Women network calls for revision of rights award to Yaowares Shinawatra

webfact

rubl, on 04 Mar 2014 - 13:31, said:
fab4, on 04 Mar 2014 - 12:38, said:
rubl, on 03 Mar 2014 - 13:46, said:rubl, on 03 Mar 2014 - 13:46, said:
terryp, on 03 Mar 2014 - 11:15, said:terryp, on 03 Mar 2014 - 11:15, said:

Mrs Yaowares Shinawatra as a recipient to this year’s award for outstanding performance in promoting equal rights of men and women, and women’s right protection.

WHAT? has this parasite done amd where???

this is one of the main problems in Thailand too much elite cr"p like this...there are MANY good average Thais who have done so much to help the Poor and Women in distress this is an insult to their devoted work

Now, now, don't be too harsh on her. When her driver fell ill and could no longer function as MP, she reluctantly left her safe home and agreed to stand as candidate. Now that showed courage, dedication. Mind you, her many tasks seemed to have kept her from campaigning in the district and meet the electorate which wanted some more say in who represented them as MP, but that's just the normal disturbance created by those who do not understand democracy.

Just can't help yourself can you? Lets have your ideas of those people you think understand democracy, you must have some ideas as you have decided this woman doesn't.

My dear chap, your 'reading and apprehending' course not finished yet I guess, or did you fail the exam?

I didn't say Mrs. Yaowares didn't understand democracy. but now that you put forward that suggestion I might tend to agree with you. Thanks wai.gif

Thank you for your snide comment. I did read your post wrong, I apologise. It wasn't Yarowares you were denigrating for not understanding democracy , it was the government. My question still stands though, who do you think does understand democracy?

Is it suthep with his campaign to overthrow the (caretaker now) government and replace it with an unelected council, or the democrat party, the party that refused to take part in an election and has apparently abandoned politics for at least 5 years after not voting in the ongoing Royally decreed election?

Do they understand democracy?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rubl, on 04 Mar 2014 - 13:31, said:

My dear chap, your 'reading and apprehending' course not finished yet I guess, or did you fail the exam?

I didn't say Mrs. Yaowares didn't understand democracy. but now that you put forward that suggestion I might tend to agree with you. Thanks wai.gif

Thank you for your snide comment. I did read your post wrong, I apologise. It wasn't Yarowares you were denigrating for not understanding democracy , it was the government. My question still stands though, who do you think does understand democracy?

Is it suthep with his campaign to overthrow the (caretaker now) government and replace it with an unelected council, or the democrat party, the party that refused to take part in an election and has apparently abandoned politics for at least 5 years after not voting in the ongoing Royally decreed election?

My dear Fab4, in a reply to another post of mine in this topic you commented on what you considered an off topic remark of mine. So why do you continue to ask me to go even further of topic?

BTW I also didn't 'denigrate' the Yingluck government. The handling of the Yaowares candidacy, lack of even going to the constituency and constituency voters complaining that they should have a say in who they could choose to represent them, shows the government is perfectly capable of doing it themselves.

Edited by rubl

just give her an honorary doctor title and call it a day...

looking at the picture, did she eat the missing rice?

Now that was a low blow.tongue.png

Does any one know any thing about what she has done.

I figured she would be in the politics up to her neck but there was no word about her actions.

so far most of what I have seen here is really nonsense. For all we really know she may have been very active in helping women.

She just has the bad luck to be in a clan that has a very unsavory reputation. Don't know that much about her she might be a good apple in a barrel full of bad ones for all I know and it seems like most of the posters here know about the same as I do.sad.png

Yaowares Shinawatra, was President of the National Council of Women of Thailand under the Royal Patronage of Her Majesty the Queen. She was active in the launch of several initiatives to improve the position of women in Thai society.

She has worked on behalf of women's rights and the opening up of opportunity for women for about 25 years. She was not involved in politics until Thaksin was forced into exile and the family came under attack. It is interesting that few of Thaksin's 9 siblings were interested in politics on a national scale. The Shinawatra family was a trendsetter when it came to women expressing themselves. Sister Yaowalak (RIP) was the first woman mayor of Chiang Mai and Yingluck is the first PM. All of the Shinawatra women have been independent and successful in their own right.

I find it odd that the denigrating and misogynistic comments in this thread are being voiced by middle aged men, most of whom probably have a few failed marriages or abandoned families to show for their time on earth. It is also odd that the males calling Yaowares a cow etc. are most likely morbidly obese themselves. I suppose one should laugh at such people, but really it does explain why they have a sorry track record with educated secure women. Perhaps there are better candidates than Yaowares, but considering the fear and resentment many of the respondents on this thread have for women, I don't think those males are in a position to render judgement.

You forgot to mention she is an expert in tic-tac-toe and plays a mean air guitar...and being that you are Dr. (honorary) Thaksin's adopted geriatric kid, she is also your auntie.

just give her an honorary doctor title and call it a day...

looking at the picture, did she eat the missing rice?

Now that was a low blow.tongue.png

Does any one know any thing about what she has done.

I figured she would be in the politics up to her neck but there was no word about her actions.

On various search engines, a wealth of information is available on Yaowaret's dubious activities going back years,

eg.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/39689-thaksins-sister-accused-of-kickbacks/

PM's sister accused of kickbacks

"Mrs Yaowaret and a politician demanded 300 million baht in 'commission' to secure a 25-year parking service contract for the new Suvarnabhumi airport."

"They promised future assistance for the company to win a furniture contract worth more than one billion baht."

and

Thaksin's sister insists on chairing a university council without a degree

Yaowaret Shinawatra, younger sister of the deposed prime minister, is holding on to her post as Chairman of Ubon Ratchathani Rajabhat University Council, even though her bachelor's degree from Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University has been revoked, because of an allegedly forged vocational certificate.

Mrs Yaowares Shinawatra as a recipient to this year’s award for outstanding performance in promoting equal rights of men and women, and women’s right protection.

this is one of the main problems in Thailand too much elite cr"p like this...there are MANY good average Thais who have done so much to help the Poor and Women in distress this is an insult to their devoted work

Now, now, don't be too harsh on her. When her driver fell ill and could no longer function as MP, she reluctantly left her safe home and agreed to stand as candidate. Now that showed courage, dedication. Mind you, her many tasks seemed to have kept her from campaigning in the district and meet the electorate which wanted some more say in who represented them as MP, but that's just the normal disturbance created by those who do not understand democracy.

Similar to the confusion on the first page of the thread between Potjaman and Yaowaret, you are confusing Thaksin's other sister Yaowapa, with the sister of this thread, Yaowaret. Yaowapa is the sister that is an MP.

Perhaps photos can help forum members to differentiate between the three ladies.

T012286a.jpg

Potjaman

tnews_1363498133_3314.jpg

Yaowapa

yaowaret.jpg

Yaowaret (sometimes transliterated as Yaowares)

Similar to the confusion on the first page of the thread between Potjaman and Yaowaret, you are confusing Thaksin's other sister Yaowapa, with the sister of this thread, Yaowaret. Yaowapa is the sister that is an MP.

Perhaps photos can help forum members to differentiate between the three ladies.

Potjaman

Yaowapa

Excuses, you're right. I humbly stand corrected wai2.gif

PS I'm really surprised not even my devoted follower fab4 seems to have noticed. He only kept bothering me about my view on democracy rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

If she really did good things then she should not be in this problem. Its not her mistake she has a convicted criminal as a brother and an incompetent sister who avoids running a country.

No need to make her pay for the mistakes of others, if she really did make an effort and change then by all means reward her good news if real should be shown too.

• Like 1

T012286a.jpg

Potjaman

tnews_1363498133_3314.jpg

Yaowapa

yaowaret.jpg

That's what happens when you do the stupid sounding similar names thing .. like Thaksins kids Pingtong. Pangpong and Pingpangpong or whatever they are!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you understand Democracy. 48% with 100% of the power is not Democracy.

You conveniently over look the fact that Suthep has not suggested an unelected council for good.

It is just a temporary measure until they can get the government operating in a respectable way by clarifying points in the constitution so there is no misunderstanding and putting in some penalties that will have a real bite to them.

Also to accomplish this they will have to do some thing about the police department.

Things like decent wages and no more rank by bribery or nepotism. Also the election system needs a drastic overhaul.

Just what is it you have against an honest for the people government?wai.gif

Thailand has hit it's bottom and it is time to start the climb back up. In doing this there will be people getting hurt. The sudden lack of unearned money or freebie's will be very painful for some. That is the price that must be paid on the road to respectability.

Live with it.

Before I go can you direct me to the source you have saying Suthep wants to replace the government with the Democrats.

E400E220E320E270E400E230E280_E0A0E340E19

Alas, it's all for naught.

Late this afternoon, Yarowet Shinawatra has rejected her nomination for Outstanding Woman.

As per norm for the Shinawatras, the breaking news was posted on Facebook by her daughter..

Yes it is all for Naught.

It sure has brought out the anti Shinawatra in people. Not even willing to consider that one of them has a decent side to her.

Thaksin has certainly attached a stigma to the Shinawatra name and no amount of good can get rid of it. I have absolutely no use for Thaksin and his appointed stooges. Or should I say bought stooges.

But looking at her track record it goes back before Thaksin became a force. I have to give her credit.

Yaowares has no regrets over opposition to rights promotion award

yoawares1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Mrs Yaowares Shinawatra, president of the National Outstanding Thai Women Association, has no regrets over opposition to the proposed awarding of outstanding performance to her by the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security, her daughter Miss Chayika Wongpahan said.

Miss Chayika, the eldest daughter of Mrs Yaowares , said in an open letter released to the media today that her mother has no regrets after the Women and Men Progressive Movement Foundation coordinator Miss Supensri Puengkoksoong opposed the outstanding performance award to her, citing reasons of inappropriateness and disqualification.

The awarding ceremony is scheduled to be held at Muangthong Thani exhibition center on March 7 to mark the International Women’s Day on March 18.

Miss Chayika said her mother would like to inform that she has devoted all the time in working to promote equal rights of women and men, and women’s rights protection.

Her mother did all work with hope for nothing but for the benefit of women which she said confidently would be of great interest to many women.

This was what she intended to achieve throughout her 20 years of live in working for the societies, she said.

Yaowares said in the open letter that she was ready to abdicate the right for the award to create an atmosphere of unity and reconciliation in the country, and also would like to boost the morale of all women who are to be awarded for outstanding performance in working for women’s rights.

Mrs Yaowares is among 35 women named recipients to this year’s outstanding performances in 16 categories of works for women and family activities.

She was proposed by the Office of the Women’s Affairs and Family Development to the organizing committee of this year’s ceremony to mark the International Women’s Day to be a qualified recipient with outstanding performance in promoting equal rights of women and men, and also rights protection for women.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yaowares-regrets-opposition-rights-promotion-award/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-03-04

Bitches

they're all bitches