Looking for bedding

Ebenweb

We're having a hard time finding a good source if linens (bedclothes), particularly flat sheets.

Tesco has cheap and somewhat ugly sets that don't include flat sheets. We haven't tried anywhere else (including bahn and beyond).

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I've been searching the forum also and there are some 2 or 3 year old suggestions; One near the Chinese temple near the Warwarot market and one around the Hang Dong area. I've looked for the Hang Dong site on Google earth but no luck. hoping someone will reply to my request for further details.

I looked around Makro on Hang Dong Rd this morning, but could only find sets of 3 sheets for a King size bed (1800 baht), no fitted sheets, and staff not willing to help (their English is probably as bad as my Thai).

Anyone able to add more information??

Top/flat sheets are available in a few places but they are hugely oversize and hugely expensive.

Availability is not found in sheet sets here, that is why we bring ours from the US but the the wife doesn't like them. They prefer the monstrous suffocating comforter. So I have leartned to do without.

But then, my wife buys a California King Size mattress here and I have to import sheets to fit it. I have never seen that size here but I won't look because of the price I know I will have to pay. She is the one that travels to and fro, so she gets to carry them. Last I got was fron Amazon. $25.00 for 1500 count. Still waiting to see how they are.

For Mazuk, xxl staf, hotel 5 stars quality,xxl couching ,tavel ,ectt affordable price,speak inglish.wai2.gif

hi. I am trying to find where you are. I have searched Google and Google Earth, and cannot locate the area, the street, the soi. nothing!!

Flats are not part of the local bedding vocabulary. The place near the Chinese temple at Warorot will make some for you in a couple of days.

Where's warorot? Google coordinates?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Prefaced with the comment, I haven't been there for a couple of years:

Penang Mattress used to sell flat sheets in a range of cotton grades. They stocked them for hotels IIRC and have certainly purchased there at reasonable prices. On Atsadathon Rd at the intersection with Rattanakosin. i.e. heading into the city from JJ Market/Kamtieng its on the left hand side before the intersection:

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.800705,98.995119,3a,75y,139.81h,85.35t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1slVJuNb_KJCWXOZu-IYy66A!2e0

Or 18.800068,98.995037 if the streetview link is a problem.

Edited by Paagai

Pete

HI,peter

yes is baantawai i think (soi 6) if you go in the n 6 is a but 30-50m inside of the left,you wil see it ,if you d ont find i have some wher the adresse,let my now if you need.fery bye

Found it and the location with name and phone number (Zone 5 Soi 15) so that others can hopefully save some time and energy as well as $$$$ in the hunt. Wish I would have found it earlier for the other bedrooms.....nice little shop.

Thank you for your help and timely answer Hi masuk,dice is one hold poste,and the peter find it,juste go der and look about, the zone5 /SOI 15,can not help more i am in europe ,byesmile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Flats are not part of the local bedding vocabulary. The place near the Chinese temple at Warorot will make some for you in a couple of days.

Where's warorot? Google coordinates?

It would be helpful if you could buy yourself a map and or use google yourself for this type of question. I know you are new but that does not mean you have to be helpless. The Book of What Where and How would answer a lot of questions for you, you can probably find it at Suriwong Book Store or ask George at Gecko Books.

I had a pleasant couple of hours exploring around Warawot market, and my landlady suggested I try the 2nd floor.

People there were very helpful in spite of my almost total lack of Thai. I explained that I was looking for King size sheets, fitted and flat, light summer weight cotton.

Within seconds I had a packet of flat sheet and two pillow cases and a packet of fitted sheet and another two pillow cases.

Asking price was 1500baht the lot. I thought I'd get a second quote before deciding, and the price was dropped to 1000baht!

Done. They're now washed and on the line, looks just the job. Material made in the USA says the box, a cotton / polyester mix. They'll dry quickly in the wet season. Snug, Egyptian cotton flannelette sheets will be used again when it turns cold...

Thanks for the advice and help everyone.

I had a pleasant couple of hours exploring around Warawot market, and my landlady suggested I try the 2nd floor.

People there were very helpful in spite of my almost total lack of Thai. I explained that I was looking for King size sheets, fitted and flat, light summer weight cotton.

Within seconds I had a packet of flat sheet and two pillow cases and a packet of fitted sheet and another two pillow cases.

Asking price was 1500baht the lot. I thought I'd get a second quote before deciding, and the price was dropped to 1000baht!

Done. They're now washed and on the line, looks just the job. Material made in the USA says the box, a cotton / polyester mix. They'll dry quickly in the wet season. Snug, Egyptian cotton flannelette sheets will be used again when it turns cold...

if it says made in the USA, then 100% for sure it is made in China. 1000 Baht quality will last perhaps 6 months.

if it says made in the USA, then 100% for sure it is made in China. 1000 Baht quality will last perhaps 6 months.

thanks to you for the post, masuk. we just got back ourselves with very similar cargo and are happy to finally have what we want. in matching colours, no less. took a bit of looking and asking but there were two (probaly more) vendors that had a few to choose from of various sizes. random bonus: best mango sticky rice we ever had half a block down on the way home.

Hope they last longer than the 6 months forecast by one of the usual happy travellers. In fact I have a similar set for a queen size bed, and they lasted well over 12 months and stored until the next move and yet another bed size.

Hehe... we just unpacked ours to discover they're synthetic, not cotton. Oops--we didn't even think to check. Do you remember what part of the 2nd floor your shop was on? Was it near anything I'd recognize there? Might be worth going back for a cotton set and using these as the standbys when we're doing the wash. Otherwise we'll bite the bullet and order stuff from the west online.

In terms of how long things last: I llive in Thailand, am part of an Asian shopping demographic now and have the appropriate expectations where price and durability are concerned ;)

Hehe... we just unpacked ours to discover they're synthetic, not cotton. Oops--we didn't even think to check. Do you remember what part of the 2nd floor your shop was on? Was it near anything I'd recognize there? Might be worth going back for a cotton set and using these as the standbys when we're doing the wash. Otherwise we'll bite the bullet and order stuff from the west online.

In terms of how long things last: I llive in Thailand, am part of an Asian shopping demographic now and have the appropriate expectations where price and durability are concerned wink.png

why not just go to Central and get some decent quality?

Have you bought flat sheets there? I heard Central mentioned but no-one was being very specific...

I saw some in Bangkok for the same as what you'd pay in the west (which is Ok if that's the only option). Is that what you find at central?

We too, buy our sheets from Central. They are very high-quality 600 thread count 100% cotton. The last set we bought are beautiful - made in Japan. We got them at the "70% sale". Marked down from 6900 THB to about 2,000 THB. The 2 sets we had before that (also from Central) lasted almost 5 years. The set we bought at the Thai shop in Kad Luang for the guest bedroom lasted about a year before they disintegrated.

We too, buy our sheets from Central. They are very high-quality 600 thread count 100% cotton. The last set we bought are beautiful - made in Japan. We got them at the "70% sale". Marked down from 6900 THB to about 2,000 THB. The 2 sets we had before that (also from Central) lasted almost 5 years. The set we bought at the Thai shop in Kad Luang for the guest bedroom lasted about a year before they disintegrated.

Cheers, sounds worth checking out, although we're only staying for about a year so as long as they feel nice (are cotton) we'd probably go for the cheap versions--unless there's a similar sale to the one you mentioned above. In any case, Central's not hard to get to and worth a browse for other things as well.

The exact mix is not mentioned on the packet, but I asked and was told it's a cotton/poly mix.

For 1000baht, I did not expect more for flat sheet and fitted sheet and 4 pillow cases.

They've been through the wash once, and look good. I'm only after light-weight sheets for the hotter months, and have good Egyptian cotton sheets (purchased in Australia) for the cold months.

Can't be specific about location in the markets, but definitely 2nd level, about 15 metres from the non-working escalator.

I'll probably buy some pure cotton sheets with a thread count of around 400 on my next trip to Australia.

Prices at Central were incredibly high, for fitted sheet and two pillow cases and flat sheets to match not available.

A good selection at TESCO for both flat sheets and top sheets, but I'd have to check the material again.