Update Info on Non Imm B Visa , Multiple Entry

Can someone give some information on the where about to get a 1 Year Non Immig. B, Multiple entry Visa.

Seems as if the rules are changing slowly in all embassys and consulates. They say they no longer will give more than single entry.

Any recent comments on this

I used the Embassy in KL , but they say now single only.

Thanks

I needed a new non b and work permit, was looking into this a few weeks ago as they run out soon. Spoke with my lawyer and she is organising everything (nonB multiple entry and work permit) and I don't even have to leave the country. Suggestion, speak with your lawyer and see what they can do. No neighbouring country does the multiple entry anymore.

I needed a new non b and work permit, was looking into this a few weeks ago as they run out soon. Spoke with my lawyer and she is organising everything (nonB multiple entry and work permit) and I don't even have to leave the country. Suggestion, speak with your lawyer and see what they can do. No neighbouring country does the multiple entry anymore.

You will get no multiple entry visa from immigration. You get an extension of stay based upon working and a multiple re-entry permit.

Multiple entry non-b visas are still being done as mentioned before.

Penang still does them if you have a 8 months left on your work permit.

Kota Bharu appears to be doing them also this from a face book post that was posted earlier today in a topic,

Just wondering - would that mean that if an applicant got a job where the salary was less than that required by immigration for an extension of stay, say 35,000B a month, such applicant could apply for a WP on a tourist visa or exemption, go to say Vientiane with the WP slip, obtain a 3-month single entry and then after obtaining a new WP could then slip down to Penang or Kota Bharu and get a 1 year multiple entry non-B?

I'm assuming that based on the requirement to show a WP with at least 8 months remaining then it will be necessary to leave Thailand twice, once for the initial non-B to pickup the WP (at any conveniently located consulate or emabssy) and a second time to obtain a 1 year multiple entry non-B with 90 day stays on each entry.

Kota Bharu appears to be doing them also this from a face book post that was posted earlier today in a topic,

Just wondering - would that mean that if an applicant got a job where the salary was less than that required by immigration for an extension of stay, say 35,000B a month, such applicant could apply for a WP on a tourist visa or exemption, go to say Vientiane with the WP slip, obtain a 3-month single entry and then after obtaining a new WP could then slip down to Penang or Kota Bharu and get a 1 year multiple entry non-B?

I'm assuming that based on the requirement to show a WP with at least 8 months remaining then it will be necessary to leave Thailand twice, once for the initial non-B to pickup the WP (at any conveniently located consulate or emabssy) and a second time to obtain a 1 year multiple entry non-B with 90 day stays on each entry.

Getting a non-b visa does not have the same requirements as an extension of stay based upon working such as salary, number of Thai employees and etc.

You would have to go out for a single B visa then after getting work permit make another trip out of the country for the multiple entry visa.

Yes.

Providing all the necessary papers can be produced - see link below - there is no income requirement for a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant ' B' Visa.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

Current Work Permit with Consulate specified validity period can be supplied in lieu of WP1/3 Receipt and/or Letter of Acceptance from Labour.

----------------------------------

Are you sure it is a VISA you're getting and NOT a visa extension for one more year?

There is a big difference, actual VISAS are not given in Thailand. They are given only outside of Thailand, not in Thai immigration in country.

EXTENSIONS are given in country, and can also be for a year. Bur with an extension you must do 90 day reporting (someone can do this for you or it can be done my mail).

You can also get an effective multi-entry exit permit with that EXTENSION, good for the one year, by obtaining a multi-entry exit reentry permit at the same time as that extension for an extra 3900 Baht which will allow unlimited exits and reentries into Thailand during the one year period of the extension.

Many people get the VISA they get outside of Thailand, and the EXTENSION of that visa they get inside Thailand confused.

The problem with that is that they both have slightly different requirements, and not doing the right thing can cause problems for you.

Basically a VISA does not need 90 day reporting, but an EXTENSION does.

That's why it's important to be absolutely sure which one you really have is.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

----------------------------------

Are you sure it is a VISA you're getting and NOT a visa extension for one more year?

There is a big difference, actual VISAS are not given in Thailand. They are given only outside of Thailand, not in Thai immigration in country.

EXTENSIONS are given in country, and can also be for a year. Bur with an extension you must do 90 day reporting (someone can do this for you or it can be done my mail).

You can also get an effective multi-entry exit permit with that EXTENSION, good for the one year, by obtaining a multi-entry exit reentry permit at the same time as that extension for an extra 3900 Baht which will allow unlimited exits and reentries into Thailand during the one year period of the extension.

Many people get the VISA they get outside of Thailand, and the EXTENSION of that visa they get inside Thailand confused.

The problem with that is that they both have slightly different requirements, and not doing the right thing can cause problems for you.

Basically a VISA does not need 90 day reporting, but an EXTENSION does.

That's why it's important to be absolutely sure which one you really have is.

Visas cannot be extended under any circumstances, only a Permission to Stay (obtained on entry to Thailand with a valid visa) can be extended.