Thai Irrigation Dept staff member beaten by anti-government guards

webfact

Irrigation Department man beaten by anti-government guards

BANGKOK, 1 March 2014 (NNT) – Police have indicated they will go over CCTV footage from cameras at the Department of Irrigation to identify around 10 guards from the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand who assaulted a department staff member who had taken pictures of them.

The anti-government group stormed the Department of Irrigation in Samsen, Bangkok on Friday. The Irrigation Department engineer took pictures of the group's security guards as they entered the department's premises.

According to his testimony, the man complied when the guards demanded the photographs be deleted, but another group of guards then starting beating him.

He added that nobody stepped in to help him as they were afraid of the guards. The man suffered multiple bruises inflicted by no fewer than 10 intruders.

According to his account, the victim then visited a nearby hospital for treatment but was denied care because the hospital did not want to create trouble with the anti-government protesters.

The man then decided to report the beating to police and to ask them to send him to Vajira hospital for treatment.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-01 footer_n.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this report being composed by Chalerm himself?

Is it another, Sunisa, and her lies, incident?

I will wait for more details to come out before I express an opinion.

Edited by metisdead
Itallics removed.

This sounds like a load of BS, although if someone was beaten by thugs, then they need to arrested and charged accordingly.

A hospital turning down someone for treatment goes against all ethics of medical practitioners.

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of effort in try to find grounds for violence by the anti-government, but no one is willing to go after the crimes comitted by the muderers.

It shows a lot that this government has an agenda. While the most violent crime of murder and shooting and bombings goes on.

It didn't happen. The guy got a beating for probably pissing someone off and decided to spin this yarn to discredit the protest guards, and push his pro-government agenda.

The police should ask for his memory card, deleted photos can be brought back using restoring software on any PC.

If no pictures of the guards, then throw him in prison for perjury.

Fat Haggis, on 01 Mar 2014 - 12:53, said:
Costas2008, on 01 Mar 2014 - 11:49, said:

Why wait? based on the contents and the way you composed your response it's quite clear you've already expressed an opinion wink.png

Doesn't matter if facts are presented, people tend to either believe them or discount them, based on their shirt colour!!

I, promise you, if it is true about the hospital treatment, I, will be the first to come out and condemn them.

By the way, I, prefer, blue shirts.smile.png

• Like 1

Perjury? I'm pretty sure perjury can only happen in courts, where you have been sworn in to tell the truth and the whole truth blah blah blah?

Lying to the cops isn't perjury, bet you've told cops lies and your partner little lies too, not perjury..just lies and fibs.

Once again the pro-protestor movement members instantly dismiss this as all lies, and the anti's say the opposite, what IF it really happened, I don't hear much condoning of the possibility of having a group..no a mob of people beating up another persons.

• Like 2

I like to know the name of the hospital (if it exists) that allegedly refused him treatment. I think doctors and nurses would never refuse to treatment anyone.

You have obviously not lived here long if you have never heard of a Hospital refusing to treat a patient.

How long i have lived here is irrelevant. Yes i have heard of hospitals refusing treatment but not for these reasons. I have a high regard for doctors and nurses and cannot believe they would turn away anyone who needed emergency treatment. The name of the hospital was IMO deliberately not reported because this story will have some fact to it but the rest is made up.

a hospital refused treatment?, sounds like a load of sh*t to me, lets wait for the footage to emerge then we can see exactly what really happened.

If hospital staff refused him medical help then they should be appropriately reprimanded,

As for the 10 guards(mindless thugs) they should be put in the hardest jail in the country,

How do you feel about your "peaceful protesters" now? that statement "sounds like a load of sh*t to me" and many othersw00t.gif

• Like 2

mrtoad, on 28 Feb 2014 - 21:56, said:

This sounds like a load of BS, although if someone was beaten by thugs, then they need to arrested and charged accordingly.

A hospital turning down someone for treatment goes against all ethics of medical practitioners.

"A hospital turning down someone for treatment goes against all ethics of medical practitioners".

Well it should do, but as has been seen in the not so distant past, ethics have been thrown to one side according to political beliefs..

• Like 2

It didn't happen. The guy got a beating for probably pissing someone off and decided to spin this yarn to discredit the protest guards, and push his pro-government agenda.

The police should ask for his memory card, deleted photos can be brought back using restoring software on any PC.

If no pictures of the guards, then throw him in prison for perjury.

Any evidence that this incident did or did not occur or are you yet another Thai Visa detective?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

seajae, on 28 Feb 2014 - 20:46, said:

a hospital refused treatment?, sounds like a load of sh*t to me, lets wait for the footage to emerge then we can see exactly what really happened.

Oh, they have prior, believe me. Doctors at Chulalongkorn Hospital refused to treat police in 2008

October 8, 2008

Chulalongkorn doctors boycott police

Doctors of the Chulalongkorn Hospital Wednesday refused to treat police injured during Tuesday s clashes with protesters.Doctor Suthep Kolcharnwit of the hospital s medical school said the boycott of police was a measure to denounce police's use of excessive violence against the protesters.Suthep said Chulalongkorn doctors would seek cooperation from doctors of other hospitals to boycott police.............

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/?keyword=30085488&x=18&y=13

And in 2009, a doctor at Ngao District Hospital, Lampang refused to treat a member of the UDD's mother, because the would be patients daughter was wearing a red shirt

Sasiros Phasamutr, 33, took her mother Yod Srinual to the District Hospital on Aug 13 to receive treatment for gout in her legs. When Sasiros pushed her mother into the room in a wheelchair, Doctor Benchawan Mairod saw that Sasiros was wearing a red t-shirt, pointed a finger at her and said out loud,

‘Why do you wear a red shirt? I don’t like the red shirts, especially Thaksin, who mess up the country.’

The doctor then wrote a note to send the patient to another doctor, saying that she ‘could not put up with examining people who wear a Thaksin t-shirt.’

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1363

It appears that some "Doctors" have decided they can abandon their ethical standards according to their political beliefs.

I guessed you would be the first to comment, another example to show you've run out of anything constructive to say.

Perhaps you'd like to remember the Chiang Mai 51 group who have shown many times, often with violence and severe intimidation, that their view is the only view and dissenters should be taught a severe lesson / be punished. Sort of pot calling the kettle black situation.

employ mafia street thugs as guards and this will be the result. That was apparent from day 1 and has been repeated so many times...

Any red gangs - always willing to serve for money. never fails, ooooops didn't you mean them ???

• Like 1

employ mafia street thugs as guards and this will be the result. That was apparent from day 1 and has been repeated so many times...

By both sides. However, the government's hired guns are now killing children as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

An idiot doctor said the same thing about treating reds during the 2010 mess. It does sound odd, but don't believe it couldn't happen.

This sounds fishy as hell, especially the part about being refused treatment.

If this is unsubstanciated, why is it being reported as if fact? Very poor journalism, as usual.

OMG substantiated facts...? Here...? Sorry you and I will both be PM before that happens..

You bet it is poor journalism they got no more real headlines now... their Circus is pretty much over ... but I am sure they will get plenty of knee jerk responses and interpretations...

next we will be hearing about the fake soi dog march on Government house...

This sounds fishy as hell, especially the part about being refused treatment.

If this is unsubstanciated, why is it being reported as if fact? Very poor journalism, as usual.

You got to be kidding. Poor journalism? Non-existent journalism with rumors. Why bother to get all the facts when you have a deadline to meet? After all, getting the facts takes the time to actually go to the hospital that (supposedly) denied service to an injured person, in order to interview them and "validate" the injured person was not fabricating the entire story. If 10 people beat him up, surprised he could even walk by himself. What happened to all of his co-workers inside the building? Same as the hospital?

Are you in all seriousness saying that you have not yet expressed an opinion on the alleged incident?

• Like 2