Where to get a multiple entry NON O (marriage) in Asia

My NON O will expire end of March. The last 4 times I got them in Germany, which was as simple as handing the passport and a copy of the marriage certificate. This time Germany is not an option.

So I am looking for places in (Southeast)Asia that will grant a multiple entry NON O based on marriage.

As I will be flying from Phuket best would be places connected with a direct flight.

Does anyone know the current status for NON O visas at the following embassies/consulates:

Penang

KL

Singapore
Hong Kong

Taipei

Jakarta

HCMC

Also, I keep on reading that people show proof of 400k in the bank to get the visa. From my understanding that would only be needed for the application for extension of stay at the immigration. Is this correct or do I need to show proof of income when applying at the embassy.

Thanks!

Savannakhet Laos is where you need to go. It is across the river from Mukdahan. It is the only nearby location doing them.

You can fly direct to there on Lao airways from Bangkok. Or check Nok Air for flights to Mukdahan that are a fly/ride service via Nakon Phanom.

• Like 2

Note: just before your Non O runs out end of march do a border hop and you will get another 90days effectively giving a total of 15months out of your visa, as far as renewing the only place left is Savannakhet no proof of money needed, but if you have the 400k it is easy to get an extension

Edited by MikeandDow

You mean that Savannakhet is the only option to get a multiple entry? Non of the others are issuing them anymore? I did Penang and KL a few times but this was almost 10 years ago...seems these times are over...

"Note: just before your Non O runs out end of march do a border hop and you will get another 90days effectively giving a total of 15months out of your visa"

I've already done that. So to be more precise I am nearing the end of my 15 month.

If Savannakhet is the only option than it might be better to get extension of stay rather than doing the visa runs from now on....

Kl was wanting 400K in the bank until they stopped doing them almost a year ago. Penang stopped doing them about 4 months ago.

There is nothing wrong with Savannakhet and you only have spend one night there.

But getting the extension would certainly be better. You could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then do the one year extension in order to meet the 60 days in the bank requirement if you don't have it there already,

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"yep you are well out of date as ubonjoe states best get extension"

What does that even mean?

I am very surprised that an "advanced member" with over 2500 posts needs to ask that question !

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"yep you are well out of date as ubonjoe states best get extension"

What does that even mean?

I am very surprised that an "advanced member" with over 2500 posts needs to ask that question !

agree, what more can I say lots of funny and unhelpful people on tv

Got a multi-entry Non 'O' myself at Singapore three months ago. Very easy!

Two options for Non 'O' - multi-entry requires 400K or single requires something like 100K I cant remember.

Best to send email to them before you go. Extension is also OK but a pain with a bulk of papers.

G'luck with your decision thumbsup.gif

I got Non Im. O multiple entry in Jakarta last year, they used 3 days instead of 2 witch all other embassy does and the price was 200 US$ more than 6000,- bath.

Cannot recommend that trip since Jakarta is a big smelly garbage city bah.gif

Read this step by step post from guy who went to Savannaket in January 2014: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/

This is to inform you folks that I myself (without my wife present) did apply successfully for a Multiple Non-O-Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate General in Savannakhet/ Lao. My passport comprises several Multiple Thai Non-O-Visas that I acquired from different countries over the last 8 years and one re-enty permit stamp as a precautionary measure in case my first-time Savannakhet application would have failed.

With a smile and well dressed (long trousers) I handed in the following paperwork, waied the officer and the only words exchanged with him were: „sawadee khrap, please give me a Multiple Non-O-Visa for 1 year, kop khun khrap„ and nothing else. The officer did not say a single word, quickly glanced through my paperwork and after literally 10 seconds I left the window again.

I handed in the following:

- visa application (see Application.jpg)

- 2 pictures attached to the application

- original marriage certificate

- 1 copy of marriage certificate, i.e. front and back page copied back to back on a single sheet with no date and signature on it (see Marriage Certificate Front and Back Page.jpg)

- 1 copy of my passport front page dated 15.01.2013 and signed by me

- 1 copy of my wife’s ID card, front and back page copied on a single front sheet, dated 15.1.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 1 copy of my wife’s Blue Book (Tabian Ban) copied on a single front sheet dated 15.01.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 5000 Baht visa fee

If you have no time for running around Asia to get a visa. do as a friend of mine. Go to the immigration and ask for their help.. He needed no Money in the bank, just a short visit to a bank and got a statement he had the 800k - and the visa - mulitple OA was ready i 2 hours. But hee paied 23k.....

I don´t dare to use that method to get my visa, but it´s handy and fast.....( and illegal - but how can anyone proof it when you have a statement from a bank and a bank book that states you have / had the Money at the time) ??

If you have no time for running around Asia to get a visa. do as a friend of mine. Go to the immigration and ask for their help.. He needed no Money in the bank, just a short visit to a bank and got a statement he had the 800k - and the visa - mulitple OA was ready i 2 hours. But hee paied 23k.....

I don´t dare to use that method to get my visa, but it´s handy and fast.....( and illegal - but how can anyone proof it when you have a statement from a bank and a bank book that states you have / had the Money at the time) ??

If it was really an 'O-A visa' it would easily be seen as illegal, as O-A visa s are only issued by Thai embassies and Official consulates outside of Thailand.

Read this step by step post from guy who went to Savannaket in January 2014: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/

This is to inform you folks that I myself (without my wife present) did apply successfully for a Multiple Non-O-Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate General in Savannakhet/ Lao. My passport comprises several Multiple Thai Non-O-Visas that I acquired from different countries over the last 8 years and one re-enty permit stamp as a precautionary measure in case my first-time Savannakhet application would have failed.

With a smile and well dressed (long trousers) I handed in the following paperwork, waied the officer and the only words exchanged with him were: „sawadee khrap, please give me a Multiple Non-O-Visa for 1 year, kop khun khrap„ and nothing else. The officer did not say a single word, quickly glanced through my paperwork and after literally 10 seconds I left the window again.

I handed in the following:

- visa application (see Application.jpg)

- 2 pictures attached to the application

- original marriage certificate

- 1 copy of marriage certificate, i.e. front and back page copied back to back on a single sheet with no date and signature on it (see Marriage Certificate Front and Back Page.jpg)

- 1 copy of my passport front page dated 15.01.2013 and signed by me

- 1 copy of my wife’s ID card, front and back page copied on a single front sheet, dated 15.1.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 1 copy of my wife’s Blue Book (Tabian Ban) copied on a single front sheet dated 15.01.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 5000 Baht visa fee

Thanks for posting this.Would be nice to know if it still works that way, without the financial proof.-wai2.gif

I would like to try the Savhannakhet route myself. Only problem is I don't have the original Thai marriage certificate. Misplaced during one of my many moves. We were married at the Thai consulate in Sydney 25 years ago. Does anyone know if it would be possible to get another original certificate here in Thailand. I'm assuming the Sydney consulate sent the details to Thailand. My last 7/8 multiple O's were obtained from the Thai consulate in Brisbane. They offer a fast efficient service. Last year I had to come back in 2 hours to collect. Pub across the road so that was not a problem.

I would like to try the Savhannakhet route myself. Only problem is I don't have the original Thai marriage certificate. Misplaced during one of my many moves. We were married at the Thai consulate in Sydney 25 years ago. Does anyone know if it would be possible to get another original certificate here in Thailand. I'm assuming the Sydney consulate sent the details to Thailand. My last 7/8 multiple O's were obtained from the Thai consulate in Brisbane. They offer a fast efficient service. Last year I had to come back in 2 hours to collect. Pub across the road so that was not a problem.

Contact your amphur or contact ww.dopa.go.th (they have a hotline) on how to get a certified copy.

If you have to get it from the consulate in Sydney, contact the consular department: www.consular.go.th, they will assist in you getting it from the consulate.

Do you have a Australian marriage certificate also. That would be enough in Savannakhet.

Does your wifes ID card show her as being married? If it does it might be possible to get a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at a Amphoe that might satisfy them with a copy of the Thai marriage certificate.

A small edit on my post:

25 years ago might mean that the details are not recorded yet in the online database. In that case contact dopa or consular department for help on where/how to get a copy or khor rhor 2 form.