Sharing a taxi to Cambodian border March 5

zappalot

Anyone willing to share a taxi to the Cambodian border on March 5?

I have been to Aranjaprathet/Poi Pet a few times and know the procedure perfectly, so a crossing would be very fast.

In addition to the taxi costs that would be only 20 US dollar for the visa to Cambodia.

I guess the cost for the taxi for the return trip would be about 3500 baht.

I know the single trip on the way back would be only 1900 baht.

Please only non-smokers.

if ur only going for a border run why not just rent a car for under 1,200 baht??

Gas would be another 1,200 or so in a honda or Toyota

Avis sometimes has deals for as little as 700 Baht including 3rd party insurance for group A and B vehicles, i.e. Toyota Vios, manual or automatic transmission, even if rented only for one day (24 hours). Suvarnabhumi Airport would be the most reasonable starting location and is conveniently located near the Motorway to Chachoengsao/Chonburi and only a little over 200km (3 hours) from the border at Aranyaprathet.

if ur only going for a border run why not just rent a car for under 1,200 baht??

visa service companies were invented for this purpose. No offense but doing business with complete strangers is not worth the trubble to save a few baht.

if you had a magic formula to cut out the hours of driving time i could be interested.....lol.

visa run services?? placing ur lives in the hand of some hoped up Thai driver that flies down the highway at 150 kms /hour?? no thanks.

Expats in Phuket have started a share visa run to Ranong and Penang on facebook an it is very popular also legal 100%, Maybe u all in Bangkok could do the same, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1402002616711342/

TO many accidents on those visa runs and its not about saving a few baht but ur life

visa service companies were invented for this purpose. No offense but doing business with complete strangers is not worth the trubble to save a few baht.

if you had a magic formula to cut out the hours of driving time i could be interested.....lol.

Plan your trips ahead of time and fly out and back

Let me say why I don't rent a car: I don't want to drive by myself. I want to use the Internet during this time and read a book. And for sure I do not let someone drive I don't know. I know taxi with seatbelts in the back, with a driver who is very careful, keeping huge distances to the cars in front of the taxi and so on. So I would not even go with any taxi.

If no one want to share a taxi to the Cambodian border Then I will take a train in the morning. If there aren't too many people I normally on time to catch the train back. Then my total cost is about 1000 baht for everything.

If there are too many people at the border crossing I possibly cannot make it back to the train station on time. Then plan B will be enforced: the day before I start I will print out some leaflets and try to find two or three people sharing a taxi back from the border to Bangkok.

If Plan B does not work plan C will get into work and that means I take back a bus which I would hate. But the minivan ride instead of a bus ride is only an option if you are ready to commit suicide. And I am definitely not yet.