A/C restaurants

mizztraveller

Any suggestions for restaurants with aircon in CM? Sorry to be fussy but don't want Western,Japanese or shopping mall restaurants!

Nor am I looking for expensive hotels.

Just a simple Thai restaurant ..... with A/C.

Is this impossible?

The House has inside A/C rooms, I quite enjoy it.

Not cheap, but good quality F&B in my opinion, although doubtless some naysayer will soon come along to whinge about it.

199 Moon Muang, down past the Montri hotel.

Thanks Chicog. Yes I know where the House is. In fact it was only last week we went and had a look at the shops in there and a look at the menu. Very little Thai options but would be nice for a special occasion. A bit pricey for a normal meal.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not quite Old City, but you can't go wrong with Lemon Tree on Huey Kaew -- just down the road from Kad Suan Kaew maill -- on the opposite side of the road from the mall. It's across from the Shell petrol station and you can park at the Shell station.

They have an extensive menu of Thai food and their prices are just a little bit higher than Thai street food prices. But, the place is clean and their aircon is blissfully cool. Plus, they have free wifi and reasonably priced beer and wine.

You see many, many Thai people eating there. Don't worry if it's full when you arrive -- you can dine upstairs, also.

Does The House have Thai food these days?

Well it's always been more of a "Fusion" type restaurant rather than Thai.

Just my opinion, but I have always felt that was never their forte'. Just throwing some random ingredients together and calling it "fusion" does not usually work out very well. IMO, their meat and potatoes dishes were always better and the atmosphere of the place was what made it worth the price.

Does The House have Thai food these days?

Well it's always been more of a "Fusion" type restaurant rather than Thai.

Just my opinion, but I have always felt that was never their forte'. Just throwing some random ingredients together and calling it "fusion" does not usually work out very well. IMO, their meat and potatoes dishes were always better and the atmosphere of the place was what made it worth the price.

I think it's very much a matter of personal choice really, like most food. I agree some Fusion food is basically just not thought out and is put together for look as much as anything, but chefs who do their homework on tastes and flavours and how they combine can produce some excellent new dishes.

I agree some Fusion food is basically just not thought out and is put together for look as much as anything, but chefs who do their homework on tastes and flavours and how they combine can produce some excellent new dishes.

Agreed. I love really good fusion, but it is not easy to find.

I worked in Hanoi in the 90s and there was a chef there that was amazing. His food was quite cheap as he was an unknown then. Nowdays, he is very famous and just opened a place in London and is on TV all the time.

http://www.bobbychinn.com/

Edited by Ulysses G.