an idea of separating Thailand to resolve the political conflict.

Thida Thavornseth, chairwoman of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), said red shirt demonstrators have only set up security forces to protect themselves from rival protesters led by Peoples Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban.

She warned several redshirt factions which have independently organised their rallies to be careful in their verbal statements and avoid any activities that could damage the UDD as a whole.

Apparently, she was referring to an earlier statement by a red shirt group which threatened to separate Thailand's North and Northeast from the kingdom.

Nisit Sinthuprai, a key UDD leader, said redshirt supporters in the northeast would launch a rally at Thung Si Muang in Udon Thani province on the weekend to stress the group's determination to protect democracy.

The People's Radio Media Group, another pro-government faction, publicly announced that it would strengthen its demonstration and pressure independent agencies in Thailand.

Group spokesman Sornrak Malaithong said Vicha Mahakhun, a member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), would be an arrest target, and that the group would follow NACC members wherever they meet after their office in Nonthaburi was sealed off.

Independent agencies must be reformed, he said, and the Election Commission is the next target after which Civil Court judges must be removed.

Redshirt protesters have completely blockaded the NACC main entrance with cement, and put up a stage and tents in front of the compound.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-28

Oh please!....give them Koh Chang....put a fence around it....and stop the ferries.

Excuse me, Koh Chang is not a red area, and we certainly don't want the island destroyed by the Red Shirts smile.png

Well unfortunately,there are no islands in the north/north east.

Send them to Phuket - they'd get a warm welcome down there.

" ... the Election Commission is the next target after which Civil Court judges must be removed. Red shirt protesters have completely blockaded the NACC main entrance with cement "

Thida's revisionist takes do not fool anyone. Actions speak louder than words, and at present Thida's words are being encased in cement. The UDD's full-frontal assault on the independent agencies, the Civil Court, the call for secession, and the call for over ten million people to be armed - is the greatest threat this country has ever faced. This may be the UDD's idea of utopia, but it scares everyone else. Yingluck is sworn to protect the constitution. That means she is also sworn to protect the institutions that the constitution empowers, like the independent agencies and the judicial system. Yingluck is constitutionally obligated to tell the UDD to back off. Failure to do so would be an incredible abdication of her sworn responsibilities as prime minister.

• Like 1

Oh please!....give them Koh Chang....put a fence around it....and stop the ferries.

Don't think the poluation of Trat province are happy to have any of the Red shirts after the massacre at Khao Salming. North Korea would be a better place to send them to (with a one way ticket).

they are not welcome in Trat

This women is always changing her ideology/speech depending on who she is around. She is a smart one in terms of manipulation. Not your average communist that's for sure.

If she had her way back in the 1970's we would all be working peasants without any rights at all. Stalin, Pol Pot, Hun Sen and Tasksin, she really knows how to pick leaders to admire and follow.

I for one don't trust her, but at least she is making public statements that are way better than some of her comrades

This women is always changing her ideology/speech depending on who she is around. She is a smart one in terms of manipulation. Not your average communist that's for sure.

If she had her way back in the 1970's we would all be working peasants without any rights at all. Stalin, Pol Pot, Hun Sen and Tasksin, she really knows how to pick leaders to admire and follow.

I for one don't trust her, but at least she is making public statements that are way better than some of her comrades

She received her ideological and terrorist training in Hanoi but Vietnam has moved on and the Viets wouldn't take her in again. She would have to run to Cambodia. Dubai is too expensive and the boss won't give her that much money for her "caretaker" role.

A moron from PT gets harassed by guards and high case low-life lawyers jump on it.

A moron makes threats to kidnap an important commissioner from the NACC and nobody reacts.

In Europe, making a treaty like that will get you brought in for questioning, not for drinking tea.

Excuse me, Koh Chang is not a red area, and we certainly don't want the island destroyed by the Red Shirts smile.png

There is Ko Chang. In the Andaman. No mains electric, put them there.

Now the profiteers of corruption coming out of their holes.
Now threatens the flow of money for them to tear.
Then with violence against the people who want to expose corruption.
EC, NACC, CC, and the courts are their targets now.
As long as the money flowed, they were quiet.
But now the Red Shirts and the PT extremists lead the word.
They are not interested in peace and unity.
The only want money.

This women is a political snake, who will go to the highest bidder to further her own cause. She is a true communist, and a threat to national security.

sounds more like a perfect description of yourself

That's funny, coming from the PTP's boiler room staff.

Please let me know with factual evidence that a) I will go to the highest bidder for my own cause 2) That I am a communist and 3) I am a threat to national security.

This women is a political snake, who will go to the highest bidder to further her own cause. She is a true communist, and a threat to national security.

Please let me know with factual evidence that a) I will go to the highest bidder for my own cause 2) That I am a communist and 3) I am a threat to national security.

the burden of proof is on you. and remember... factual evidence.

not under Thai defamation laws it isn't, oh wise one.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

moonao: "sounds more like a perfect description of yourself"

not under Thai defamation laws it isn't, oh wise one.

then i guess you can't plead ignorance when she takes you to court, oh wise one.

then i guess you can't plead ignorance when she takes you to court, oh wise one.

well, maybe you'll also be off to court as well, Maybe your employer in Dubai might even pay your legal fees.
against you, for accusing you of being a communist? my lawyers will crush you.

"The People’s Radio Media Group, another pro-government faction..."

There are many subtle and not-so-subtle ways the PAD-Dem's use to denigrate the UDD/PTP/RS's and the electoral majority in general...Everything from ignorant buffaloes, uneducated, uni-dimensional in having no political awareness beyond Thaksin, only engaged in Politics to the degree that financial remuneration is involved, etc. etc.

The beauty of this whole thing is those that do the denigrating are on the political outside looking in....God bless the Thai Electorate!

The above quote is another example of such denigration.....basically stating agenda as fact....By reducing the Pro-Democracy and Pro-Electoral movement to being merely Pro-Government.

They do this as a way of protecting themselves...If it is accepted that there is a problem vis-a-vis Democracy in Thailand, that would expose them as being the anti-Democrats they are....Best to caste this in a pro and anti-Govt. vein, in their opinion.

This misdirection was also perpetrated in 2010 at R'song.....The anti-UDD/RS media bent over backwards characterizing the protesters at that time, of being against AV and his Govt......But what was their major rallying cry on posters, signs, stage speeches and that ill-fated TV negotiation-cum-ultimatum session?---Elections.

2010 was pro-democracy from the get-go, calling for elections and as a by-product, eliminate a coup-rooted, unelected Govt.

When the Elitist unelectables managed to violently squelch it, the next election took care of the problem.

The 2014 version is the same, but at least an election is happening, and when completed and tabulated, the same result will most likely ensue.

To arrogantly diminish supporters of the elected Ms.Y. Govt. as being merely pro-Govt., is obvious to UDD/RS's. The PAD-Dem sympathisers wouldn't necesarily catch the subtle distinction and put-down.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

well, maybe you'll also be off to court as well, Maybe your employer in Dubai might even pay your legal fees.
against you, for accusing you of being a communist? my lawyers will crush you.

Thanks for confirming that you are employed by PTP laugh.png

5 Baht a post is it?

Red shirt leader rules out separating Thailand

By Digital Content

13935543283158-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 28 A pro-government red shirt leader has rejected the formation of an armed force, nor an idea of separating Thailand to resolve the political conflict.

Thida Thavornseth, chairwoman of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), said red shirt demonstrators have only set up security forces to protect themselves from rival protesters led by Peoples Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban.

She warned several UDD factions which have independently organised their rallies to be careful in their verbal statements and avoid any activities that could damage the UDD as a whole.

Apparently, she was referring to an earlier statement by a red shirt group which threatened to separate Thailands North and Northeast from the kingdom.

Nisit Sinthuprai, a key UDD leader, said red shirt supporters in the Northeast would launch a rally at Thung Si Muang in Udon Thani province on the weekend to stress the groups determination to protect democracy.

The Peoples Radio Media Group, another pro-government faction, publicly announced that it would strengthen its demonstration and pressure independent agencies in Thailand.

Group spokesman Sornrak Malaithong said Vicha Mahakhun, a member of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), would be an arrest target, and that the group would follow NACC members wherever they meet after their office in Nonthaburi was sealed off.

Independent agencies must be reformed, he said, and the Election Commission is the next target after which Civil Court judges must be removed.

Red shirt protesters have completely blockaded the NACC main entrance with cement, and put up a stage and tents in front of the compound. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-02-28

Haha, even Tida realises that it would mean financial ruin for the north if the country was separated. Afterall it is not much fun to have all the power if you have no cash :-)

The Thai Rouge supporters such as moonao seem to like the word "crush", it does seem to be very similar to the KR favourite "smash", when discussing anyone that doesn't agree with their version of democracy.