Rotten rice frozen at a warehouse in Phitsanulok

webfact

The rice in question were from the 2011-12 crops. So they have not managed to sell rice from the old crops and still trying to sell from last years crops. Will we be seeing the same story next year about this years crops?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phitsonoluk - the hub of frozen rotten rice ..

and you can be sure PTP will come out and say this is a one off isolated case

I think that they will say: "The rotten rice is fake rice." Or: "Suthep's people planted it there."

Freezing? Surely not literally, somebody needs a thesaurus.

The English is correct. 'Frozen' means that is not to be touched and there was the act of 'freezing' it. Please don't make yourself look stupid, as I assume you're a native English speaker.

Haha!

Quarantined or isolated might have been better words

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The solution:

Put rotten rice in water.

Let rice ferment.

Produce enough Lao Kao to keep all farmers mao for five years.

Everyone forgets the rotten rice problem before they sober up again.

post-147745-0-79559200-1393816925_thumb.

Freezing rotten rice doesn't stop it being rotten. Tip to the uninitiated: Freeze stuff BEFORE IT GOES OFF!

I think they mean something along the lines of quarantining it rather than physically freezing it.

Freezing has more than one meaning and the term is therefore correct. Quarantine is something different and is not the correct word.

Yes, but freezing (of food) can be easily misconstrued and so is a poor choice of a word in this instance.

I did not say that it was quarantined - I said something along the lines of quarantining it, which is correct!!!

Frozen is often used in terms of bank accounts to suggest that the product was in process of being moved quickly.

Well this stuff wasn't going anywhere

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

20,000 sacks... can some poor TV farmer please translate that into baht?

Let me try, although I'm afraid I am a wildlife photographer and not a farmer, however I can use a calculator. The sacks are normally 50kg's so that's 1 million kg's or 1,000 metric tons. As for the value, that depends on what price you want to work with.

If it's paddy I believe it's worth around Baht 9,000 per ton = Baht 9 million

If it's milled white rice I think it's around Baht 12,000 per ton = Baht 12 million

If it's milled Jasmine I think the rate is around 15,000 per ton = Baht 15 million

Take your pick

I guess the owner of the warehouse was new to this business as I am pretty sure they are meant to store them in smaller piles so they don't go mouldy in the middle. At least that's what they did at the only rice warehouse I have been to, although that was here in Cambodia and not Thailand.

20,000 sacks... can some poor TV farmer please translate that into baht?

Let me try, although I'm afraid I am a wildlife photographer and not a farmer, however I can use a calculator. The sacks are normally 50kg's so that's 1 million kg's or 1,000 metric tons. As for the value, that depends on what price you want to work with.

If it's paddy I believe it's worth around Baht 9,000 per ton = Baht 9 million

If it's milled white rice I think it's around Baht 12,000 per ton = Baht 12 million

If it's milled Jasmine I think the rate is around 15,000 per ton = Baht 15 million

Take your pick

I guess the owner of the warehouse was new to this business as I am pretty sure they are meant to store them in smaller piles so they don't go mouldy in the middle. At least that's what they did at the only rice warehouse I have been to, although that was here in Cambodia and not Thailand.

Here in Thailand they have a stack them high mentality .. all the Thai warehouses I've seen it's stack em high.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Biofuel? A company in Brazil has found a way to use unfit for consumption rice to make biofuel.

Biofuel YES!!!. The only use where it does not have to be consumed, Save the corn & sugar for sale. Seriously I waded through all those comments to see how long before someone asked that, Be nice to have had someone from the govt suggest that a while ago. It is soooooo bloody obvious, but see it here on TV, Ministry of Agriculture.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Biofuel? A company in Brazil has found a way to use unfit for consumption rice to make biofuel.

Biofuel YES!!!. The only use where it does not have to be consumed, Save the corn & sugar for sale. Seriously I waded through all those comments to see how long before someone asked that, Be nice to have had someone from the govt suggest that a while ago. It is soooooo bloody obvious, but see it here on TV, Ministry of Agriculture.

They have plenty of raw material, but do they have the unused/available distillery capacity?

And how much is that going to cost us taxpayers? Millions? Billions?

Corrupt PTP government going to dig into their own pockets to pay us back? bah.gif

No, the politicians are smarter. That is what you, the sheeple are for, pay the bill