Who will win the Premiership this year? Your Predictions

Pormax

It was suggested I start a new thread on this topic.

I have looked at the present 6 teams in the Premiership and the last remaining fixtures.and tried to guess the outcome.

Yes, I know football is not an exact science and one has to take into account, so many things including poor ref decisions, player injuries and suspensions taking it's toll, squad size and not least luck going with you.There is also future fixture congestion to consider with many of the top teams still involved in Europe, though perhaps not for too long, and the FA Cup.

The later could go in Liverpool's favour as they only have the Premiership to worry about.

My predictions are given below in the order I think the teams will finish.

I have given the points they have now (A) followed by the points I think they will get from their remaining matches (B) then added together to give the final points tally ©.

A B C

1. Chelsea 63 - 26 - 89

2. Man City 57 - 31 - 88

3. Liverpool 59 - 24 - 83

4. Arsenal 59 - 19 - 78

5. spurs 53 - 23 - 73

6. Everton 48 - 20 - 68

It will be interesrting to see what other's predictions are and what the final results are and then who has come closest to being correct.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head says Chelsea at this point, he knows how to dog results out at this stage of a season and City, with the games in hand, are more capable of dropping points I think.

So head says Chelsea, heart, stomach, spleen and testicles say Liverpool.

Oh and think the January signing of Matic may prove to be the clincher.

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 2

City. Chelsea fatally-flawed in the striking position (as for 2-3 seasons now). Below that; anyone's guess and dependent on injuries and sexual pecadillos - our lad up front is thinking too much with his small head these dayslaugh.png.

If it's not gonna be our year (and it's probably not gonna be our year) would wish for Liverpool to take it to restore a bit of balance in Lower Lancashire.

City need to up their game....yeah its between them and the chavs....I know who I want to win that one.

Surprise package is the scousers....not just for top four but the stylish way they have improved.

Excellent management right there.

City. Chelsea fatally-flawed in the striking position (as for 2-3 seasons now). Below that; anyone's guess and dependent on injuries and sexual pecadillos - our lad up front is thinking too much with his small head these dayslaugh.png.

If it's not gonna be our year (and it's probably not gonna be our year) would wish for Liverpool to take it to restore a bit of balance in Lower Lancashire.

Grrrrrrrr! It is Merseyside mate......Unless you want to be known as the top side in Lower Middlesex!smile.png

Hmmm, tricky. Chelsea are a funny one this season. We haven't played particularly well, but are still at the top. We are struggling without a striker, but only 3 players have scored a hat trick in 2014 - Eto, Shirley and Hazard. Chelsea may win games at the moment, but rarely demolish opponents like City and Pool do. We are just grinding out results.

Push comes to shove, I think City will do it. Maybe in the same style they did a couple of years ago. I think all the teams will drop points where they shouldn't as well. Many more twists and turns in this one.

Hmmm, tricky. Chelsea are a funny one this season. We haven't played particularly well, but are still at the top. We are struggling without a striker, but only 3 players have scored a hat trick in 2014 - Eto, Shirley and Hazard. Chelsea may win games at the moment, but rarely demolish opponents like City and Pool do. We are just grinding out results.

Push comes to shove, I think City will do it. Maybe in the same style they did a couple of years ago. I think all the teams will drop points where they shouldn't as well. Many more twists and turns in this one.

i can't help thinking that with the quality of your respective squads Chelsea and City should be at least ten points clear of everyone by now and the performances of both coaches has been nothing to write home about. seems they have both been their own worst enemies. Perhaps i'm comparing them to the likes of Rodgers and Martinez i suppose who have shone this season.

Chelsea, looking at the remaining games seem to have done the harder work already and i'd back Mourinho and his tight defensive football to edge it if it goes to the wire.

SIR

Not your decade

i can't help thinking that with the quality of your respective squads Chelsea and City should be at least ten points clear of everyone by now and the performances of both coaches has been nothing to write home about. seems they have both been their own worst enemies. Perhaps i'm comparing them to the likes of Rodgers and Martinez i suppose who have shone this season.

Chelsea, looking at the remaining games seem to have done the harder work already and i'd back Mourinho and his tight defensive football to edge it if it goes to the wire.

In some ways I agree that City and Chelsea should be ahead by more. Mourinho has done well when you consider where we were last season and we still lack a credible striker. In fact I would say only the signing of Matic had improved our starting 11 from last year.

Both Martinez and Rodgers set up without fear and have been the managers of the season, but we still have a way to go and as the pressure builds we will see how they hold their nerve.

Off on a tangent, but Chelsea need a striker, Arsenal need a striker, Liverpool need a defense, but what do City need? By this somewhat odd logic, it points to City that are underperforming the most.

• Like 2

I think with it being Pellegrini's first season in the Prem, he's not doing too bad. Room for improvement? Absolutely.

As for the winner this year. I think it's too close to call at the moment. I think it's going to be a nervy final week or two but that's how it should be.

SIR

Not your decade

One numpty will always emerge on any sensible TV thread.

And from numpty number 2, Arsenal will not finish in the top 4. Everything else is to close to call at this stage.

NB: Am willing to breakdown and discuss wink.png

They've been scraping in by hook or crook for years, courtesy of all sorts of luck and it would be more than fair if their luck ran out and they missed the cut. They are a complete waste of space in the CL anyway and the forth place would be better off going to a club with ambition rather than one whose only interest is in the balance books with a manager thats more than happy to be paid a large wedge rather than win trophies.

Marriage made in heaven in a club more interested in money than silverware allied with a walking french sleeping bag more interested in money than silverwarelaugh.png

Edited by carmine

And from numpty number 2, Arsenal will not finish in the top 4. Everything else is to close to call at this stage.

NB: Am willing to breakdown and discuss wink.png

I think you've already had a breakdown.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Looking at the fixtures for this month, it could be a defining month as to who goes where. Lots of big games happening. It's feasible Spurs could pass Arsenal or Arsenal could stamp some authority.

Looking at the fixtures for this month, it could be a defining month as to who goes where. Lots of big games happening. It's feasible Spurs could pass Arsenal or Arsenal could stamp some authority.

Spurs won't be passing anyone with whats left of our defense.

You don't need a defence, just ask Liverpool fans!

After March, you guys have an easy run in, in theory.

Also, Turbo Tim has a better win ratio than AVB now! Sure, he hasn't played as many games, but still better to be better than worse.

You don't need a defence, just ask Liverpool fans!

After March, you guys have an easy run in, in theory.

Also, Turbo Tim has a better win ratio than AVB now! Sure, he hasn't played as many games, but still better to be better than worse.

But is it an easier run in playing teams that are fighting for premier league survival? I don't hold that view.

• Like 1

Well it's easier than playing teams fighting for the title.....

Not so sure about that, as those fighting for relegation have nothing to lose as they will be expected not to win. We have seen it before and will see it again.

The top teams will be frightened to lose agaist each other so there could be many draws between them.

Whatever happens it will be good to watch.

With Man City not looking like going any further in the Champions League I think that the 2013/14 EPL CHAMPIONS will be Manchester City,and Arsenal as Runners Up.

My head says Man City because of their firepower and that Toure is different gravy.

I hate to even contemplate Mourino winning.

Liverpool are the most improved and Brendan Rogers is proving to be a good manager.

I have a soft spot for Arsenal - but I fear THEIR soft spot will be their downfall.

Chicog won't like me saying it but on the strength of our performances in the last 2 months I think it feasible that we might miss the cut.

However, It would take a significant improvement from Spurs to turn around a 7 point gap (one point for GD - they need a fair few 4nils to come even close to catch up). I also think it pretty unlikely that our form of the last two months will not improve, largely due to the return of Aaron Ramsey (never thought I'd be saying that a year ago!) and an expectation that the wayward ones up front (Ozil and Giroud) will get there heads in order. A strong defence is a good bedrock for getting the number of wins necessary.

Chicog won't like me saying it but on the strength of our performances in the last 2 months I think it feasible that we might miss the cut.

However, It would take a significant improvement from Spurs to turn around a 7 point gap (one point for GD - they need a fair few 4nils to come even close to catch up). I also think it pretty unlikely that our form of the last two months will not improve, largely due to the return of Aaron Ramsey (never thought I'd be saying that a year ago!) and an expectation that the wayward ones up front (Ozil and Giroud) will get there heads in order. A strong defence is a good bedrock for getting the number of wins necessary.

Not really Santi, we needed a big striker in January and instead we got Sanogo.

Top 4 will do for now but marquee striker in the summer is a must. Not like we can't afford it now. New shirt deal starts, New shirt/stadium sponsorship starts, etc.