Discreet Porta Potties on the beach

klons

For those of you that don’t know about them, I’m here to clue you in.

Before going up the hill to feed the monkeys, the wife and I stopped by Bang Saen beach in ChonBuri to have a look around. It was fairly quiet being monday morning except for a bunch of little Thai kids having a ball in the water. They must of been bussed in on a field trip. To our left was an elderly Thai lady who I think was left in charge of renting a section of beach chairs. To the right a middle aged Thai lady was renting inner tubes. The eldely lady wanders down to the edge of the water where all the kids are. When it becomes apparent what the elderly lady is planning to do at the waters edge, the lady at the inner tubes says like Oh! no! no! no! you can’t go there, come over here, you can go here. So the elderly lady comes over and steps into an inner tube and gets some more put over her head like donuts on a peg. Voila! No one can see and no one gets grossed out.

I’m just speculating here, but Thai people probably get this service for free. But farangs probably will need to rent between 5 and 10 inner tubes, depending on whether your going to stand or squat. The good thing about renting inner tubes is you don’t have to worry too much about extortion for damages you did not do. However you might be hit with a cleaning charge.