Selling land with house - transfer fee

I bought a piece of land more than 5 years ago and registered it in Thai name. The property is not in a Moobaan or development .

I then build a house on it, which is in my name.

Now i have a buyer who may register it in his Thai wifes name or company, not decided yet.

Do I pay transfer fee on the land only or will the land department value the house also ?

The house is 15 km outside Pattaya in a rural area.

I think they assess taxes based on the total purchase price of land and house. If it is low, I think they'd likely assess it themselves.

Standard agreement here is that seller pays taxes and buyer pays transfer fees, but it is a negotiable term.

If the property was a residence but never lived in by the seller, (they'll check the house book) or if it was a short term of ownership, they'll assess the taxes at a higher rate as they would consider it a "business sale" rather just a sale and change of residence.
As far as how would they know that there was a house built on it...hmmm. In your case, you say that the house is in your name. That means you'd have had to take out a building permit for it in your name. I'd be willing to bet that somewhere in their system they have a way of checking building permits registered on properties. The process of transferring land is a slow one and they take their time making sure that everything is correct. You'll be at the office for most of one day doing this. One other thing. If your property has an address, which it will, it will only have a house number because there is a house. An empty lot will, not nor can it, have a house number. In the transfer of the land your wife will need to provide her house book and ID.....Housebook is registered to the property. So is yours. If the house is in your name, you have a yellow house book.

That's about all I know. Sorry it's not complete.

I think they assess taxes based on the total purchase price of land and house. If it is low, I think they'd likely assess it themselves.

Standard agreement here is that seller pays taxes and buyer pays transfer fees, but it is a negotiable term.

If the property was a residence but never lived in by the seller, (they'll check the house book) or if it was a short term of ownership, they'll assess the taxes at a higher rate as they would consider it a "business sale" rather just a sale and change of residence.

As far as how would they know that there was a house built on it...hmmm. In your case, you say that the house is in your name. That means you'd have had to take out a building permit for it in your name. I'd be willing to bet that somewhere in their system they have a way of checking building permits registered on properties. The process of transferring land is a slow one and they take their time making sure that everything is correct. You'll be at the office for most of one day doing this. One other thing. If your property has an address, which it will, it will only have a house number because there is a house. An empty lot will, not nor can it, have a house number. In the transfer of the land your wife will need to provide her house book and ID.....Housebook is registered to the property. So is yours. If the house is in your name, you have a yellow house book.

That's about all I know. Sorry it's not complete.

I have no wife, but I have a house with building license in my name, and a blue and yellow book. Blue book has no name in it, only an address, yellow book has my name.