PDRC calls DSI to file treason charge against red-shirts in Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Pete's sake! It was a throwaway remark made by an obscure <deleted> who's only claim to relevancy is belonging to a tiny activist group that virtually nobody had even heard of before now.

If there were even the remotest chance that saying these sort of things might actually lead to problems, I would support reigning this fellow in using one law or another - although "treason" still seems a bit over the top. But there isn't. Frankly I'd be quite surprised to find that the guy who actually said it, let alone anybody else, takes the idea seriously.

The suggestion that you could muster any level of support for secession from the Kingdom in Chiang Mai is risible. Folks who say otherwise are not discussing the real world, they are playing childish games.

If it was just a throwaway remark, why were there signs and head bands?

• Like 2

Army: "Separatism is illegal but a coup would be perfectly legal."

There won't be a coup, the game is already over for this government.

There may however need to be martial law, and a crackdown against anyone advocating secession.... for the obvious good of Thailand.

• Like 1

I would not worry too much about it, hasn't Suthep and Abhisit got arrest warrants out for them for a number of charges including murder and nothing has been done about that for months. I think if they arrested every one that has been charged and have warrants out for them they would have to build a few more prisons.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is an attempt to corner Tharit into doing his job.

The red shirts won't like it but he will be subject to prosecution if he fails to do so

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Doubtful if they would prosecute the slime bag , but the attempt to corner Tarit could be right on the mark

Don't worry, the DSI will do it if there is evidence that there was a public declaration to secede northern region to establish an independent state.

However, the dem's pdrc/pcad should know that the Sor Por Por Lanna stands for Samatcha Pokpong Prachathipatai of Lanna (council of Lanna people to protect democracy), is to protect the democratic system with the king as the HOS.

They are enough evidence to prove that the activities of the dem's pdrc/pcad and allied groups are insurrection, seditious and rebellion against the state if there is no social, political and judicial injustices and double standard.

The DSI is not interested to investigate the largest corruption scam in Thai history. Why should we have fate in the DSI? Please explain why you say "don't worry".

IF the Army steps in and sides/aligns itself with the PDRC it's only just going to make things worse, a whole lot worse, both Suthep and Thaksin are megalomaniacs and it's time for some cool heads to prevail, the silence from the Dems is disturbing, maybe in the grand old schme of things Martial Law and having the Military run the country with an Iron fist might be the boot up the arse these Politicians need..

You may find that the Army itself could fragment, I'm pretty sure there's enough red supporters within their ranks to discard their uniforms and walk away..

Suthep has stated he'd stop if civil war looked likely, well the chances have increads in that direction just a little bit more these past few days.

IF the Army steps in and sides/aligns itself with the PDRC it's only just going to make things worse, a whole lot worse, both Suthep and Thaksin are megalomaniacs and it's time for some cool heads to prevail, the silence from the Dems is disturbing, maybe in the grand old schme of things Martial Law and having the Military run the country with an Iron fist might be the boot up the arse these Politicians need..

You may find that the Army itself could fragment, I'm pretty sure there's enough red supporters within their ranks to discard their uniforms and walk away..

Suthep has stated he'd stop if civil war looked likely, well the chances have increads in that direction just a little bit more these past few days.

Well thank you for those introspections.

Now back to the topic with a leader of the PDRC calling on the DSI to file treason charges against those who want to split up the country.

Edited by rubl

I would not worry too much about it, hasn't Suthep and Abhisit got arrest warrants out for them for a number of charges including murder and nothing has been done about that for months. I think if they arrested every one that has been charged and have warrants out for them they would have to build a few more prisons.

Abhisit has no outstanding arrest warrants. He went to court the last time he was summonsed.

So are you saying Abhisit is off the hook for the murders and Suthep is now dangling with I think it was 90 or 99 murders over his head from 2010.

Surapong rejects attempt to divide Thailand

By Digital Content

1393826503792.jpg

BANGKOK, Mar 3 – Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul today called on the army and police to avoid a double standard in dealing with red shirt protesters in northern Thailand.

He said the proposal to separate Thailand was only the opinions of certain groups of people who have been frustrated with the opposition’s attempt to divide people and foster hatred for one another among Thai citizens.

Mr Surapong, caretaker foreign minister and chief adviser of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), was referring to a call by some pro-government supporters to separate Thailand’s North and Northeast into a new country.

The Third Army Region Command, in charge of the northern region, was instructed by the army chief to file lawsuit against those involved in separatism. They could be charged with rebellion, if found guilty.

“Sor Por Por Lanna” belongs to the Democracy Support and Protection Group, and it is not an abbreviation of People’s Democratic Republic Lanna as misunderstood, said Mr Surapong in his defence of the widely-criticised Sor Por Por Lanna group.

He said it was impossible to stop some people from expressing their ideas but “we have to be impartial and we will not allow any factions to instigate others and create conflicts.”

Mr Surapong said police and military personnel should be patient and perform their duties fairly while avoiding allegation of double standard.

He said he would raise the army chief’s concern over the protesting situation in the North in the CMPO meeting.

Mr Surapong called on anti-government protesters to move out of several rally venues in the capital to pave the way for police and military personnel to maintain public order and safety. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-03-03

LOL! I called it correct. Surapong calls on the army not to practice double standards while that's exactly what he and the government are doing! Why aren't they condemning these separatists but are rather defending them as only 'expressing ideas'? rolleyes.gif

Yes. And why is this government not investigating any murder and attack against people who are against them? The corrupt police force is completely controlled by the Shins.

Or maybe..... it seems that not ALL police are taking orders from Thaksin anymore. Let's hope that there is some light at the end of the black Shin tunnel of corruption.

Abhisit has no outstanding arrest warrants. He went to court the last time he was summonsed.

So are you saying Abhisit is off the hook for the murders and Suthep is now dangling with I think it was 90 or 99 murders over his head from 2010.

No, that is not what he is saying. Just read carefully.

• Like 1

By royal decree an election signed, FACT,,, publicly defied by Suthep and his mates, But no order to charge them with anything,,,

So tell us all here just where is this so-called double standard?blink.png

You don't read much news, do you?

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2014/02/20/arrest-warrants-issued-for-5-pdrc-leaders-for-disrupting-advance-polls/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702310-thai-court-issues-arrest-warrants-for-19-pdrc-leaders/

Not when the news is deterimental to his point of view.

Also Suthep does not have an arrest warrant for the same murder charge, they are awaiting him to come and acknowledge the charges. Which he will eventually, as he knows the cases will be thrown out as they were acting in a ministerial capacity and not personal, also the huge lack of evidence to get a successful conviction.

Also, the only other arrest warrants on Suthep are for protest related offenses which were issued BEFORE the constitutional court ruled the protests peaceful and in accordance with the law and constitution, which means those warrants no longer have substance.

So I also would not worry too much about it, and neither does Suthep or Abhisit.

Edited by PepperMe
  • Like 1

blink.png Where did I say he was off the hook? I said he has no outstanding arrest warrants. That doesn't mean he doesn't have outstanding court proceedings.

99 murders? I asked someone else to explain how they came up with that number, but he doesn't seem to be able to. Maybe you can?

And in the UK

" The Scottish independence party have been taken to the Tower"

I think there is a little difference between La-La-Land and Scotland's proposed route to independence.

Scotland asked for a referendum, I do not recall big rallies with hot heads threatening civil disobedience & UDI, mores the pity as I would love to see that balding little fat guy locked in the Tower at her majesties pleasure. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

For Pete's sake! It was a throwaway remark made by an obscure &lt;deleted&gt; who's only claim to relevancy is belonging to a tiny activist group that virtually nobody had even heard of before now.

If there were even the remotest chance that saying these sort of things might actually lead to problems, I would support reigning this fellow in using one law or another - although "treason" still seems a bit over the top. But there isn't. Frankly I'd be quite surprised to find that the guy who actually said it, let alone anybody else, takes the idea seriously.

The suggestion that you could muster any level of support for secession from the Kingdom in Chiang Mai is risible. Folks who say otherwise are not discussing the real world, they are playing childish games.

If it was just a throwaway remark, why were there signs and head bands?

Additonally, CM 51 group is widely known by many people due to their extreme actions and words in the past.

Also, their leader Petchawarat, while admittedly is a "&lt;deleted&gt;", nevertheless, is not obscure as a long-time extremist as well as an Adviser to a Cabinet Minister in Yingluck's administration.

Jeez, talk about trying to minimalize the Red Shirt Separatists.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Davidhere

Hi Basil B,

"I think there is a little difference between La-La-Land and Scotland's proposed route to independence."

Agree just making the point about the way other countries deal with freedom of speech and thought,

as is allowed here in somethings but not all. These charges of sedition would not be brought in the UK for people making such suggestions.

Edited by lostinsurin

this tit for tat is ripping Thailand apart, it looks more and more likely that a coup is on the cards.

Don't think so.

But if the PTP is worried about it they could always lock up the red shirt leaders who are walking around with charges hanging over their head and public announce they have no relation to the red shirts. They have decided to work for the betterment of Thailand rather than Thaksin Shinawatra and his hired goons.

I don't think it is legally possible for Interpol to arrest Thaksin but they could at least try to get them to do it.

then I woke up

• Like 1

Army files treason charge against Chiang Mai hardliner red-shirt leader

secessionq-wpcf_728x413-wpcf_728x413.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- The chief intelligence army officer of the 33rd Army Area based in Chiang Mai today officially asked Chiang Mai police to file treason charge against a hardliner red-shirt leader over his serious remark threatening to divide the country and establish an independent state.

Colonel Poka Jokloi, the intelligence chief officer and his aide Lt-Col Sandot Dongpari, filed a complaint with the police accusing the hardliner red-shirt leader Petcharawat Watanapongsirikul, core leader of the Rak Chiang Mai Group 51, of committing treason when he gave interview to the media about the separation of the country and the putting up of an inciting huge banner at Don Chan pedestrian overpass in Chiang Mai.

The banner reads “Justice does not exist in this country. Let’s divide it to establish Lanna state.”

His press interview and inciting banner blatantly breached Article 113 and 114 of the Criminal Court and is tantamount to commit treason.

Article 113 reads whoever uses force or threatens to use force to overthrow or change the constitutional regime, or to overthrow the Legislative, the Administrative and the Judicial powers, or to secede the country or to seize power in any part of the country, that person or persons are subject to commit treason and will be liable for death penalty or life imprisonment.

Chiang Mai police chief Col Chairit Sriwararath noted down the complaint in criminal file book to take further action against the wrongdoers.

Meanwhile the hardliner red-shirt leader Petcharawat said he would give a press conference late this afternoon about the accusation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-files-treason-charge-chiang-mai-hardliner-red-shirt-leader/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-03

Army Declares War On Non-Existing Separatists
By Khaosod English

13938284401393829011l.jpg
Leaders of the Redshirts symbolically cut the wood for good luck during their rally in Udonthani province, 2 March 2014

BANGKOK; -- The Royal Thai Army says it will take actions against what the top brass misunderstood as a separatist group in northern Thailand.

Lt.Gen. Preecha Chan-Ocha, commander of the Third Region Army, told reporters on Sunday that he has been instructed by his brother and the Commander-in-Chief, Gen. Prayuth Chan-Ocha, to strictly monitor the movements of an activist group called Sor Por Por Lanna.

Lanna is the traditional name of a number of provinces which are now incorporated into northern Thailand, while Sor Por Por evokes the abbreviated official name of Laos in Thai language: Sor Por Por Laos - People′s Democratic Republic of Laos.

According to an army spokesman, some pro-government Redshirts activists in the northern province of Chiang Mai were seen waving red-white banners bearing the words "Sor Por Por Lanna", which he found it very inappropriate, as the banner suggested that the Redshirts were advocating for a separate state called People′s Democratic Republic of Lanna.

"It′s illegal and it′s not constructive at all," said the spokesman, Col. Winthai Suvaree.

He warned that members of the public should think twice before joining the group, since advocating separatist ideas is illegal under the Thai laws. "Freedom to express different ideas is the rights guaranteed by the Constitution, but a separatist expression is not," Col. Winthai said.

Gen. Prayuth has already instructed military representatives in Chiang Mai and Phayao to press charge against Sor Por Por Lanna, Lt.Gen. Preecha announced.

The lieutenant general accused the group of violating Article 113 of the Thai Criminal Codes, which bans any action or threat to overthrow the administrative regime or separate any territory of the kingdom.

If found guilty, the accused could face life sentence or even death penalty.

Lt.Gen. Preecha added that Sor Por Por Lanna might also be convicted under Article 114, which criminalised attempts to conspire in treason against the state.

He named two local Redshirts groups - Love Chiang Mai 51, and Phayao Redshirts - as core elements of Sor Por Por Lanna.

A number of media, Thai and foreign, have previously voiced speculation that Redshirts in their northern and northeastern strongholds of Thailand are gearing up for a separatist campaign in response to the perceived injustice they have faced at the hands of Bangkok elite.

Some Redshirts also publicly suggested that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra move the capital city to Chiang Mai and declare herself as the only legitimate government should the military side with ongoing anti-government protests and stage a coup against her administration.

Northern and northeastern Thailand is known as heartlands of Ms. Yingluck′s supporters, while much of her opposition hails from urban Bangkok and the south of the country.

"Let me stress that the military has performed its duty to the fullest. We have never taken any side," Lt.Col. Preecha said, "But I admit the Third Region [military district] has seen movements that might mislead the people, especially the Sor Por Por Lanna group".

He also vowed to conduct a meeting with Governors of 17 provinces and organise a special operation to combat the separatist sedition allegedly advocated by Sor Por Por Lanna.

However, a quick search on the Internet would have informed the army top brass that Sor Por Por Lanna is far from a republican Leninist revolutionary movement.

Sor Por Por Lanna is in fact a local chapter of Bangkok-based Sor Por Por, the Assembly For Defence of Democracy (AFDD), which was formed by a group of academics in late December to support the 2 February general election.

The group was established as a response to the anti-government People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), who sought to boycott the 2 February election and replace Ms. Yingluck′s government with an unelected "People′s Council".

In a statement released yesterday, the AFDD affirms its stance as a group to campaign for a democratic transition under the electoral system.

The AFDD has no separatist agenda, the statement says, and the group also requested the military to review its intelligence units which might have been responsible for such "distorting" information.

Nevertheless, the AFDD acknowledges that some citizens in the north and northeast are starting to voice their opinions that their regions should be independent from Bangkok and the south.

"Although Sor Por Por recognises that such notion is neither an achievable goal nor a solution to solve the present crisis in Thai society, Sor Por Por would like to highlight the importance of the perspective, as it reflects the bitterness felt by many people toward the political injustice which has been occurring since 2006 military coup," the statement says.

It adds, "Instead of seeking legal actions against ordinary citizens, those in power and all political groups should seriously consider the problem, namely by questioning what has caused these people to feel in such way".

"Sor Por Por believes that questioning and answering the issues with open heart is the only way to keep Thailand from fragmenting any further than the present situation".

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU16Z3lPRFEwTUE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-03

Surapong rejects attempt to divide Thailand

By Digital Content

1393826503792.jpg

BANGKOK, Mar 3 – Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul today called on the army and police to avoid a double standard in dealing with red shirt protesters in northern Thailand.

He said the proposal to separate Thailand was only the opinions of certain groups of people who have been frustrated with the opposition’s attempt to divide people and foster hatred for one another among Thai citizens.

Mr Surapong, caretaker foreign minister and chief adviser of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), was referring to a call by some pro-government supporters to separate Thailand’s North and Northeast into a new country.

The Third Army Region Command, in charge of the northern region, was instructed by the army chief to file lawsuit against those involved in separatism. They could be charged with rebellion, if found guilty.

“Sor Por Por Lanna” belongs to the Democracy Support and Protection Group, and it is not an abbreviation of People’s Democratic Republic Lanna as misunderstood, said Mr Surapong in his defence of the widely-criticised Sor Por Por Lanna group.

He said it was impossible to stop some people from expressing their ideas but “we have to be impartial and we will not allow any factions to instigate others and create conflicts.”

Mr Surapong said police and military personnel should be patient and perform their duties fairly while avoiding allegation of double standard.

He said he would raise the army chief’s concern over the protesting situation in the North in the CMPO meeting.

Mr Surapong called on anti-government protesters to move out of several rally venues in the capital to pave the way for police and military personnel to maintain public order and safety. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-03-03

LOL! I called it correct. Surapong calls on the army not to practice double standards while that's exactly what he and the government are doing! Why aren't they condemning these separatists but are rather defending them as only 'expressing ideas'? rolleyes.gif

Yes. And why is this government not investigating any murder and attack against people who are against them? The corrupt police force is completely controlled by the Shins.

Or maybe..... it seems that not ALL police are taking orders from Thaksin anymore. Let's hope that there is some light at the end of the black Shin tunnel of corruption.

That would be sensible. The government is afraid that if they arrest one he might tell the truth behind the attackand guarantee the downfall of the government.

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said

divide people and foster hatred for one another among Thai citizens

How are they trying to do that? Is he saying there was no division among the hard working honest citizens and red shirts until the hard working honest grass roots people said they wanted an honest government. Immediately apon hearing that news the red shirts started to hate them and set them apart from them.402.gif

For Pete's sake! It was a throwaway remark made by an obscure &lt;deleted&gt; who's only claim to relevancy is belonging to a tiny activist group that virtually nobody had even heard of before now.

Well he may be all you say he is But why was he not countered on the spot by the red shirt leaders and ministers who were present? Why have they set up a recruitment center for 600,000 army members? The Thai government doesn't need them.