Need a fuel hose guy to swag my banjos!

BSJ

Arrrrh! Just after I put the VTX back together and start it....the fuel hose (high pressure) between the tank and inlet manifold burst. Now short of getting a new one from the states, I was kinda hoping I could get a local company to use my old banjos and fit a new hose.

Anyone know the location of a place that can do the job?

Excuse me Mr BSJ but I think the word you're looking for is "swage" as the word "swag" as this word means a blanket roll carried by "Swaggies" (hobo's) in Australia! thumbsup.gifwai.gif

You're right, but not many swaggies have a banjo on hand to swag either...smile.png

If the hydraulic hose is ethanol resistant. I was thinking polyurethane but don't know want the fuel pressure is on a VTX.

I have used Swagelok PB air tubing for the oil cooler on my Honda. (because it was "available"whistling.gif ) OK for 350 psi and about 250F and it is Buna-N so is ethanol compatible.

Just secure it with two hose clamps

Edited by VocalNeal

If the hydraulic hose is ethanol resistant. I was thinking polyurethane but don't know want the fuel pressure is on a VTX.

I have used Swagelok PB air tubing for the oil cooler on my Honda. (because it was "available"whistling.gif ) OK for 350 psi and about 250F and it is Buna-N so is ethanol compatible.

It's running at 343 kPa (3.5 kgf/cml , 50 psi). I am not feeling confident about a hose with clamps! blink.png I am in Pattaya.

And to all the funny buggers who think it is swage....very amusing. Banjo Patterson would be rolling in his grave! facepalm.gif

Edited by BSJ

It's running at 343 kPa (3.5 kgf/cml , 50 psi). I am not feeling confident about a hose with clamps! blink.png I am in Pattaya.

And to all the funny buggers who think it is swage....very amusing. Banjo Patterson would be rolling in his grave! facepalm.gif

Yes Mr Banjo Paterson would indeed be..smile.png even more so...

My old Nissan 300Z had a dozen or more clamps on the fuel injection system and was at about 90 psi i was told..If factory is satisfied then your 50psi is not a worry.

My old ones post-169941-0-75984800-1393946173_thumb. lost tension so were replaced with new version..post-169941-0-75984800-1393946173_thumb.

You could use these with full confidence IMO

post-169941-0-66909600-1393946363_thumb.

Edited by andreandre

My old Nissan 300Z had a dozen or more clamps on the fuel injection system and was at about 90 psi i was told..If factory is satisfied then your 50psi is not a worry.

My old ones attachicon.gifimagemagic.jpg lost tension so were replaced with new version..attachicon.gifimagemagic.jpg

You could use these with full confidence IMO

Left it too late to edit..but the screwtype clamp is the old style, the double type is newer version...

good luck, but is an easy fix..just not as attractive as the swaged banjo one..

Well andreandre, I happened to find a tiny shop up Sukhumvit Rd just near the ramp that takes you to Hwy 7, East side of Suk, and the guy working there told me he didn't do fuel lines, just hydraulic. But he did give me a vague idea where there is a shop that does fuel lines about 2km further North on Suk.

So tomorrow I travel to North Pattaya for further adventures!

• Like 1

Two things to consider when you are swaging two banjos on one hose for fuel lines.

1. You must get the orientation right as you cannot rotated one end, once the other is fitted, so before you dismantle the old hose make a note of the position of the banjos in relation to each other.

2. Most companies making up new hoses will be using hose suitable for mineral oil hydraulic fluid, not the fuel you are using. Google the material used for hydraulic fluid and see if it is also suitable for gasahol. Or buy the fuel line (hard) and take it in to the fitter, he may need trial and error to get the swage tight enough.

There is one other issue, some banjos have the swaging collars built in, in which case your old banjos will be useless, so I would get new banjos anyway, they are not expensive and usually a standard size.

It turned out to be mission impossible! I got fuel hose off my regular parts guy and put double spring clamps on each end. Not leaking, so that will do! Screw clamps are no good for moderate to high pressure.

post-63954-0-65140200-1394419599_thumb.j

• Like 1