Who will win the Premiership this year? Your Predictions

Pormax

it aint rocket sceince is it!! and pretty pointless thread cos roughly we all know the ans,,just aplace for a few boring ones to gloat but ultimatly its the team with the biggest wallet !!! saying that there aint much between them all,.really depends.whose ' luckiest' with injuries out of man city man utd arsenal or the chav's. liverpool atm imo aint quite got the depth and the champs lge followed by thursday footie will imo stretch them a touch 2 far. Dark horses??

martinez at Everton, as usual will be doing all the right things and for sure at times will push.as per norm spurs will have their moments but ultimatly it will be yet another building season...

Fair points rij.

What interests me is will one team ever run away with the title again?

Will there be a team who dominates totally?

Obviously I would like Chelsea to do that. But I think those days are over.

However much money you throw at it.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea and City don't run away with it. Should be fifteen points clear of everyone. Neither coach has any excuses with the squads they have already let alone what they end up with by the time the window closes.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it aint rocket sceince is it!! and pretty pointless thread cos roughly we all know the ans,,just aplace for a few boring ones to gloat but ultimatly its the team with the biggest wallet !!! saying that there aint much between them all,.really depends.whose ' luckiest' with injuries out of man city man utd arsenal or the chav's. liverpool atm imo aint quite got the depth and the champs lge followed by thursday footie will imo stretch them a touch 2 far. Dark horses??

martinez at Everton, as usual will be doing all the right things and for sure at times will push.as per norm spurs will have their moments but ultimatly it will be yet another building season...

Fair points rij.

What interests me is will one team ever run away with the title again?

Will there be a team who dominates totally?

Obviously I would like Chelsea to do that. But I think those days are over.

However much money you throw at it.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea and City don't run away with it. Should be fifteen points clear of everyone. Neither coach has any excuses with the squads they have already let alone what they end up with by the time the window closes.

I take your point carmine.

But Mr Wenger ( and Mr van Gaal in the fullness of time ) will not be fiddling about either.

If you are right about City and Chelsea being expected to dominate, the title will go to the team who has the best record against the top teams, whilst being able to swat the lower table teams like flies.

But you know as well as I do that if you go to Hull, West Ham, Stoke or Palace , there are no guarantees.

I'll have a think carmine, I know what you mean.

Seem to remember last season City having a run of relatively poor away game results and Chelsea having a vastly better record in the top six games but slipping up away to the bottom sides. I wonder which manager will learn the most from last season?

Fabregas could well be the lock picker to open up some of the bottom sides who grind out the draw?

• Like 1

if any team can ' runaway' with it, personally i hope no one does , gets a touch boring when that happens, but if any one can, mancity can, if they keep 'glass boys' agro nasri and silva fit, as for.the chavs , seems murry has made much of the lack of hungryness in his current striker force and the need 4 a new ultra hungry striker coming in . and going on past history of signing expensive world.class.strikers shevy torres ect ect and currently looking at costa for spain !!! what do you reckon?.

Edited by rijit

Seem to remember last season City having a run of relatively poor away game results and Chelsea having a vastly better record in the top six games but slipping up away to the bottom sides. I wonder which manager will learn the most from last season?

Fabregas could well be the lock picker to open up some of the bottom sides who grind out the draw?

Very fair points I think carmine.

Killer striker plus Fabregas should in theory help Chelsea.

It's all very interesting.

Pellegrini and Mourinho know the score I am sure.

Fairly confident Pochetino knows what he's doing too.

We have some very good managers in the Prem.

Unequal money will always be a bone of contention.

if any team can ' runaway' with it, personally i hope no one does , gets a touch boring when that happens, but if any one can, mancity can, if they keep 'glass boys' agro nasri and silva fit, as for.the chavs , seems murry has made much of the lack of hungryness in his current striker force and the need 4 a new ultra hungry striker coming in . and going on past history of signing expensive world.class.strikers shevy torres ect ect and currently looking at costa for spain !!! what do you reckon?.

Agree rij.

But if Mourinho doesn't know what he's doing I would be very surprised.

Major advantage for Mourinho, apart from the money, extensive experience across Europe at the top level.

Pellegrini's no fool either.

• 3 weeks later...

Might be worth delving into this thread again.

A little quote from the lesser spotted Neville. smile.png

"You always see trends from major tournaments carry on into the following league season and, if counter-attacking catches on more in the Premier League next season, I think that speed is going to be something we see a lot of teams focus on more than before."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28221119

Saw a BBC article yesterday that reminded me how little experience Premier League managers now have with their own clubs. If you take Arsene out of the equation, the average longevity of a Prem manager with his present club when the season starts on 16-August will be just 17 months. Must surely be a record

If you look at the number of complete seasons that managers have been with their clubs you get the following:

17 seasons 1 manager

3 seasons 2 managers

2 seasons 4 managers

1 season 6 managers

part season 3 managers

this summer 4 managers (inc van Gall, who was technically appointed before the end of last season)

While we wait for the onset of hostilities and for those who want to stave off the Alzheimers, you might want to test your memories.

Who are the two managers with 3 seasons experience, who are those appointed part way through last season and who has been appointed this Summer.

Answer here:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28180376

Yes - I know that a few managers have long-running Prem experience at more than their current club. Who is the most experienced at managing Arsene, apart from Arsene. I haven't looked that one up myself

• Like 1