Caretaker premier Yingluck says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

webfact

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck not Suthep or Abhisit is consistent with another famous quote the feudalists here might give some greater attention to: that "Government of the people, by the people and for the people, shall not perish from this earth."

In the former LOS the people are only just starting to establish a democratic government that is free of military control and is less commanded by the old guard elites, government that is open to the society as a whole, Thai society, the Thai people.

Taking literary license of another of Abraham Lincoln's historic statements, Suthep has managed to fool all of his voices here all of the time.

There seemed to be a distinct lack of "for the people" in the last government. Perhaps you didn't notice.

If we take the big issue of the protests, the amnesty bill, do you spot any "for the people" or is it all for "us and our criminal friends"?

How about the rice scam? Some people obviously benefited mightily, but how much benefit has the been for the ALL Thais? Perhaps what you mean is "for the people that matter."

I see you've abandoned the beaches and have retreated to the hills - Churchill would disown any such scrambling.

Neither Churchill nor Lincoln during the respective time of crisis ever sought an unelected and still anonymous "People's Council" of selectively appointed oligarchs to be appointed by self-selected elitists and autocrats. Churchill was a monarchist and Lincoln a republican yet neither takes your approach

Your focus on the policies and politics of an elected government are insufficient to justify any cancelling of an election or the precluding of electoral processes, in other words, the negating of democracy itself. No one anywhere anytime improves democracy by cancelling it. Moreover, using brute force against voters to cancel an election seriously and strongly suggests ulterior motives against democracy itself.

I focus on defending the right of the people to elect the government of their choosing, which also includes the right of the people to throw out the government if the government turns out to be a great disappointment. You will never succeed trying to politicize corruption as one-sided while everyone is corrupt.

Yingluck advocates and represents democratic choice, which is the core of the immediate struggle. Democracy versus feudalism.

You and your side are making YS into a heroine by causing her transformation from a political novice to a tough cookie political combatant. This irony of the effect of your ill placed contempt and disrespect of YS zooms right over your heads.

Lincoln paid with his life fighting against secessionists, Yingluck is quite happy to bask in the adulation of secessionist while valiantly claiming to fight to the death... in a Facebook post (which she may or may have not written herself).

There is a tiny little difference there.

i hope so much she will be.

That is a really terrible and nasty thing to say. Even if you don't like someone you don't wish death upon them.

This is true, that is why the government must find the killers and protect the protesters from and the public from these random bombing and shootings.

• Like 1

It was reported that YL wanted to leave office some weeks ago but big bro forced her to stay, so in that situation you kinda feel sorry for her that Mr.T is once again thinking about himself & not the country or its people. But she was silly enough to say yes. As for Elite, Mr.T takes the top prize.

But Youtube will be truly in her debt for bringing us hours of bloopers & reading errors in Thai & English for us to enjoy even after she leaves.

• Like 1

Yingluck not Suthep or Abhisit is consistent with another famous quote the feudalists here might give some greater attention to: that "Government of the people, by the people and for the people, shall not perish from this earth."

In the former LOS the people are only just starting to establish a democratic government that is free of military control and is less commanded by the old guard elites, government that is open to the society as a whole, Thai society, the Thai people.

Taking literary license of another of Abraham Lincoln's historic statements, Suthep has managed to fool all of his voices here all of the time.

There seemed to be a distinct lack of "for the people" in the last government. Perhaps you didn't notice.

If we take the big issue of the protests, the amnesty bill, do you spot any "for the people" or is it all for "us and our criminal friends"?

How about the rice scam? Some people obviously benefited mightily, but how much benefit has the been for the ALL Thais? Perhaps what you mean is "for the people that matter."

I see you've abandoned the beaches and have retreated to the hills - Churchill would disown any such scrambling.

Neither Churchill nor Lincoln during the respective time of crisis ever sought an unelected and still anonymous "People's Council" of selectively appointed oligarchs to be appointed by self-selected elitists and autocrats. Churchill was a monarchist and Lincoln a republican yet neither takes your approach

Your focus on the policies and politics of an elected government are insufficient to justify any cancelling of an election or the precluding of electoral processes, in other words, the negating of democracy itself. No one anywhere anytime improves democracy by cancelling it. Moreover, using brute force against voters to cancel an election seriously and strongly suggests ulterior motives against democracy itself.

I focus on defending the right of the people to elect the government of their choosing, which also includes the right of the people to throw out the government if the government turns out to be a great disappointment. You will never succeed trying to politicize corruption as one-sided while everyone is corrupt.

Yingluck advocates and represents democratic choice, which is the core of the immediate struggle. Democracy versus feudalism.

You and your side are making YS into a heroine by causing her transformation from a political novice to a tough cookie political combatant. This irony of the effect of your ill placed contempt and disrespect of YS zooms right over your heads.

Lincoln paid with his life fighting against secessionists, Yingluck is quite happy to bask in the adulation of secessionist while valiantly claiming to fight to the death... in a Facebook post (which she may or may have not written herself).

There is a tiny little difference there.

Lincoln would have gone to nearby Gettysburg, Pennsylvania in the Marine One presidential helicopter to make his statement about democracy being of, by, for the people. As it was, Churchill made his statement about fighting on the beaches via radio.

Suthep has his stuff all over FB. My FB page has a huge "Respect My Vote" poster on it.

Same same but different, which leaves you without the issue you thought you'd had.

I'm confident you'll keep trying however - flail away.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I do believe her statement will inflame the red mob even more and increase their boldness if that is possible.

I agree. It's inflammatory. Fanning the flames of civil war. Some leader!

It seems their machinations to keep power get more extreme.

She must do something to take attention off the NACC probes and the eruptions of the farmers when the latest "vow" to pay the overdue rice pledges is simply broken.

Escalate the red mob whilst at the same time pretend to appeal to get the UN to mediate. Edging all the bets as usual.

Yes..........didn't she promise to pay the farmers this last week?

Out of the mouths of PTP Thais

Comes nothing but a load of lies ! (waxing lyrical !)

" The only people who voted in the last ballot were Yingluck supporters..."

Now why was that? Oh yes, it was because Suthep used his thugs to block the ballot and intimidate the voters - in the areas where he was sure that Yingluck supporters wouldn't put up a fight. His brave warriors for democracy and reform were strangely absent where there was any chance of a redshirt presence!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Quick question. If the red shirts are so tough why the hit and run gorilla tactics?

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Nor do I understand where gorillas feature in all this!

• Like 1

Comparing Yingluck to Chrchill and Lincoln, give me a break. As for Churchill, maybe you need to look a little closer as to how he became PM before World War II.

Not through an election.

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

Now why was that? Oh yes, it was because Suthep used his thugs to block the ballot and intimidate the voters - in the areas where he was sure that Yingluck supporters wouldn't put up a fight. His brave warriors for democracy and reform were strangely absent where there was any chance of a redshirt presence!

Quick question. If the red shirts are so tough why the hit and run gorilla tactics?

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Nor do I understand where gorillas feature in all this!

he just can't spell, but I'm sure he wasn't referring to Bangkok Zoo.

Comparing Yingluck to Chrchill and Lincoln, give me a break. As for Churchill, maybe you need to look a little closer as to how he became PM before World War II.

Not through an election.

I know the history, thank you and it was another poster who introduced Churchill to the discussion, which inspired me to quote Lincoln - or don't you read the threads before commenting.

The bottom line here is when you people force me to defend Yingluck, it's a sure sign your side is losing.

• Like 1

Publicus forgets that Victory!

Battle:: Arctic Region 01/03/2014 23:08:55
Vehicle:: M10 Wolverine
Exp:: 2,984 (x2)
Credits: 35,706

Achievements: : High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"is an intelligent woman educated at Oxford who has her own thoughts and ideas, whereas Yingluck is just an air head who went to some crap state college in the US that depends on dumb MBA students from overseas to subsidise the in-state bachelors degree students. She can hardly speak English after that and majoring in English at Chiang Mai University.

Yingluck is like an empty waste pipe that other people send stuff down. It's a case of garbage in, garbage out.

Suu Kyi's name should not be mentioned in the same breath as Yingluck's.

Yingluck is NOT an 'Aung San Suu Kyi' (obviously) and nor is Abhist a 'Mandela' and Suthep not a "Gandhi' - in fact this is Thailand's problem there are NO great leaders - only "pretenders"

However - Yingluck deserves credit for fortitude in this crisis - she is under immense stress as the fascists have tried to force her out (failing of course) and now they retreat to Lumpinin Park for a 'picnic' to lick their wounds

Kudos to Yingluck

"force her out (failing of course)"....................................................."to lick their wounds"

Don't be quite so keen to celebrate Yingluck's "victory".
She has won nothing yet, not even an election this time.
There are still many hurdles in her way in the days ahead. Her 'acceptance' of an independent Lanna state has raised eyebrows in certain quarters I am sure. Even Little Red Riding Hood Thida has condemned that.
As far as Suthep's "troops" retreating to Lumpini to "lick their wounds", perhaps a smart move, he's made his point, shaken the opposition and the city is still out of bounds at the moment to Yingluck.
Be patient and we shall see what happens next week.
Meanwhile Surapong is still yapping at "The Ban Ki Moon"

I think he was having a laugh. I'd like to know though who he sees as the greatest female monarch?

Queen Victoria. She also serves as model for some of the tough reforms that must be initiated in Thailand. Consider the 3 major reforms that she supported, that fundamentally changed the world.

1.Abolition: In 1863 slavery was abolished throughout the British Empire. An application to Thailand would be reforms in respect the quasi indentured servitude small farmers face. The rice pledging program was intended to free the Thai farmers from the hardship they face.

2. Improved Labour Conditions: The Factory Act of 1847 reduced the work hours in the sweat shop textile mills to 10 hours. Some basic conditions were imposed such as access to drinking water. In Thailand, we have seen a move to increase the subsistence wage for a similar type of worker demographic.

3. The Right to Vote: The Third Reform Act of 1884, granted the right to vote to all male householders. This gave the vote to a large segment of the economically disadvantaged population who had until then not been allowed to vote. In Thailand, we see Suthep and his allies seeking to deny the right to vote.

Queen Victoria reigned during the period when Great Britain was at its zenith. No other king or emperor in history has occupied such a position, nor been sovereign during a period of similar prosperity and modernization. Appreciably. some of the occupied countries will have a different interpretation.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ohh, btw.

"Families of two civilians killed in the Feb 18 Phan Fah Bridge protest clash have filed murder charges against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck"

As of February 24th, Yingluck has had murder charges filed against her. FACT!

Fact? where is the proof? Justice means innocent without proof and if you have no media link to prove the case was not rejected then it is rumormongerings

Ohh, btw.

"Families of two civilians killed in the Feb 18 Phan Fah Bridge protest clash have filed murder charges against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck"

Fact? where is the proof? Justice means innocent without proof and if you have no media link to prove the case was not rejected then it is rumormongerings

Google is very easy to use..fact!

http://www.au.tv/asia-society-and-museum517100-post-2910338.html

http://www.southeastasiantimes.com/

Ohh, btw.

The first link shows a comment left by a FaceBook user which is hardly evidence and the link to BP does not work

The second is an amateur publicationary that quotes without links

Google is easy to use and can churn up tonnes of crap when there is nothin good 2 say

• Like 1

Ohh, btw.

The first link shows a comment left by a FaceBook user which is hardly evidence and the link to BP does not work

The second is an amateur publicationary that quotes without links

Google is easy to use and can churn up tonnes of crap when there is nothin good 2 say

there is no link in my post to BKK POST!

But the link i found on google works. it did say in the report

That the court will set a date later for holding a hearing to determine the validity of the cases since the charges were not filed by police investigators.

But at this moment there have been murder charges against Yingluck, Chalerm and four others filed with the court, it is now down to the court to decide what to do.

• Like 1

Perhaps the gorillas are hiding in the Lanna smog mists ? rolleyes.gif

Planning their monkey-business, as they ape true-democratic ways, singing "We are the Chimpions, my friends" ? facepalm.gif

sorry.gif.pagespeed.ce.HIAcli9fRM.png

I hope she gets her wish and Thailand will be much better without her

How nice of you. Unfortunately nasty remarks like this are what passes for debate these days.

And you just took debate.

Yes, I guess so. I just find it very dispiriting when, presumably intelligent and educated people resort to wishing someone would die.

• Like 1

dutchisaan claims surprise that Yingluck can spell democracy and then continues to tell us "those red tinted lenses or out of facion by now." Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black!

The facts on the ground are that Thaksin's parties have won the last 5 elections. The PDRC represents a large, vocal and extremely well financed minority bent on gerrymandering the electoral map so that they can finally win an election. I could care less about the Shinawatra family but the point is Thaksin has, for whatever reason, empowered the rural poor. They are not going to give up that power no matter what happens to the Shinawatras.

The political snot noses here that revel in deriding Yingluck seem incapable of comprehending the underlying social forces that will very soon determine the fate of the Thai state.

• Like 1

dutchisaan claims surprise that Yingluck can spell democracy and then continues to tell us "those red tinted lenses or out of facion by now." Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black!

The facts on the ground are that Thaksin's parties have won the last 5 elections. The PDRC represents a large, vocal and extremely well financed minority bent on gerrymandering the electoral map so that they can finally win an election. I could care less about the Shinawatra family but the point is Thaksin has, for whatever reason, empowered the rural poor. They are not going to give up that power no matter what happens to the Shinawatras.

The political snot noses here that revel in deriding Yingluck seem incapable of comprehending the underlying social forces that will very soon determine the fate of the Thai state.

One would hope that posters are capable of debate, - or at least passing comment - without having to resort to such puerile and derogatory language...... A forlorn hope, it would seem. It may have been that a poster has a valid point to make, but it is masked by school yard tactics. Do try to play nicely, won't you?

In any case, this is one of the most ridiculous and implausible threads ever,,,, There is no way that YL will fall on the battlefield. Should she receive a mortal wound, it is far more likely to be from a pair of falling slingbacks in a shopping mall, rather than a slingshot in battle. whistling.gif

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.