EM Activation period-how many days?

I am planning to add EM to my soil. I have added the molasses mixture and set it to "activate". How many days should I alow?. The lady at the garden shop said 7 days, but the EM application guide (English) website said 2-24 hours. Which is correct? Does it make a difference?. I like to be careful when preparing any mixtures for the garden. From reading the EM website I am concerned that too much activation time could elevate the ph too much. I have just added lime to increase my ph and don't want to overdo it. Can any of you farang gardeners/farmers clarify this for me?. Thanks.

It makes no difference whatsoever. The organisms in it will do nothing for your soil. The whole thing in Thailand is a ruse to get people to pay for the waste products of a certain tycoon's factories. Still, it's very kind of you to feed the ants.

Thanks for your comments. I have looked into this and found conflicting reports on its effectiveness. Our soil (fill dirt) is "sai din" and we're taking steps to improve it, Lots of manure, organic lime, mulch etc. We've got the EM so I'll give it a try. Some farang gardeners who use EM do indicate they have observed some improvement in the vitality of their gardens over time.

Thanks for your comments. I have looked into this and found conflicting reports on its effectiveness. Our soil (fill dirt) is "sai din" and we're taking steps to improve it, Lots of manure, organic lime, mulch etc. We've got the EM so I'll give it a try. Some farang gardeners who use EM do indicate they have observed some improvement in the vitality of their gardens over time.

I think you're much more along the right lines with the manure and other organic material. They'll definitely increase water retention and fertility and improve soil structure. Good luck.